Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 05-19-2023, 07:03 PM   #3521
Nick Morris
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgoboss View Post
Target type: "FX parameter: Set value"
Track: doesn't matter
FX: <This>
Parameter: Particular "1. Main p1: Param 1", for example

Each ReaLearn instance has a bunch of internal parameters that can be used freely, for example as dummy target.

The target "ReaLearn: Dummy target" should work as well if you don't need to get/set the "current dummy value" from another mapping.
I really have no idea what you are talking about with this. Totally lost me.

What I was doing was setting buttons in a toolbar to control the SSL Sigma mixer functions. Is your alternative example another version of this or something else, because I don't understand how it relates to what I was trying to do. I don't follow what the "FX parameter: Set value" is supposed to do, how would I bind this to a button on a toolbar?
Old 05-19-2023, 11:50 PM   #3522
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Morris View Post
I really have no idea what you are talking about with this. Totally lost me.

What I was doing was setting buttons in a toolbar to control the SSL Sigma mixer functions. Is your alternative example another version of this or something else, because I don't understand how it relates to what I was trying to do. I don't follow what the "FX parameter: Set value" is supposed to do, how would I bind this to a button on a toolbar?
Ah, now I get it. It's about the toolbar buttons, not the dummy target. Then let's talk about your dummy REAPER action solution. Sorry, completely misunderstood you.

Your goal: Whenever you press the toolbar button, ReaLearn should send a message to the SSL in order to trigger a particular function.

Your solution: You assign the toolbar button to an on/off action and use that on/off action as a target in ReaLearn, relying on the "<= Feedback" path to trigger a function in your SSL.

Your problem: ReaLearn sends a feedback message not only when you press the button but also at seemingly random times, for example when opening REAPER.

Analysis

1. ReaLearn doesn't guarantee that a feedback message is sent only once.

"Feedback" is usually used to make sure that e.g. LEDs have the correct on/off state or that motor faders have the correct position. At all times! ReaLearn must make sure that the LEDs and motor faders reflect the correct state/position *at all times*. That also means it sometimes sends messages at events that *could* have changed something about the state/position, but not necessarily did. And one of those events is *for sure* when starting REAPER.

2. Why does it matter in your case that the message is sent only once?

For the LED and motor fader use cases, sending the same feedback message multiple times is not a problem at all. It doesn't make a difference whether you send the "on" once or if you send it twice.

But seemingly, in your case, it seems to make a big difference. My suspicion is that sending this particular OSC message to SSL *toggles* something. So you send the message once, it switches to "on". You send the same message again and it switches to "off".

Is that correct? If so, you have the following options:

a. Make sure your SSL doesn't toggle but always follows the state in REAPER.

b. Use keyboard keys to trigger the changes in your SSL (by using the keyboard input/sources and "OSC: Send message" target)

c. Wait for https://github.com/helgoboss/realearn/issues/649 - a way to use toolbar buttons as "source" to control something (not as target to send feedback).
helgoboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 04:07 AM   #3523
Nick Morris

Quote:
Ah, now I get it. It's about the toolbar buttons, not the dummy target. Then let's talk about your dummy REAPER action solution. Sorry, completely misunderstood you.

Your goal: Whenever you press the toolbar button, ReaLearn should send a message to the SSL in order to trigger a particular function.

Your solution: You assign the toolbar button to an on/off action and use that on/off action as a target in ReaLearn, relying on the "<= Feedback" path to trigger a function in your SSL.

Your problem: ReaLearn sends a feedback message not only when you press the button but also at seemingly random times, for example when opening REAPER.

Analysis

1. ReaLearn doesn't guarantee that a feedback message is sent only once.

"Feedback" is usually used to make sure that e.g. LEDs have the correct on/off state or that motor faders have the correct position. At all times! ReaLearn must make sure that the LEDs and motor faders reflect the correct state/position *at all times*. That also means it sometimes sends messages at events that *could* have changed something about the state/position, but not necessarily did. And one of those events is *for sure* when starting REAPER.

2. Why does it matter in your case that the message is sent only once?

For the LED and motor fader use cases, sending the same feedback message multiple times is not a problem at all. It doesn't make a difference whether you send the "on" once or if you send it twice.

But seemingly, in your case, it seems to make a big difference. My suspicion is that sending this particular OSC message to SSL *toggles* something. So you send the message once, it switches to "on". You send the same message again and it switches to "off".

