Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 02-16-2020, 06:45 PM   #6641
Funkybot
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
@Funkybot

I can't vouch for the SelectedTrackNavigator, but I got rid of the separate Pan Zone and changed PanWidth to:
Code:
Zone "PanWidth|1-8"
    TrackNavigator
    Rotary|                     TrackPanWidth 1
    DisplayLower|               TrackPanWidthDisplay
    TrackTouch+DisplayLower|    TrackVolumeDisplay
    RotaryPush|                 GoZone Home
ZoneEnd
Thanks for getting back. I've had it working fine in 8 fader mode, which is basically what this does. It's trying to get Rotary1 to switch from Pan to PanWidth in SelectedTrackNavigator that's just not happening no matter how I try it.

I find the 8-fader mode works great, and I've got a nice .zon setup for that I'm happy with. But when you're building a project up, and only have 1 or 2 tracks, it may make more sense to use SelectedTrackNavigator because you don't want to have to bank on the surface to Fader1 to get anything to show up on a project with only 1 track. Hence, why I'm even trying to get a SelectedTrackNavigator layout working.

So between the PanWidth thing, and the [potential] bug I just reported about the top track in the project not working, I'm just going to stay away from SelectedTrackNavigator for now.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 07:01 PM   #6642
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Thanks for getting back. I've had it working fine in 8 fader mode, which is basically what this does. It's trying to get Rotary1 to switch from Pan to PanWidth in SelectedTrackNavigator that's just not happening no matter how I try it.

I find the 8-fader mode works great, and I've got a nice .zon setup for that I'm happy with. But when you're building a project up, and only have 1 or 2 tracks, it may make more sense to use SelectedTrackNavigator because you don't want to have to bank on the surface to Fader1 to get anything to show up on a project with only 1 track. Hence, why I'm even trying to get a SelectedTrackNavigator layout working.

So between the PanWidth thing, and the [potential] bug I just reported about the top track in the project not working, I'm just going to stay away from SelectedTrackNavigator for now.
I think the 8 fader mode might be the best bet. I was thinking about it earlier and it occurred to me that if you went with the 8 fader setup, you would gain access to the FXMenu and Sends as they would appear on a regular MCU.

I've found the FXMenu method to be more reliable/predicatable than the FocusedFX method and the Sends mode just lays Sends 1-8 across the faders. The FXSlot/Send you want could be accessed by using the channel L/R keys in the same way as you would access different tracks.

As the X-Touch One has a display you should be able to discern which mode you're in at any given moment, because you should see either a track name, FX name or Send name.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 07:02 PM   #6643
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
ha. allthough im still having the toggle problem. nothing is toggling and it was before. did something change in a build the way toggle is supposed to be mapped ?
Toggle is not working as expected here. Things that are off will toggle on, but never toggle back off. Things that are already toggled on, never toggle off. Basically, nothing ever toggles to an off state.

Code:
Toggle+ChannelLeft FXParam "8" "crushX2"
Toggle+ChannelRight FXParam "6" "boost"
Toggle+ChannelMute FXParam "9" "morph"
ToggleChannelSolo FXParam "11" "dna"
Old 02-16-2020, 07:04 PM   #6644
MixMonkey

Quote:
oh man thank you mixmonkey !! and funkybot too !! i switched to the VST2 and its working now. Man i take this stuff way too hard haha. i was literally bout to throw this surface out the window haha. allthough im still having the toggle problem. nothing is toggling and it was before. did something change in a build the way toggle is supposed to be mapped ? right now i use...ie... Toggle+Shift+RotaryPush1. it toggled before so i know this used to be right. thanks for all the help !!
No worries It can get frustrating at times (I went through it yesterday with a missing space before a |)

I'll check out the Toggle thing tomorrow and see what's what.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:05 PM   #6645
MixMonkey

Quote:
Toggle is not working as expected here. Things that are off will toggle on, but never toggle back off. Things that are already toggled on, never toggle off. Basically, nothing ever toggles to an off state.

Code:
Toggle+ChannelLeft FXParam "8" "crushX2"
Toggle+ChannelRight FXParam "6" "boost"
Toggle+ChannelMute FXParam "9" "morph"
ToggleChannelSolo FXParam "11" "dna"
Is that Iron?
Old 02-16-2020, 07:10 PM   #6646
Funkybot

Quote:
I think the 8 fader mode might be the best bet. I was thinking about it earlier and it occurred to me that if you went with the 8 fader setup, you would gain access to the FXMenu and Sends as they would appear on a regular MCU.

