Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 06-22-2022, 01:34 PM   #2281
moss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faderjockey View Post
Yep I'm on Mac Studio with an X-Touch and I got same issue.. I tried this for a little bit on my PC before I got this Mac and it worked though I didn't use it much I had Klinke working well on the PC.. but now on Mac wanted this but got your same error and don't know how to fix it.
You need to download the correct installer.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 04:29 PM   #2282
Faderjockey

Which would that be? I tried both the Arm and the regular OS. Didn't have that issue when I did the PC install.
Faderjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 12:34 AM   #2283
moss

Quote:
Which would that be? I tried both the Arm and the regular OS. Didn't have that issue when I did the PC install.
If you have the Intel version of Reaper you need to download the Intel one.
If you have the ARM version of Reaper you need to download the ARM one.
Worked fine for the previous poster.
Old 06-23-2022, 06:59 AM   #2284
Faderjockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
If you have the Intel version of Reaper you need to download the Intel one.
If you have the ARM version of Reaper you need to download the ARM one.
Worked fine for the previous poster.
I'm using the one Cockos post as Universal Intel and Arm.. so now what?
Old 06-23-2022, 01:32 PM   #2285
moss

Quote:
I'm using the one Cockos post as Universal Intel and Arm.. so now what?
What is your machine? An M1 one? You can also check in the process list of Mac OS if Reaper runs as ARM or Intel.
Old 06-23-2022, 06:01 PM   #2286
Faderjockey

Yes.. I'm now running Mac Studio Max M1. Reaper is universal version. Says 8ntel and Arm. I have the Arm version of your extension now.. Like I said when I was on my PC I placed the extension in folder bottled and it was fine.. But on Mac I'm getting that can't find error..
Old 06-24-2022, 12:21 AM   #2287
moss

Quote:
Yes.. I'm now running Mac Studio Max M1. Reaper is universal version. Says 8ntel and Arm. I have the Arm version of your extension now.. Like I said when I was on my PC I placed the extension in folder bottled and it was fine.. But on Mac I'm getting that can't find error..
OK, so both Reaper and DrivenByMoss should be the ARM version.

Please check in the process list of Mac OS that you are really running the ARM version of Reaper.

Also clean again the UserPlugins folder and make sure you copy again the ARM version of DrivenByMoss (one note here: the DrivenByMoss library is also a universal binary but the included Java VM is either for Intel or ARM).

If you still get an error, please post it here.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:45 AM   #2288
Faderjockey

this what I see.. Reaper is the Universal for Intel and ARM64.
yours is Arm as well. cleaned folder out and put them all back to make sure same results.

https://freeimage.host/i/hp0AUN
https://freeimage.host/i/hp0TfR
Old 06-24-2022, 12:49 PM   #2289
Faderjockey

So I realized my Xtouch was still at firmware 1.15 I didn't know there was a 1.22 so I updated. But the first 3 times launching Reaper with drivenbymoss selected as controller made reaper crash close. 4th time it opened but still getting a message this time it was this message.

https://freeimage.host/i/hpjFUb
Old 06-25-2022, 02:38 AM   #2290
moss

Quote:
So I realized my Xtouch was still at firmware 1.15 I didn't know there was a 1.22 so I updated. But the first 3 times launching Reaper with drivenbymoss selected as controller made reaper crash close. 4th time it opened but still getting a message this time it was this message.

https://freeimage.host/i/hpjFUb
Puh, never seen such issues. Previous one looked like a security issue with Mac OS but normally that happens with the main library, and it is explained in section 2.2.3 in the manual how to deal with that.

I noticed in your previous picture that you have many extensions in your UserPlugins folder. So, could also be a conflict with one of them. Could be worth to temporarily move them out of the folder for testing.
Old 06-25-2022, 06:38 AM   #2291
Faderjockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Puh, never seen such issues. Previous one looked like a security issue with Mac OS but normally that happens with the main library, and it is explained in section 2.2.3 in the manual how to deal with that.