Is that correct? If so, you have the following options:

a. Make sure your SSL doesn't toggle but always follows the state in REAPER.

b. Use keyboard keys to trigger the changes in your SSL (by using the keyboard input/sources and "OSC: Send message" target)

c. Wait for https://github.com/helgoboss/realearn/issues/649 - a way to use toolbar buttons as "source" to control something (not as target to send feedback).
Thank you, this is accurate and on the same page now.

The SSL uses float values of 0 and 1 to toggle so can’t really stop it from toggling. I can wait for the new way to use the toolbar buttons.

Appreciate you
Old 05-21-2023, 03:02 AM   #3524
dna598

@helgoboss

After trying out Pot Browser, which is very cool, I noticed the field for inserting the fx at a particular position in the track fx chain.

I have buttons mapped to invoking fx shortcut actions in Realearn. These fx inevitably get inserted at the end of the chain on the selected track. It would be great to be able to choose their insert location before instantiation.

Is there a way this could be implemented into Realearn?
dna598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 09:56 AM   #3525
Kickaxe

Quote:
Target type: "FX parameter: Set value"
Track: doesn't matter
FX: <This>
Parameter: Particular "1. Main p1: Param 1", for example

Each ReaLearn instance has a bunch of internal parameters that can be used freely, for example as dummy target.

The target "ReaLearn: Dummy target" should work as well if you don't need to get/set the "current dummy value" from another mapping.
Hi helgoboss. I'm trying to map Program Change messages from my midi pedal in order to trigger the reaper.Main_openProject() API. For example, PC00 I want to run reaper.Main_openProject("noprompt:song1.rpp"), PC01 to run reaper.Main_openProject("noprompt:different_song.r pp") and so on. I have many songs for live playing. These are all in separate projects and I use many multitracks for each song in order to accompany my singing and guitar playing and so it's not practical to have all songs in one project. I know I could write a lua script for each song and hard-code the path but that is not very practical, so I would like to consolidate everything into maybe one script by taking the Program Change midi input and launching the relevant song.rpp.

Let me know if this is possible or if you or anyone else have any ideas on how I could script this the way I describe. Thanks for your help.
Kickaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 08:44 AM   #3526
helgoboss

Released ReaLearn 2.15.0-pre.4 (ReaPack installation instructions)

Changes:
- #842 Pot Browser: Added support for "Project databases" (add via '+' icon, gives you essentially a history of sounds/presets used in all of your projects)
- #842 Pot Browser: Added new text feedback placeholders "fx_parameter.macro.section.name" and "fx_parameter.macro.name"
- #842 Pot Browser: Added preset context menu action "Reveal preview in file manager"
- #842 Pot Browser: Added preset metadata section containing information about author, vendor, file size and modification date (if available)
- #842 Pot Browser: Added more options to configure when to display FX windows and when to hide them
- #842 Pot Browser: Added preset context menu action "Pre-play" (This is fun! It's like a preview on steroids. Pot Browser will load the preview into RS5k sampler, making it playable on your keyboard. So you can play the sound in a lower quality without actually loading the preset. Useful if loading a preset is slow and you want to get a first impression before loading it. Or use it in creative ways!)
- #842 Pot Browser: Improved UI a bit (show notifications a bit longer, better text formatting and error messages, better responsiveness, avoid empty "round dot" context menu)
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed VST2 plug-ins with negative magic number not showing up (e.g. "Op-X Pro II")
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed some Komplete banks and categories not showing up (e.g. "MiniMonsta 2"
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed NKS macro parameters for all VST3 plug-ins not being found
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed internal "FX presets" for all VST2 plug-ins not showing up
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed JSFX effects failing to load if they have a file extension (e.g. Saike's JSFX)
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed possible crash by preventing Pot Browser from replacing its associated ReaLearn instance
Old 05-23-2023, 09:26 AM   #3527
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaxe View Post
Hi helgoboss. I'm trying to map Program Change messages from my midi pedal in order to trigger the reaper.Main_openProject() API. For example, PC00 I want to run reaper.Main_openProject("noprompt:song1.rpp"), PC01 to run reaper.Main_openProject("noprompt:different_song.r pp") and so on. I have many songs for live playing. These are all in separate projects and I use many multitracks for each song in order to accompany my singing and guitar playing and so it's not practical to have all songs in one project. I know I could write a lua script for each song and hard-code the path but that is not very practical, so I would like to consolidate everything into maybe one script by taking the Program Change midi input and launching the relevant song.rpp.