I've found the FXMenu method to be more reliable/predicatable than the FocusedFX method and the Sends mode just lays Sends 1-8 across the faders. The FXSlot/Send you want could be accessed by using the channel L/R keys in the same way as you would access different tracks.

As the X-Touch One has a display you should be able to discern which mode you're in at any given moment, because you should see either a track name, FX name or Send name.
I actually tried to play around with the FXMenu, and it was a no go. Here's my understanding of how it works:

1. I have 4 inserts on the selected track
2. I map a button to open the FX Menu
3. Those 4 FX names appear in displays 1-4
4. I RotaryPush the corresponding FX Name to open the plugin...

...is that right? If yes, that doesn't work on single fader surfaces. Why? There isn't 8 displays to show 8 FX slots on. There's only 1 display. And more often than not, the unit will not [internally] be set to MCU channel1 anyway, so if I'm on Fader/Channel7 on the X-Touch One, and I hit the FX Menu button, all I'll see is FX Slot7, which is probably blank.

For FXMenu to work on a one fader surface it would need to work like this:

1. Let's say I have 6 inserts on the selected track
2. I press the FX Menu button
3. The display shows the FX Name for slot 1 on the current track
4. I use the Rotary encoder or Fader to navigate from slot to slot
5. When I find the one I want, I use RotaryPush or some other button to open the plugin

Is that possible? All with one fader/rotary/display (which may not be for MCU Channel1)?
Old 02-16-2020, 07:12 PM   #6647
Funkybot

Quote:
Is that Iron?
It is indeed. Good eye!

Also, I totally second your advice to cragster to stay away from VST3. I only install VST3 plugins for use in Cubase. Everywhere else, they're not worth the trouble. That format has been around for a decade and still just isn't as mature/stable as VST2. Steiny really dropped the ball on the development of that one IMO.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:18 PM   #6648
MixMonkey

Quote:
...is that right? If yes, that doesn't work on single fader surfaces. Why? There isn't 8 displays to show 8 FX slots on. There's only 1 display. And more often than not, the unit will not [internally] be set to MCU channel1 anyway, so if I'm on Fader/Channel7 on the X-Touch One, and I hit the FX Menu button, all I'll see is FX Slot7, which is probably blank.
Ah, I see. Pity.

Toggle is broken here too.

EDIT: Only in the context of FX though, other Toggles work fine.

Last edited by MixMonkey; 02-16-2020 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:26 PM   #6649
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

Please check and see if SelectedTrackNavigator is fixed.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 07:31 PM   #6650
Funkybot

Quote:
Ah, I see. Pity.
I appreciate it all the same. I had the same thought and did actually try it out this morning. I only figured out why it wasn't working after a few futile attempts. I had a little more luck with sends, but still very cumbersome. I think they could eventually be made to work better with single fader surfaces within CSI, but would probably require a fairly extensive rewrite, and really, is it worth it? I'm not so sure. Would throw it in the "nice to have" category.

For now, I've got a nice little combo setup where I've got the X-Touch controlling channel settings with MFTwister right next to it controlling sends and focused FX. It's a nice setup. I've also got an Artist Mix which comes on during mix time.

Last edited by Funkybot; 02-16-2020 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:42 PM   #6651
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
New build is up.

Please check and see if SelectedTrackNavigator is fixed.
Hi Geoff, I just gave it a quick smoke test and the last channel now works with Selected Track Navigator again. Super quick turnaround! Thanks!

Any thoughts on getting Rotary1 to work for Pan and Pan Width with RotaryPush switching modes within the confines of the selected track? I just can't for the life of me figure it out. Not sure if there's a bug somewhere in the code, it's not in scope, or (most likely) just me not configuring something correctly.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:07 PM   #6652
concaocao

Quote:
concaocao, nothing sticks out as incorrect but pan is working here and the relevant parts of our .zon files look the same. Are you sure it's not the super-fine encoder resolution of the pan knob that you're running into? On my surface, I need to really twist and twist and twist to get pan to move using the standard encoder widgets. I get MUCH better resolution currently when I use the EncoderPlain widget for the pans. I'm not saying this will solve your issue, but it may be worth a shot.

Try replacing the "Encoder" portion of the widgets in the .mst with "EncoderPlain" (keep the FB_Encoder the same). Like this:

Code:
Widget Rotary1
	EncoderPlain b0 10 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 10 7f
WidgetEnd
Does that fix it?
Thanks Funkybot, didn't know there is such "EncoderPlain" Message Generator but I'll try it tonight.

