Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 09-17-2006, 06:16 AM   #1
malcolmj
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI Device Preferences keep resetting

Hi Justin,

Over the past 3 versions I have found that my MIDI Device Preference settings keep resetting to the Windows Default at least once every day. I can't pin down what is causing this or how to repro it on another machine, but without fail I find that the Preferences have been reset to MPU-401 instead of my M-Audio device at some time during each day. Any idea what might cause this? It's only something that's started happening recently.

Cheers,

Malcolm.
malcolmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:39 PM   #2
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmj
Hi Justin,

Over the past 3 versions I have found that my MIDI Device Preference settings keep resetting to the Windows Default at least once every day. I can't pin down what is causing this or how to repro it on another machine, but without fail I find that the Preferences have been reset to MPU-401 instead of my M-Audio device at some time during each day. Any idea what might cause this? It's only something that's started happening recently.

Cheers,

Malcolm.
Hmm, I havne't seen that.. REAPER tracks the indexes of the selected midi devices.. are those changing? or just the order of the devices... ?

-Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:15 PM   #3
malcolmj
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
Hmm, I havne't seen that.. REAPER tracks the indexes of the selected midi devices.. are those changing? or just the order of the devices... ?

-Justin
It's the selected device that keeps changing, not the order. I only ever use my M-Audio FW1814, but this keeps getting deselected and the MPU-401 (windows default MIDI device) keeps getting selected instead. Quite strange.

Cheers,

Malcolm.
malcolmj is offline   Reply With Quote