Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 11-26-2018, 03:38 AM   #1
wmayhem
Human being with feelings

Default Acustica Audio Plugins UI Not Rendering Correctly

Hi. I'm new to Reaper and am excited to take advantage of Reaper's CPU efficiency (compared with other DAWs).

Acustica Audio Acqua range of plugins are a big part of my motivation to try Reaper, as they take a lot of CPU.

On first instantiation of an Acqua plugin (Coral, Taupe, etc.), the UI does not render correctly and is useless. The graphic elements are all jumbled and overlapping.

Any insights/tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks much.

Last edited by wmayhem; 11-26-2018 at 04:26 AM.
wmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:30 PM   #2
Masi

Do you run Windows 10? Do you have changed in the OS settings the (font) size to something other then 100%? Do you have enabled "application rendering for hdpi screens" for the Reaper binary?

This troubles on my machine Loom II by Air (overlapping UI element). If I disable "application rendering for hdpi screens" the UI of Loom is ok. But then Reaper is rather unsharp and unusable.

Also some plugins don't like it if the audio device is closed. Happend to me with some Kontakt Player instrument when I haven't turned on my USB audio.

Masi
Masi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:56 AM   #3
wmayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masi View Post
Do you run Windows 10? Do you have changed in the OS settings the (font) size to something other then 100%? Do you have enabled "application rendering for hdpi screens" for the Reaper binary?

This troubles on my machine Loom II by Air (overlapping UI element). If I disable "application rendering for hdpi screens" the UI of Loom is ok. But then Reaper is rather unsharp and unusable.

Also some plugins don't like it if the audio device is closed. Happend to me with some Kontakt Player instrument when I haven't turned on my USB audio.

Masi
I am running Windows 10. Yes - Text size at 100%. Yes - Binary properties set to enable application rendering for hdpi screens.

See attached screenshot. Anyone else having this issue with Acustica plugins?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-12-31_15-57-48.jpg (30.2 KB, 136 views)

Last edited by wmayhem; 12-31-2018 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Add attachment.
Old 12-31-2018, 10:14 AM   #4
RJHollins

I'm following your thread over on AA site.

I've not read any other reports of this type of issue [nor have we encountered it in the beta-testing forum].

Personally I do use Win-10, so I can't test this ... but it would seem something specific to a Win10 setting.

Hopefully others can help.
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:12 AM   #5
wmayhem

For me, same Windows 10 PC, Acustica plugins render perfectly in other DAWs like Ableton Live 10. Just not Reaper!

FYI
Old 01-02-2019, 10:13 AM   #6
RJHollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmayhem View Post
For me, same Windows 10 PC, Acustica plugins render perfectly in other DAWs like Ableton Live 10. Just not Reaper!

FYI
OK ... I can't offer much in Help ... but there are a lot of people using REAPER just for Acustica plugins.

REAPER is one of the main DAW's we use for beta-testing.

I would suspect some setting[s] in REAPER has been changed from the Default that is causing this.

You might want to do a Portable install of REAPER ... leaving it at Default settings to test AA plugin.

Just an idea.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:35 AM   #7
wmayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
OK ... I can't offer much in Help ... but there are a lot of people using REAPER just for Acustica plugins.

REAPER is one of the main DAW's we use for beta-testing.

I would suspect some setting[s] in REAPER has been changed from the Default that is causing this.

You might want to do a Portable install of REAPER ... leaving it at Default settings to test AA plugin.

Just an idea.
Portable install worked when I scanned only vst3 folder and Acustica plugin folder. No interface conflicts, which leads me to believe that there is a plugin conflict between Acustica and some other VST2 plugins.

Ever heard of that?

Thanks
Old 01-02-2019, 11:42 AM   #8
RJHollins

OK ... are you installing BOTH VST-3 and VST-2 ???

Should only use 1 version.

Personally ... I use VST-2. No issues.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:43 PM   #9
wmayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
OK ... are you installing BOTH VST-3 and VST-2 ???

Should only use 1 version.

Personally ... I use VST-2. No issues.
I figured it out. Some graphics from a Puremagnetik plugin were showing up on Acustica scrabled UI in Reaper. So I eliminated that plugin from my VST folder and voila! Acustica plugins now render correctly.

Thanks for your help.