BTW, is there a reference list of all supported Message Generators? I looked in https://github.com/malcolmgroves/rea...age-Generators but only see Press, Encoder, Fader7Bit, Fader14Bit.
concaocao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:12 PM   #6653
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by concaocao View Post
Thanks Funkybot, didn't know there is such "EncoderPlain" Message Generator but I'll try it tonight.

BTW, is there a reference list of all supported Message Generators? I looked in https://github.com/malcolmgroves/rea...age-Generators but only see Press, Encoder, Fader7Bit, Fader14Bit.
EncoderPlain was only recently added (more recent than the wiki).
Old 02-16-2020, 08:14 PM   #6654
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Hi Geoff, I just gave it a quick smoke test and the last channel now works with Selected Track Navigator again. Super quick turnaround! Thanks!

Any thoughts on getting Rotary1 to work for Pan and Pan Width with RotaryPush switching modes within the confines of the selected track? I just can't for the life of me figure it out. Not sure if there's a bug somewhere in the code, it's not in scope, or (most likely) just me not configuring something correctly.
I'm curious Funkybot:

First off... I had my hello world moment with CSI thanks to you! We'll get back to me at a later date though because boy do I have questions...

But back to you, I noticed in your MF Twister set up, you don't really take advantage of the "shift encoder hold" function which sends a different CC (actually the same one, just on midi channel 5 as opposed to the default channel 1) when you push AND turn a knob. This seems to maybe be a good case for using that feature. To each their own though, of course! Rotary1 doing regular pan then Rotaryshift1 (??? or whatever you would call it) to do the pan width.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:48 PM   #6655
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

Please check and see if Toggle is any better now.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:21 PM   #6656
cjewellstudios

Quote:
New build is up.

What are we supposed to replace when doing a new build?

CSI queries incoming:

1st problem:

I have two midi fighter twisters. I want them to act as one 8 by 4 surface.

What I've tried so far is used two surface files. The second one just being a copy of the first with altered widget definitions. I then used the same zone file for each. I changed the channels and banks to deal with 16 channels as opposed to 8 within the zone file. (that particular part seems to work because the third row on the first twister starts with fader 9 which is how I wanted it)

So far I haven't managed to get midi out to the 2nd twister. Midi in works on except it is not controlling anything. Midi in/out/control/feedback all work as expected on twister 1 though.

I'm sure there's something I'm missing.

They are sending the exact same cc's but Geoff you were saying that doesn't matter because they are obviously on different usb ports.

Problem #2

I have a faderport. When I move any knob that controls volume from csi the faderport latches on to that parameter. Which I thought was super cool until I tried to adjust two volumes at the same time and the faderport fader, as I'm sure you can imagine, jumps rapidly between the two values I'm controlling.

Let's start there

For problem #1, do I have the right idea there?

I could potentially just change all the values for 2nd twister and pipe them all in to one mst file, right? I assume I'm not going to have to do that but I was wondering if I was correct as far as that being an option.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:28 PM   #6657
Cragster

Quote:
New build is up.

i have toggle again !! thanks Geoff
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:33 PM   #6658
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post

CSI queries incoming:

1st problem:

What I've tried so far is used two surface files. The second one just being a copy of the first with altered widget definitions. I then used the same zone file for each. I changed the channels and banks to deal with 16 channels as opposed to 8 within the zone file. (that particular part seems to work because the third row on the first twister starts with fader 9 which is how I wanted it)

So far I haven't managed to get midi out to the 2nd twister. Midi in works on except it is not controlling anything. Midi in/out/control/feedback all work as expected on twister 1 though.

They are sending the exact same cc's but Geoff you were saying that doesn't matter because they are obviously on different usb ports.

Problem #2

I have a faderport. When I move any knob that controls volume from csi the faderport latches on to that parameter. Which I thought was super cool until I tried to adjust two volumes at the same time and the faderport fader, as I'm sure you can imagine, jumps rapidly between the two values I'm controlling.

Let's start there

For problem #1, do I have the right idea there?