Let me know if this is possible or if you or anyone else have any ideas on how I could script this the way I describe. Thanks for your help.
Maybe use get_action_context in the script and look into the incoming value?
Old 05-23-2023, 09:27 AM   #3528
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna598 View Post
@helgoboss

After trying out Pot Browser, which is very cool, I noticed the field for inserting the fx at a particular position in the track fx chain.

I have buttons mapped to invoking fx shortcut actions in Realearn. These fx inevitably get inserted at the end of the chain on the selected track. It would be great to be able to choose their insert location before instantiation.

Is there a way this could be implemented into Realearn?
What are FX shortcuts? I'm afraid I don't really understand what you are after.
Old 05-23-2023, 12:25 PM   #3529
dna598

Quote:
What are FX shortcuts? I'm afraid I don't really understand what you are after.
"create shortcut..." on a plug in (right click the effect in fx browser). Creates an action that puts the plug in on the selected track.
I am after a way to choose what position it goes in on the track's fx chain. You have this in Pot browser. I would like to have this choice when invoking fx shortcuts in Realearn.

One other thing if i may.

I have "all selected" for track, with named parameter, named fx. But when selecting multiple tracks it only moves the first track in the selection's relevant plugin parameter.
Old 05-23-2023, 02:03 PM   #3530
Kickaxe

Quote:
Maybe use get_action_context in the script and look into the incoming value?
OK Thanks, I'll have a look at that.
Kickaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 03:29 PM   #3531
helgoboss

Quote:
"create shortcut..." on a plug in (right click the effect in fx browser). Creates an action that puts the plug in on the selected track.
I am after a way to choose what position it goes in on the track's fx chain. You have this in Pot browser. I would like to have this choice when invoking fx shortcuts in Realearn.

One other thing if i may.

I have "all selected" for track, with named parameter, named fx. But when selecting multiple tracks it only moves the first track in the selection's relevant plugin parameter.
Mmh no. This "shortcut" logic happens entirely in REAPER. There's no way ReaLearn can intercept that.

And as for track "All selected", you must combine it with FX/parameter "All named", not just "Named" in order to match all FX and all parameters.
Old 05-24-2023, 12:41 AM   #3532
dna598

Quote:
Mmh no. This "shortcut" logic happens entirely in REAPER. There's no way ReaLearn can intercept that.

And as for track "All selected", you must combine it with FX/parameter "All named", not just "Named" in order to match all FX and all parameters.

Ok, thanks again!

Just an idea....It would really speed things up if it was made possible to copy the track, fx, or parameter part only (or combination) of the target, for pasting to many mappings.

Last edited by dna598; 05-24-2023 at 12:50 AM.
Old 05-24-2023, 02:28 AM   #3533
helgoboss

Quote:
Ok, thanks again!

Just an idea....It would really speed things up if it was made possible to copy the track, fx, or parameter part only (or combination) of the target, for pasting to many mappings.
Tip: As an alternative, you can always export as Lua, make batch modifications in text editor and import again.
Old 05-24-2023, 03:38 AM   #3534
helgoboss

Released ReaLearn 2.15.0-pre.6 (ReaPack installation instructions)

Changes:
- #842 Pot Browser: Improved usability by adding hint to "FX presets" database that ".vstpreset"-style presets are not yet supported
- #842 Pot Browser: Improved usability by detecting VST3 plug-ins scanned by very old REAPER versions and giving corresponding instructions (sometimes still shown as false positive)
- #842 Pot Browser: Improved usability by adding context column, e.g. to display the containing project of project presets
- #842 Pot Browser: Improved preview recording quality by not normalizing (closer to the original, less surprises when doing pre-play)
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed loading of presets in "FX presets" for sub-directory JS effects on Windows and particular VST plug-ins
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed slightly unresponsive GUI when opening Pot Browser for the first time
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed error on Windows when trying to add project database (by not displaying file dialog)
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed possible temporary UI inconsistency by preventing rebuilds during refresh
Old 05-25-2023, 03:13 AM   #3535
dna598

Quote:
Tip: As an alternative, you can always export as Lua, make batch modifications in text editor and import again.
Ah ok thanks, i 'll take a look.

