Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 01-12-2020, 04:42 AM   #1
synkrotron
Human being with feelings

Default [NOT SOLVED] Toolbar Question, specifically about toggle actions

Oh dear, it's me again

This time I am sat here, scratching my head, wondering why I can't get my toolbar icon to work for a toggle action.

Prior to this bit of faff I had two separate buttons, one to show envelopes in the TCP and another to hide envelopes:-

Envelope: Show all envelopes for all tracks (41149)

Envelope: Hide all envelopes for all tracks (41150)

But there is a toggle option for those actions:-

Envelope: Toggle show all envelopes for all tracks (41152)

So I thought it would be a good idea to create just the one button to use that action for toggling envelope visibility.

I wasn't sure whether I should be creating one toolbar image or two.

If you look at the Grid toolbar there are two toolbar images, one called toolbar_grid_off and the other called toolbar_grid_on.

If you look at selecting a new icon for this toolbar button you will notice that you are only presented the "off" version of the toolbar image. And that appears to be consistent with all images that have "off" and "on" versions (metronome, snap, grouping etc.).

I thought I would try this first and I created two new toolbar button images, toolbar_env_show_off and toolbar_env_show_on.

I then edited one of my existing buttons to use the action Envelope: Toggle show all envelopes for all tracks (41152) and selected the toolbar_env_show_off image (as expected the toolbar_env_show_on image was not presented in the dialogue box).

Clicking on that button does indeed toggle the envelope hide/show state but the toolbar button image does not change to the "on" version of that image.

I then tried something else.

There is a toggle-able action that is able to use just one toolbar button image;

View: Show docker (40279)

And I only discovered this today, in fact. I had originally had this toolbar button as a double size text button but I fancied having a go at creating an image for this action.

The image for this is a bit different to the rest in that the "off" state (using the left most part of the image) and the "mouse over" state (the centre image) are the same icon. The "mouse down" icon (right most part of the image) represents the "on" state and the image on the toolbar button locks to that.

But when I try the same for my envelope hide/show it doesn't work and the the toolbar button always looks the same regardless of state.

I would love to be able to sort this out.

Any ideas?

cheers, and thanks for reading

andy

Last edited by synkrotron; 01-12-2020 at 05:06 AM.
synkrotron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 04:51 AM   #2
synkrotron

Not sure what I was doing wrong but I started from scratch, creating a new button and using a single image as described above. Now the correct image is shown in the toolbar for the current state of the envelope hide/show.

Apologies for wasting your time (and my own, it seems)

andy
Old 01-12-2020, 05:07 AM   #3
synkrotron

I'm giving up on this... Two separate buttons it is