I could potentially just change all the values for 2nd twister and pipe them all in to one mst file, right? I assume I'm not going to have to do that but I was wondering if I was correct as far as that being an option.
i most times just replace the .dll file .in program files/reaper(x64)/plugins. you can replace the whole CSI folder but be sure to back up your zone / mst / csi.ini files before hand and put them back in overwriting the ones that came with the new build
Old 02-16-2020, 09:46 PM   #6659
Cragster

Quote:

CSI queries incoming:

1st problem:

They are sending the exact same cc's but Geoff you were saying that doesn't matter because they are obviously on different usb po
im just guessing here but do you have "sync zones across surfaces" box checked on the Options/CSI setup page ? i think thats what that is for. just something to try if its not checked
Old 02-16-2020, 10:15 PM   #6660
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios
I changed the channels and banks to deal with 16 channels as opposed to 8 within the zone file. (that particular part seems to work because the third row on the first twister starts with fader 9 which is how I wanted it)
For the sake of testing, try setting the zone files for each back to 1-8 for both. I think if you do that, CSI will just look at them as two 8 channel surfaces that it will put side-by-side. CSI doesn't repeat channels across .zon's, instead, it just kind of adds up your surfaces. If you have 3 8 channel surfaces with the same "|1-8" .zon file, I believe CSI will treat that like one 24 channel surface.

You'd only enter "|1-16" in a .zon if you had a single 16 fader surface.

Anyway, I *think* that's right, so give it a shot. Note: those "|1-8" surfaces should all exist on the same "page" within CSI. If you put them on separate pages, for example, only one would be active at a time.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:47 PM   #6661
Funkybot

Quote:
i have toggle again !! thanks Geoff
Same here. Just gave it a quick test and toggles are working. Thanks Geoff!
Old 02-17-2020, 12:59 AM   #6662
WaveTrans

Since CSI improved my workflow so much, I´m thinking about getting another controller

The idea is, setting up an 8 channel controller extender like the Icon Platform X+ to expand my Icon Nano. AfaIk, this should be no problem with CSI.

However, my idea is to (also) control Sends faders with the X+ extender.

So each of the 8 channels controls one Send channel (if available).

Not shure, however, if what I have in mind can actually work, so please, feedback would be appreciated.
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:06 AM   #6663
concaocao

Quote:
EncoderPlain was only recently added (more recent than the wiki).
Thanks so much Funkybot, yes EncoderPlain works perfectly.
\
Where can I find a list of Message Generators please?
concaocao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:40 AM   #6664
cjewellstudios

Quote:
For the sake of testing, try setting the zone files for each back to 1-8 for both. I think if you do that, CSI will just look at them as two 8 channel surfaces that it will put side-by-side. CSI doesn't repeat channels across .zon's, instead, it just kind of adds up your surfaces. If you have 3 8 channel surfaces with the same "|1-8" .zon file, I believe CSI will treat that like one 24 channel surface.

You'd only enter "|1-16" in a .zon if you had a single 16 fader surface.

Anyway, I *think* that's right, so give it a shot. Note: those "|1-8" surfaces should all exist on the same "page" within CSI. If you put them on separate pages, for example, only one would be active at a time.

Thanks dude! Will try this later.

Have a question about your advice though. it sounded like I should have a zone file for each surface. I just used the same exact one so maybe thats a problem too?

Also to Cragster, thank you for your suggestion! Yes i had that box checked for both.
Old 02-17-2020, 04:02 AM   #6665
sivert_h

Is it possible to use GoZone in FX zon files? I have a synth plugin with several fader like parameters, but my surface has only 8 faders. Can I somehow push a button and then "bank" parameters to the 8 faders?
sivert_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 04:55 AM   #6666
cjewellstudios

I do have a 3rd problem

I'm pretty sure I developed a need to be able to send midi to my mf twisters to bank them.

I find those buttons on the side of the device cumbersome as it is. Then arranging them side by side making half the buttons even more useless to me. I really need to be able to bank them with midi.

edit: I mean that the device has 4 banks worth of knobs, not talking about banking tracks here

I had a solution to that. Midi-ox, worked great. I was able to send midi from one device to both twisters...

The problem is, midi-ox swallows all the feedback from csi so I had to close out of midi-ox to get feedback.

Maybe, just maybe there's a setting in midi-ox that will pass all the midi correctly but the Twister isn't the only device that is bankable via midi, maybe that's something of a feature request for csi?

Question:

Is the functionality in place where I select a track with the mouse and that's the first track my surface sees?

apologies for the avalanche of questions/issues and a sincere thank you for all the help Ive received thus far.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:11 AM   #6667
Geoff Waddington

Quote:

You're working way too hard

Just use the same .mst and .zon files for both.

