Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 08-24-2011, 03:26 AM   #1
Maikoru
Human being with feelings

Default [Help] causes menu headings to disappear in 4.02

This appears to be different to the OS menu icon problem identified in http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=85898 so I though I'd post a new thread.
Would be good to know if anyone else gets this too...

System: OSX 10.5.8 - Reaper 4.02

With a project open, but no plug-in windows open (doesn't matter if plugins are in the mixer or not) the top menu [File] [Edit] ... operates exactly as you'd expect.

With a plug-in window open (any vendor, any plug-in) all of the menus drop down as expected, but closing the [Help] menu makes all of the text headings disappear. The apple icon, wifi, battery and time etc all remain. Clicking twice within the Reaper (or closing the plug-in window) restores the menu display till you repeat the action.

Anybody?
Maikoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:49 AM   #2
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Could it be that the plug-in window gets focus when you close the Help menu for some reason? In that case that would be normal behavior since since plug-in windows don't have a top level menu and the menu bar in OSX is supposed to reflect that).
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:41 AM   #3
bitrate

I just tried what the OP said. Here's what happens for me:

All menubar titles are present on the left side (Apple Icon, REAPER, File, Edit, View, Insert, Item, Track, Options, Actions, Extensions, Help, Window).

Then, when I instantiated a plugin and give it focus, only the word REAPER is in the menubar and the others disappear.

When I click back in the main edit window, all menu titles reappear.

However, when I click just on the word Help (but not on anything in the help menu) that makes all the titles disappear, including REAPER, where the only thing showing on the left is the Apple icon. (The system stuff (clock etc.) is still on the right side). Clicking on the main edit window brings them all back.

I've already removed version 3 so I can't check the behavior there. It could very well be normal behavior for the REAPER word to disappear also when Help , but a person never having noticed it before--then witnessing it--would have understandable reason to ask.

Last edited by bitrate; 08-24-2011 at 05:48 AM.
bitrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:55 AM   #4
grayter1

This has been a problem for a while. Plugin window focusing causes problems with Reaper's main menus. I get a blue rollover (on the main menus) when a plugin has focus, but cannot view the drop-down menu items.

When this happens, as others have said, I have to click on the main window to restore focus to the app.

It's more than annoying...

tg
Mac Studio M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.3 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Keylab 61 mkII / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X / UVI Falcon
grayter1 is offline   Reply With Quote