Old 06-01-2023, 11:45 PM   #1
rickeb1
Human being with feelings

Default M-Audio Delta 1010LT

After a very long hiatus, I am trying to get back to doing some recording with Reaper. I have a Windows 10 PC and have installed my old M-Audio Delta 1010LT. I will be using it in conjunction with an old Mackie mixer for both input and output.

Using the last Windows 7 64-bit driver, the 1010LT is working as far as Windows is concerned (i.e. I get sound from Windows). Now I need to configure it with Reaper, but I'm not at all sure what things I should set in the Reaper preferences for the sound device. Here is what I *think* might be the right settings:

Audio System: WaveOut
Input Device: Multichannel (M-Audio Delta 1010LT)
Output Device: Multichannel (M-Audio Delta 1010LT)
Sample format: 16, 24 or 32 bit?
Input channels: 2 (?)
Output channels: 2 (?)
Samplerate: 44100
Buffers: 8 x 1256? (latency: 46ms)

Any help or insight appreciated!
rickeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 12:03 AM   #2
jax

Is there an ASIO driver for the 1010LT on Windows 10?
You should use ASIO to get access to the multi-channel interface.
The 1010LT was pretty sweet when I used it some years ago (but in Windows XP).
jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 06:41 AM   #3
Philbo King

Yeah, Windows defaults to 2 channel stereo pairs when it uses its default generic device driver. You'll have to find a driver designed for that interface.

Unfortunately M-Audio is *not* known for updating drivers for its older products to work with later versions of Windows. It might be less pain to get a new interface, or to set up a Linux system (which has device drivers embedded in the OS kernel).
Old 06-02-2023, 06:59 AM   #4
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbo King View Post
Unfortunately M-Audio is *not* known for updating drivers for its older products to work with later versions of Windows. It might be less pain to get a new interface, or to set up a Linux system (which has device drivers embedded in the OS kernel).
Well they were purchased by AVID last time I checked (long ago ) but before that MAUDIO was one of the original good guys with solid drivers and long-term support for those drivers. My 1998 Delta-66s had available drivers until I stopped using it around 2010.

Here's the link for the 1010 (that's a great card btw). I just ran the installer on my Windows 11 machine so it at least isn't being blocked - it's possible it won't work but being PCI you won't run into rewritten USB or FW stack issues which is the more likely scenario, so it's worth a try.

https://www.m-audio.com/support/down...rs/delta-6.0.8

Actually, ^thats the 1010 not the 1010LT, just need to go to that same site and grab the LT version.
Old 06-02-2023, 07:35 AM   #5
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeb1 View Post
Using the last Windows 7 64-bit driver, the 1010LT is working as far as Windows is concerned (i.e. I get sound from Windows). Now I need to configure it with Reaper, but I'm not at all sure what things I should set in the Reaper preferences for the sound device. Here is what I *think* might be the right settings:

Audio System: WaveOut
Input Device: Multichannel (M-Audio Delta 1010LT)
Output Device: Multichannel (M-Audio Delta 1010LT)
Sample format: 16, 24 or 32 bit?
Input channels: 2 (?)
Output channels: 2 (?)
Samplerate: 44100
Buffers: 8 x 1256? (latency: 46ms)

Any help or insight appreciated!
As Jax mentioned, try to use the ASIO driver. Also, for input and output channels, just type in the number 10 for both.

I used to use two Delta 2496 cards sync'd over spdif, and briefly tried using them in Windows 10 with the old Win7 drivers and they worked fine using the ASIO driver set to 64 samples. In both Windows 7 and Win 10 I had to manually type in the number 4 for input and out channels.

The M-Audio Delta cards also work great in Linux and don't require you to install a driver. I use Linux exclusively now with a Behringer UMC1820, and when I added another 8 Midas mic pres with an ADA8200, I again had to manually override how many channels REAPER had, from 10 inputs to 18, and from 10 outputs to 20.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 11:12 AM   #6
rickeb1

Thank you all for the quick replies, and please bear with my lack of knowledge on this topic! I have installed the 6.0.8 M-Audio driver as suggested. Is there another driver, an ASIO driver, that I need to install in addition to the 6.0.8 M-Audio driver? I don't see one on the M-Audio site, so would I need something like ASIO4ALL?

Again, I am not at all knowledgeable on these things, so thanks for bearing with me!
Old 06-02-2023, 11:47 AM   #7
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeb1 View Post
Thank you all for the quick replies, and please bear with my lack of knowledge on this topic! I have installed the 6.0.8 M-Audio driver as suggested. Is there another driver, an ASIO driver, that I need to install in addition to the 6.0.8 M-Audio driver? I don't see one on the M-Audio site, so would I need something like ASIO4ALL?

Again, I am not at all knowledgeable on these things, so thanks for bearing with me!
No worries at all, if it is installed properly (not sure if it needs a reboot), when you go into reaper device preferences, choose ASIO as "audio system" then you should see the Delta listed under that in the "ASIO driver" dropdown. Here is the equivalent of that but my RME ASIO interface instead:

Old 06-02-2023, 11:57 PM   #8
rickeb1

Ahh, that helped greatly, thank you! I think I have it sorted now, thanks again for everyone's help!