Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 04-10-2019, 12:58 PM   #1
Markdude
Human being with feelings

Default Questions about using X-Touch Compact with Reaper

I’ve done some research but I’m still a little stumped and was hoping someone with experience with Behringer’s X-Touch Compact could let me know if the following things are possible.

I'm interested in configuring it as follows:

Is it possible to configure this setup so that each knob has multiple ‘banks’ of selectable parameters, as above?

Can I make the 8 knobs on the right side (the ones not in line with any channel faders) automatically correspond to the channel currently selected in Reaper? I would like for this section to be a deep-edit channel strip for the currently selected channel.

Can I make the knobs and buttons for each channel (the ones physically in line with the faders) “follow” the group of channels the X-Touch is controlling? For instance, if I move from channels 1-8 to channels 9-16, can I make those knobs and buttons all instantly map to channels 9-16 too without any additional inputs needed?

Can I map knobs to aggregate parameters? For instance, I use Reaper’s “Parameter Modulation - Link to Parameter” feature to create virtual channel strips in the mixer in which multiple parameters are controlled by one (virtual) knob. Can I map a physical knob on the X-Touch so that it controls multiple parameters at once like this?
Markdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 03:27 PM   #2
mschnell

I suppose all of this - or at least most of this, and a lot more - is possible with the "CSI" Reaper extension. See the appropriate thread in this forum.

Beware that the "Compact" feature two modes "Native" and "MPE", that provide very different functionality for the knobs (this was discussed some months ago in the said thread).

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 04-11-2019 at 01:27 PM.
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:45 AM   #3
Markdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
I suppose all of this - or at least most of this, and a lot more - is possible with the "CSI" Reaper extension. See the appropriate thread in this forum.

Beware that the "Compact" feature two modes "Native" and "MPE", that provide very different functionality for the knobs (this was discussed some moths ago in the said thread).

-Michael
Thank you so much! I'll have a look through that thread.
Markdude is offline   Reply With Quote