Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 12-07-2015, 06:28 AM   #1
truthsurge
Human being with feelings

Default Send Volume automation is not working :(

I have a track of audio. I have two tracks of reverb (one small room, one huge auditorium). I have 2 envelopes on the track so I can bring in each reverb when I want and how much I want. The envelopes are not moving the send faders of the reverb inside the I/O window and further, moving an envelope upward from 0 send to ANYTHING small causes a massive jump in volume send. It's as if whatever send quantity is IS sending is being multiplied by 100. IOW, before the envelope is even 1/50th of the way up the lane, the volume of the reverb is way, way, way too loud.

The only thing working at the moment is to set the send volume statically using the I/O window but that isn't letting me automate the sends.

Also, when I have the I/O window open, it goes away if I click the envelope to move a node or the whole thing so I cannot see the volume fader in the I/O window moving nor DOES it move behind the scenes. I move the envelope, reopen I/O window... nothing.

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit and Reaper 5.1 (latest as of Dec 7, 2015).

Also, why does the ABOUT section animate through screens? You cannot see the version but for a few seconds b4 it's gone with no way to get it back besides closing the window and reclicking ABOUT and HOPE you search the window and find it b4 it fades off again. Also, why not put the actual VERSION number in the menu item for checking for latest version? It comes back with "you have the latest version" but it doesn't display WHAT the version # is! That's unthinkable to me.

Any ideas on this envelope business?

Thanks!
TS

Last edited by truthsurge; 12-07-2015 at 06:32 AM. Reason: added bit about I/O window not persisting
truthsurge is offline   Reply With Quote