Is there a way to have track controls as target?
Old 05-26-2023, 04:36 PM   #3536
777funk

Quote:
The pad LEDs of APC Key 25 show different colors depending on the velocity (or CC value, I don't remember if it's controlled by NOTE or CC messages). That means if you have a mapping in ReaLearn that uses a pad as source, you can influence the OFF color by setting "Source min" and ON color by setting "Source max".
Is there any further information on setting the color of the buttons on the APC Key 25 Akai?

So far only green shows. I tried adjusting source min and max and there is no change. I'm using the button so far to toggle track mutes. It'd be useful to have some color changing possible.
777funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 12:56 AM   #3537
helgoboss

Quote:
Ah ok thanks, i 'll take a look.

Is there a way to have track controls as target?
Yes. Search for selected_track_tcp_index in the user guide.
Old 05-27-2023, 12:59 AM   #3538
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777funk View Post
Is there any further information on setting the color of the buttons on the APC Key 25 Akai?

So far only green shows. I tried adjusting source min and max and there is no change. I'm using the button so far to toggle track mutes. It'd be useful to have some color changing possible.
MK1 or MK2? Source min/max changes the color, definitely. Can you post a screenshot of the mapping panel? MK2 also uses the source channel to apply different brightness levels.
Old 05-27-2023, 09:52 AM   #3539
777funk

Quote:
MK1 or MK2? Source min/max changes the color, definitely. Can you post a screenshot of the mapping panel? MK2 also uses the source channel to apply different brightness levels.
Thank you Benjamin for the reply! This unit doesn't say Mk2, so I would assume it's the original version. Has a black top and red bottom plastic.

The LED seems to work great when toggling (mute master) but only lights green. Which is absolutely good enough by the way! But it would be great to program it to use other colors if possible.

The two screenshots are the full Min/Max range followed by Max being turned down all the way to "1". If I adjust anywhere from 1 to maximum 127, it is always green. If I adjust min higher than zero, it's of course always lit up and max down to zero, it's always off. But it appears that it cannot be another color or brightness.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_2023-05-27_11-42-59.png (247.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_2023-05-27_11-44-04.png (245.6 KB, 55 views)
Old 05-27-2023, 11:30 AM   #3540
helgoboss

Quote:
Thank you Benjamin for the reply! This unit doesn't say Mk2, so I would assume it's the original version. Has a black top and red bottom plastic.

The LED seems to work great when toggling (mute master) but only lights green. Which is absolutely good enough by the way! But it would be great to program it to use other colors if possible.

The two screenshots are the full Min/Max range followed by Max being turned down all the way to "1". If I adjust anywhere from 1 to maximum 127, it is always green. If I adjust min higher than zero, it's of course always lit up and max down to zero, it's always off. But it appears that it cannot be another color or brightness.
MK1 doesn't support many colors, there's only green and yellow, maybe red. Also no brightness variations, only blinking or not blinking. I remember that one increment changes e.g. from green to yellow and then to the blinking variants. And then it always repeats. But if you don't succeed, I can check it back home.
Old 05-28-2023, 04:09 AM   #3541
777funk

Quote:
MK1 doesn't support many colors, there's only green and yellow, maybe red. Also no brightness variations, only blinking or not blinking. I remember that one increment changes e.g. from green to yellow and then to the blinking variants. And then it always repeats. But if you don't succeed, I can check it back home.
Maybe within Lua Code there would be more LED control?

Not worth stressing over of course. But sure would be nice if could change colors and blinking options.
Old 05-28-2023, 04:40 AM   #3542
helgoboss

Quote:
Maybe within Lua Code there would be more LED control?

Not worth stressing over of course. But sure would be nice if could change colors and blinking options.
This has nothing to do with Lua or not, it's only about the capability of the device. I just checked:

0 = off
1 = green
2 = green blinking
3 = red
4 = red blinking
5 = yellow
6 = yellow blinking
7-127 = green

Set "Source max" to one of those values, then the "on" state will have the corresponding color.