I noticed in your previous picture that you have many extensions in your UserPlugins folder. So, could also be a conflict with one of them. Could be worth to temporarily move them out of the folder for testing.
I cleared folder even my reapack and Sws extension just to test.
got the java error again. and sometimes if I quit and reopen Reaper it's a different error not always the same. That also happened before I cleared the folder. can't win.. so for moving to the Mac studio this has been the biggest issue.

and I get this one https://freeimage.host/i/jHHRaI

Last edited by Faderjockey; 06-25-2022 at 06:47 AM.
Old 06-25-2022, 06:06 PM   #2292
MarkSA

Default APC40

I recently bought a second hand APC40 MK1 Australia. It came with the incorrect power supply. Looks good cosmetically. Have tried it out and it seems to work, after buying a universal adapter. Works okay in Ableton and Reaper. Though in Reaper it threw a wobbly when I selected the midi devices. So I turned them off. The unit still worked. I was wondering about one of the buttons, seeing as you own one, does the Stop All Clips suppose to light up? And the does the slider under the stop button have not much resistance? The scripts seem to work okay.

Last edited by MarkSA; 06-25-2022 at 06:19 PM.
MarkSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 12:35 AM   #2293
moss

Quote:
I cleared folder even my reapack and Sws extension just to test.
got the java error again. and sometimes if I quit and reopen Reaper it's a different error not always the same. That also happened before I cleared the folder. can't win.. so for moving to the Mac studio this has been the biggest issue.

and I get this one https://freeimage.host/i/jHHRaI
I am running out of ideas here, don't know what is going on on this machine. Especially, such erratic behaviour is something I have not heard before.
Old 06-26-2022, 12:38 AM   #2294
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSA View Post
does the Stop All Clips suppose to light up?
I think not (but this is from memory, would take me some time to get it out and setup again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSA View Post
And the does the slider under the stop button have not much resistance? The scripts seem to work okay.
Yes, that is intentional for crossfaders.
Old 06-26-2022, 09:27 AM   #2295
moss

DrivenByMoss 16.4.1 is online!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • Generic Flexi:
    • New: Added setting to directly route expression (CC 11).
  • MPC
    • New: Q-Link knobs are working now (requires MPC Firmware 2.11).

Enjoy!
Old 07-01-2022, 07:11 AM   #2296
Torben Scharling

See attached screen shot below this text....I was posting a topic in a Reaper group on Fakebook, in hopes of getting some tips/tricks from other users. Lo and behold, the first idiot to reply claims it didn't work for him, albeit he has a pretty petty little measly degree and some support experience lmfao.....what has this world come to?

I wanna get help/help getting the spectrogram to show up and in full screen on the Push 2 display, along with getting the rest of the Rea Suite implemented to show up visually...

Where can we all donate to DrivenByMoss ? Let's come together and collect some money for this champ to do his thing !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9B319208-2C12-4893-8F78-19F5BBCA80CE.jpg (123.8 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Torben Scharling; 07-01-2022 at 07:18 AM.
Torben Scharling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 01:08 AM   #2297
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torben Scharling View Post
See attached screen shot below this text....I was posting a topic in a Reaper group on Fakebook, in hopes of getting some tips/tricks from other users. Lo and behold, the first idiot to reply claims it didn't work for him, albeit he has a pretty petty little measly degree and some support experience lmfao.....what has this world come to?

I wanna get help/help getting the spectrogram to show up and in full screen on the Push 2 display, along with getting the rest of the Rea Suite implemented to show up visually...
Up to my knowledge that is not possible since there is no API to access such graphics of plugins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torben Scharling View Post
Where can we all donate to DrivenByMoss ? Let's come together and collect some money for this champ to do his thing !
I recently added a donate button to my Youtube channel since many people keep asking for it. But this is totally optional :-)