Old 10-22-2021, 04:48 AM   #1
Dogbox
Human being with feelings

Default Midi loop query

Hi guys,
Today I sequenced a small midi drum beat..liked what i heard, clicked the right edge> dragged and extended it in track view. When I go back into the midi editor it treats each bar as a loop, i.e I change one note in the first bar and all the notes for each loop section change. I now want it be one long “ flat” drum track that I can edit, insert fills etc, and not have it interconnected. how do I fix this so that my drum track is no longer seen in the midi editor as a series of loops?. Hope this makes sense..struggling to explain it I normally record my own drums and don’t tend to mess with midi too often, but trying to get a better understanding of it. Cheers
Dogbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 06:18 AM   #2
DarkStar

When you dragged and extended the clip in the Arranger, you actually looped it several times. SO when you edit it the changes will take place in acginstance of the loop.

If you want to treat it as a single long clip, then, in the Arranger, select it and Glue it (make sure no other clips are selected.

Below, I have a single 2 bar clip on the first track. On the second track I dragged it out to loop 4 times. Notice the small v-shaped indents every time it loops. On the third track I Glued it to create an 8-bar clip.

If you want to extend the clip without repeating the notes, then turn off "Loop Item source" in Item Settings. Then drag the right-hand edge of the clip.
Old 10-24-2021, 05:50 PM   #3
Dogbox

Cheers DarkStar, much appreciated. Good to know about the glue function. Will hit up the manual, now I know what to look for.
Dogbox is offline   Reply With Quote