>>>>>>>>>>.

This rant is for everyone, not directed at the OP, and will not cease until all mention of cc's, pitch bends, velocities, etc. disappear

Forget cc's, they have nothing to do with Mackie protocol -- I know it's hard to switch years of Midi thinking, but those messages are not notes and velocities, pitch bends, or anything remotely related

They are just control messages, here's an example of MCU speak:

Code:
e0 00 00 

e4 7f 7f

e8 40 40

With my Midi hat on, I'd say those messages go to 3 different midi channels 0, 4, and 8.

In fact, in MCU the above means:

Set fader 1 to min.

Set Fader 5 to max.

Set Master Fader to mid value (that may not be Reaper mid value).

Absolutely nothing to do with cc's etc.

The reason this is important is injecting the musical concept (which is normally the right thing to do) clouds troubleshooting efforts because it forces an extra layer of translation, from music to control message.

So, let's just treat them for what they are -- control values.

Thanks folks, it really helps the support side
Old 02-17-2020, 05:14 AM   #6668
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
Since CSI improved my workflow so much, I´m thinking about getting another controller

The idea is, setting up an 8 channel controller extender like the Icon Platform X+ to expand my Icon Nano. AfaIk, this should be no problem with CSI.

However, my idea is to (also) control Sends faders with the X+ extender.

So each of the 8 channels controls one Send channel (if available).

Not shure, however, if what I have in mind can actually work, so please, feedback would be appreciated.
Sure, that's easy.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:16 AM   #6669
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by concaocao View Post
Thanks so much Funkybot, yes EncoderPlain works perfectly.
\
Where can I find a list of Message Generators please?
It's in the docs that come with the build
Old 02-17-2020, 05:20 AM   #6670
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivert_h View Post
Is it possible to use GoZone in FX zon files? I have a synth plugin with several fader like parameters, but my surface has only 8 faders. Can I somehow push a button and then "bank" parameters to the 8 faders?
Sure, just make sure you use ParentNavigator in the sub Zones, so that they link to the original FX Zone.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:28 AM   #6671
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I do have a 3rd problem

I'm pretty sure I developed a need to be able to send midi to my mf twisters to bank them.

I find those buttons on the side of the device cumbersome as it is. Then arranging them side by side making half the buttons even more useless to me. I really need to be able to bank them with midi.

edit: I mean that the device has 4 banks worth of knobs, not talking about banking tracks here
CSI works best when surfaces are "dumb", just settle on one setup for you devices, use that one .mst for everything and let the Zones do the work.

You can certainly get more flexibility using the different device modes -- the question is -- do you get more usability, given all the complexity you introduce

In other words start simple with just one device mode, preferably the one (if available) that just sends out Midi and DOES NOTHING internally, then, after you have exhausted what CSI Zones can do, you can began to add the device internal features
Old 02-17-2020, 07:30 AM   #6672
MixMonkey

Quote:
i most times just replace the .dll file .in program files/reaper(x64)/plugins. you can replace the whole CSI folder but be sure to back up your zone / mst / csi.ini files before hand and put them back in overwriting the ones that came with the new build
When upgrading to a new build, only replace the .dll/.dylib file.

If you replace the CSI folder you will lose all your customisations.

If an update contains breaking changes, Geoff will alert everyone to that fact and let us know what needs to be altered to maintain compatibility.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:37 AM   #6673
MixMonkey

Quote:
But back to you, I noticed in your MF Twister set up, you don't really take advantage of the "shift encoder hold" function which sends a different CC (actually the same one, just on midi channel 5 as opposed to the default channel 1) when you push AND turn a knob. This seems to maybe be a good case for using that feature. To each their own though, of course! Rotary1 doing regular pan then Rotaryshift1 (??? or whatever you would call it) to do the pan width.
Just add the extra definitions to the .mst and start using them
Old 02-17-2020, 07:54 AM   #6674
cjewellstudios

Quote:
CSI works best when surfaces are "dumb", just settle on one setup for you devices, use that one .mst for everything and let the Zones do the work.

You can certainly get more flexibility using the different device modes -- the question is -- do you get more usability, given all the complexity you introduce

In other words start simple with just one device mode, preferably the one (if available) that just sends out Midi and DOES NOTHING internally, then, after you have exhausted what CSI Zones can do, you can began to add the device internal features
On the terminology used:

Its taken me years to kinda wrap my head around midi and I still just barely get it. So if im speaking incorrectly its sheer ignorance on my part.