That's all the APC Key25 MK1 can do. If you need more colors, you need to buy the MK2.
Old 05-28-2023, 11:52 AM   #3543
helgoboss

Released ReaLearn 2.15.0-pre.7 (ReaPack installation instructions)

Changes:
- #842 Pot Browser: Added possibility to search not just in preset name column but also plug-in/product and file extension columns (all 3 enabled by default)
- #842 Pot Browser: Added new text feedback placeholder "fx_parameter.macro.bank.name"
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed broken detection of some JS effects (and related "FX preset" loading)
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed UI issue that dialogs could get too large vertically
- #856 Fixed usability issue with "FX parameter: Set value" and instance FX "Focused" by making it possible to choose FX parameter although instance FX not focused anymore
Old 05-28-2023, 03:51 PM   #3544
777funk

Quote:
This has nothing to do with Lua or not, it's only about the capability of the device. I just checked:

0 = off
1 = green
2 = green blinking
3 = red
4 = red blinking
5 = yellow
6 = yellow blinking
7-127 = green

Set "Source max" to one of those values, then the "on" state will have the corresponding color.

That's all the APC Key25 MK1 can do. If you need more colors, you need to buy the MK2.
Very good and thank you. I will try with something between 2 and 6 and see if there is a difference. EDIT: YES, it works just as you describe.

Thank you very much for all the replies and of course your excellent YouTube videos. And GREAT music! You are blessed with quite a talent.

Last edited by 777funk; 05-28-2023 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-29-2023, 12:18 AM   #3545
BenjyO

Benjamin, do you still accept error/bug reports via e-mail or should we open new issues on github? Whenever ReaLearn spits out an error message, the message instructs us to send a report etc. to your e-mail. I'm just wondering what the most effective and surefire way of reporting is for you or does it not matter because you check both?
Old 05-29-2023, 12:20 AM   #3546
helgoboss

Quote:
Very good and thank you. I will try with something between 2 and 6 and see if there is a difference. EDIT: YES, it works just as you describe.

Thank you very much for all the replies and of course your excellent YouTube videos. And GREAT music! You are blessed with quite a talent.
Glad it works Thanks!
Old 05-29-2023, 12:20 AM   #3547
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjyO View Post
Benjamin, do you still accept error/bug reports via e-mail or should we open new issues on github? Whenever ReaLearn spits out an error message, the message instructs us to send a report etc. to your e-mail. I'm just wondering what the most effective and surefire way of reporting is for you or does it not matter because you check both?
Both is okay, thanks.
Old 05-30-2023, 01:18 PM   #3548
dna598

any chance i could get an example on how to use the compartments/tag/active settings?

I am using one big preset, with groups of mappings for each plug in. I'm not using Auto-Load. Just using the groups and setups (banks) on the EC4 to load and control.

Eg. How would I set it up change the function of a encoder by pushing it? and pushing again to return to the previous functionality.

I have read the manual, but I would love a specific example of how it's done.

Thank you

Edit: ah don't worry I'll RTFM again.

edit again: This worked: one button (modifier) mapped to 2 compartment parameters targets: main p1, Param1, and main p2, param2 P2 (reversed). 2 target mappings (eg gain1, gain2) set to "when modifiers on/off", one of them set to Modifier A (1, param 1).
They now swap activation on/off when the modifier is pressed.

Last edited by dna598; 05-31-2023 at 07:42 AM.
Old 06-01-2023, 12:58 AM   #3549
helgoboss

Released ReaLearn 2.15.0 (ReaPack installation instructions)

Changes:
- Temporarily disabled Linux ARM builds
- #842 Added Pot Browser (a modern preset browser with support for preset crawling and preview recording, Windows & macOS only for now)
- #743 Added many new features and improvements to ReaLearn's experimental Pot targets (e.g. support for CLAP/VST3/JS, filter exclusion, skipping of empty filters, factory/user preset filter, product kind filter, favorite filter, support for REAPER's own preset formats ... and much more)
- #840 Added new option "Consider target invocations" to targets "ReaLearn: Modify mapping" and "Global: Last touched", e.g. in order to make it possible to ignore target invocations that were caused by ReaLearn itself
- #493 Added possibility to restrict the list of included target types when using target "Global: Last touched"
- #744 Added new target "ReaLearn: Modify mapping", currently supporting the following modifications: "Learn target", "Set target to last touched", supports picking included target types and modifying mapping of other ReaLearn instance
- #744 Added possibility to pick target from last-touched ones (one last-touched per type)
- #811 Added group interaction kind "Inverse target value (off only)"
- #708 Added basic Behringer x32 instructions to the list of tested controllers
- #716 Lua MIDI script: Improved error reporting
- #829 Improved compatibility with older Linux libc/libxdo versions by building release in Ubuntu 20.04 instead of 22.04
- #840 Improved global target capturing (via ReaLearn REAPER actions) by also adding support for learning transport controls and REAPER action invocations
- #840 Improved UI-triggered target learning (doesn't pick up target touches anymore that are caused by another ReaLearn instance)
- #765 Improved transformation editor to apply changes immediately when typing (no need to close window)
- #744 Improved performance of target "Global: Last touched"
- #744 Improved target "Global: Last touched" to pick up transport actions and some other actions as well (if included in the list of target types)
- #810 Fixed disappearing target value sequence values when the target is "FX parameter: Set value" and the FX is a JS FX
- #716 Lua MIDI script: Fixed "context.feedback_value.color" not containing nil if no color set
- #856 Fixed usability issue with "FX parameter: Set value" and instance FX "Focused" by making it possible to choose FX parameter although instance FX not focused anymore
- #847 Fixed full channel and subsequent PoisonError when ReaLearn needs to process many parameter changes at once (e.g. by parameter modulation)
- #841 Fixed issues with new REAPER v6.78+ dev builds (was totally broken)
- #835 Fixed glue section user interface inconsistency
- #838 Fixed possible errors with send targets when removing a hardware output send from a track
- #743 Removed Pot target's capability to save last selected preset and filters (temporary removal)
Old 06-01-2023, 02:27 AM   #3550
dna598

