Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 06-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
Auralviolence
Human being with feelings

Default "auto-view-scroll during playback" separately for Main and MIDI-Editor ?

The issue is the following. For the Main window toolbar I create an action button for "Toggle auto-view-scroll during playback". The same button with the same action is created for the MIDI-Editor as well. The problem is although it's created for the Main and the MIDI-Editor independently - those buttons are linked in Reaper somehow internally. But what if I don't want it to be linked ? For example, if I would like it to be ON for the Main window but OFF for the MIDI-Editor (e.g. as it's possible in Cubase, I hate this auto-scroll in the MIDI-Editor !).

Because now it's so that if I switch it ON/OFF in the MIDI-Editor, it automatically becomes ON/OFF for the Main window accordingly as well. And if I switch it ON/OFF in the Main window, it's even more strange - it automatically becomes ON/OFF in the MIDI-Editor accordingly as well, but not immediately - it changes the status after I close and reopen the MIDI-Editor next time. It's shown on the gif below. Is there any way to unlink this between Main and MIDI-Editor ?

Last edited by Auralviolence; 10-02-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Auralviolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
Auralviolence

Am I the only Reaper user who doesn't like this link so much ? How do you guys endure auto-view-scroll in the MIDI-editor ?
Old 10-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #3
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

If you select a note etc. (IOW start editing) in the ME while playback is running, auto-scroll is turning off automatically until you restart the transport. Other than that, the setting is global only.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
Auralviolence

Ollie, thanks so much ! I didn't know that selecting a note disables autoscroll So, the issue is solved (no issue)