There's a disconnect here though and I'd love to understand it like you do. So maybe some explanation is in order.

My confusion =

-the utility app i use to customize the twister says that it is outputting cc's

- when i map a control using this device, Reaper interprets it as cc blah

-Even in the reacontrolmidi midi monitor, Im pretty sure it reads it as cc's. Up until the midi monitor in both csi and midi-ox, I don't recall seeing these 6 digit values (hexadecimal?)

So anyways, I'm not saying you are wrong at all, just trying to understand.

About your advice:

My device doesn't have "modes" to change.

All it does is send out midi control values (right? ) it doesnt have a mackie emu mode and im not trying to switch to. What it has are banks, so instead of having 16 knobs I can have 64. I suppose that is still changing functions internally

But what you are saying is to use just one bank of knobs and utilize zones to change those one bank of knobs' function? I'll try to look at it that way and see how I get on.

About setting up 2 of these devices:

I will try what you said for sure and report back Thank you@
Old 02-17-2020, 07:59 AM   #6675
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Just add the extra definitions to the .mst and start using them
I plan on it!

This wasnt a question from me, more of a suggestion to Funkybot.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:06 AM   #6676
MixMonkey

Quote:
On the terminology used:

Its taken me years to kinda wrap my head around midi and I still just barely get it. So if im speaking incorrectly its sheer ignorance on my part.

There's a disconnect here though and I'd love to understand it like you do. So maybe some explanation is in order.

My confusion =

-the utility app i use to customize the twister says that it is outputting cc's

- when i map a control using this device, Reaper interprets it as cc blah

-Even in the reacontrolmidi midi monitor, Im pretty sure it reads it as cc's. Up until the midi monitor in both csi and midi-ox, I don't recall seeing these 6 digit values (hexadecimal?)

So anyways, I'm not saying you are wrong at all, just trying to understand.
That's all it is though, terminology. The Mackie Control Protocol hijacks the MIDI protocol and repurposes it.

Geoff's just saying it's better not to think of it in terms of cc, pitchbend and note commands and just think of it as unique codes that control different aspects of CSI.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:07 AM   #6677
WaveTrans

Quote:
Sure, that's easy.
Excellent, cheers.

I guess it´s gotta be something like seting up the extender
using the MCUXT.zon and linking surfaces.

The Nano runs with channel 1-1; consequently, the Xtender channels should be
adressed 2-17? is that right in principle? Sounds a bit strange now since everything seems to adress in banks of 8.
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 08:10 AM   #6678
cjewellstudios

Quote:
That's all it is though, terminology. The Mackie Control Protocol hijacks the MIDI protocol and repurposes it.

Geoff's just saying it's better not to think of it in terms of cc, pitchbend and note commands and just think of it as unique codes that control different aspects of CSI.

Ah!

Thanks for clarifying MixMonkey!
Old 02-17-2020, 08:30 AM   #6679
Funkybot

Quote:
I plan on it!

This wasnt a question from me, more of a suggestion to Funkybot.
I did map ShiftRotaries for the first page, so there are 16 on bank1, I just gave up after that. Honestly, I probably got bored and figured 16x4 + 16 Shift was enough.

I know I can use them for PanWidth, but frankly, the "Mixing" features I built for the MFTwister were kind of a nice to have. I primarily use my Artist Mix for real-deal mixing duties with MFTwister there mostly to control plugins. I was using it for transport and channel controls too, but the X-Touch One is taking over those duties.

But that's what's great about CSI, it's so customizable. If you want to add ShiftRotaries to the remaining 3 pages, it's relatively easy to do. If you do, please share the .mst!
Old 02-17-2020, 09:04 AM   #6680
MixMonkey

Quote:
This is one of those rare times where you DO want to tag the Action, contrary to my answer to you earlier, not positive this will work, but it should:

Code:
Zone "FXMenu|1-8"
		SelectedTrackNavigator
		DisplayUpperD| 			FXNameDisplay |
		DisplayLowerD| 			NoAction
		RotaryD| 			NoAction	
		RotaryPushD| 			GoFXSlot |
                RotaryPushD|                    Reaper "_S&M_FLOATFX|"
ZoneEnd
Geoff, just tried this and it works a treat! Now when I select an FX slot from the FX menu, the corresponding FX window opens! SWEET! Thanks a million!

ps Toggle+ is working again in FX context, thanks