Hi

Is it possible to disable/enable mapping groups that share the same controller compartment mappings?

I have 2 "patches" on my hardware assigned to two different plug ins. These 2 patches share the same midi settings on the controller (midi channel, controller numbers). I want to disable one of them when the 2 plug ins share the same track, so as not to alter both.

I assigned a button to disable mappings on one of them using a tag, and it turns off both of them. Presumably because they share the same hardware assignments (only works from direct control).
Old 06-01-2023, 08:23 AM   #3551
indigomirage

Quote:

You rock. Seriously. Thank you.
indigomirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 11:36 PM   #3552
helgoboss

Quote:
Hi

Is it possible to disable/enable mapping groups that share the same controller compartment mappings?

I have 2 "patches" on my hardware assigned to two different plug ins. These 2 patches share the same midi settings on the controller (midi channel, controller numbers). I want to disable one of them when the 2 plug ins share the same track, so as not to alter both.

I assigned a button to disable mappings on one of them using a tag, and it turns off both of them. Presumably because they share the same hardware assignments (only works from direct control).
So you use target "ReaLearn: Enable/disable mappings"? Are you sure you have assigned the tags correctly?

The way I would go about having one keyboard control 2 different plug-ins on the same track (only one at a time):

1. For each plug-in, create one main preset
2. Link each plug-in to the corresponding main preset
3. Assign one or two buttons on your controller to set the instance FX either to plug-in A or to plug-in B (using target "FX" with "Act" set to ")
4. Then activate "Auto-load: Depending on instance FX" in ReaLearn

So whenever your instance FX changes (by the press of the button), ReaLearn will load the corresponding preset. There are variations of this where instance FX is e.g. set to <Focused>, so you could also take care of focusing a certain plug-in and ReaLearn will load the correct preset.

If you don't want to create presets for some reason and not use auto-load, you can also use conditional activation.
Old 06-05-2023, 11:50 PM   #3553
helgoboss

Released ReaLearn 2.16.0-pre.1 (ReaPack installation instructions)

Changes:
- #757 Added possibility to write feedback scripts in the glue section: Now you can build arbitrary feedback messages using Lua code (custom text formatting is just one of the many possibilities).
- #716 Added Novation SL MkIII Pot Browser Control preset (available here)
- #716 Added text placeholders "target.available", "global.realearn_time", "target.discrete_value" and "target.discrete_value_count"
- #743 Added text placeholders "target.fx_parameter.macro.new_section.name" and "target.fx_parameter.macro.section.index" to target "FX parameter: Set value"
- #743 Added many text placeholders to targets "Pot: Browse presets" and "Pot: Load preset" for obtaining preset metadata such as author and comment
- #861 Pot Browser: Improved usability by stopping preview as soon as loading the preset
- #743 Improved target "Pot: Preview preset" by using the same sound player as the Pot Browser (inherits its functionality such as customizable volume and stopping playback when preset loaded)
- #864 Improved feedback due to conditional activation/deactivation by emitting it in deterministic order (in mapping order)
- #716 Improved feedback possibilities by processing text feedback expressions and scripts even if target doesn't support normal (numerical) feedback
- #716 Improved availability check for almost all Pot targets (good for advanced visual feedback of what Pot features are available in a certain situation, see new text placeholder "target.available")
- #862 Fixed source "MIDI script" feedback address not being respected (important e.g. for switching feedback off correctly)
- #863 Fixed ambiguous "kind" properties in ReaLearn Script (Lua import/export)
- #716 Fixed "context.feedback_value.color" not containing nil when no color set in source "MIDI script"
- #860 Fixed possible freeze when using "Open in text editor on macOS" by completely disabling this function on macOS
- #857 Fixed possible error when using "Selected" track selector and removing that selected track

Feedback scripts <=== Now the feedback that you can send to controllers is completely programmable.
Old 06-06-2023, 02:50 PM   #3554
dna598

Quote:
So you use target "ReaLearn: Enable/disable mappings"? Are you sure you have assigned the tags correctly?

The way I would go about having one keyboard control 2 different plug-ins on the same track (only one at a time):

1. For each plug-in, create one main preset
2. Link each plug-in to the corresponding main preset
3. Assign one or two buttons on your controller to set the instance FX either to plug-in A or to plug-in B (using target "FX" with "Act" set to ")
4. Then activate "Auto-load: Depending on instance FX" in ReaLearn

So whenever your instance FX changes (by the press of the button), ReaLearn will load the corresponding preset. There are variations of this where instance FX is e.g. set to <Focused>, so you could also take care of focusing a certain plug-in and ReaLearn will load the correct preset.

If you don't want to create presets for some reason and not use auto-load, you can also use conditional activation.

Thanks!
Old 06-07-2023, 12:19 AM   #3555
beingmf

Quote:
- #841 Fixed issues with new REAPER v6.78+ dev builds (was totally broken)
I hope that fixes my various issues, THANKS!!!
Old 06-07-2023, 11:04 AM   #3556
aspiringSynthesisingAlch

Default learning realearn - conditional action list logic

https://github.com/search?q=repo%3Ah...list&type=code

I tried to find the answer to my question on github, but am not sure...

I'm curious as to how the conditional 'show in action list' logic is achieved, and if that's possible using scripts, and if there's limitations on what can be shown or hidden.

Assuming at all possible outside an extension, imagine it's only possible to affect newly created actions, and not manage the visibility of other actions.

Whilst here - side question on reapers action list: is there a way to filter on category eg Effects?
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 04:25 PM   #3557
dna598

Quote:
in A or to plug-in B (using target "FX" with "Act" set to ")
I am not understanding this.
let me get this straight:

Target settings:

"Type: FX

Act/tags: Set (as instance) "

No luck here.

I just want to select the track and choose between 2 plugins with one button. So far I have linked one of them to it's own main preset,assigned the button to the above target, turned on auto load, and it's not loading.

What am I doing wrong?

There's some coder aptitude that i'm missing here, it's staring me in the face isn't it.
Old 06-07-2023, 09:23 PM   #3558
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiringSynthesisingAlch View Post
https://github.com/search?q=repo%3Ah...list&type=code

I tried to find the answer to my question on github, but am not sure...

I'm curious as to how the conditional 'show in action list' logic is achieved, and if that's possible using scripts, and if there's limitations on what can be shown or hidden.

Assuming at all possible outside an extension, imagine it's only possible to affect newly created actions, and not manage the visibility of other actions.

Whilst here - side question on reapers action list: is there a way to filter on category eg Effects?
What do you mean by "Conditional show in action lost"? Is this about the usage of ReaLearn or how ReaLearn was made?
Old 06-07-2023, 09:24 PM   #3559
helgoboss

Quote:
I am not understanding this.
let me get this straight:

Target settings:

"Type: FX

Act/tags: Set (as instance) "

No luck here.

I just want to select the track and choose between 2 plugins with one button. So far I have linked one of them to it's own main preset,assigned the button to the above target, turned on auto load, and it's not loading.

What am I doing wrong?

There's some coder aptitude that i'm missing here, it's staring me in the face isn't it.
You didn't post the complete target. I need a screen shot or Lua export of the mapping to help you
Old 06-08-2023, 01:18 AM   #3560
dna598

Quote:
You didn't post the complete target. I need a screen shot or Lua export of the mapping to help you
Hi see attached.

One thing, It is not possible to link when realearn is on the monitor track? (linking is greyed out, had to move to track to link preset to fx)

Thank you Boss
Attached Images
File Type: png instance fx.png (38.7 KB, 33 views)