Old 05-28-2020, 04:43 PM   #1
MinisterD
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper in Zoom meeting?

Anybody know how to hear Reaper playback in meetings I'm hosting in Zoom? I'm sharing screen and sharing sound, I can hear Reaper, but my attendees cannot. I'm using a Zoom (the audio company) L-20 as a sound device and its native ASIO driver in Windows 10. My attendees can hear all Windows sounds, including playback outside Reaper; they just can't hear Reaper.
MinisterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 05:15 PM   #2
Fergler

Easiest solution for Windows is Voicemeeter Banana/Potato, in my opinion

Install, restart, and set windows sound output to Voicemeeter Input

Set Reaper to WASAPI, and set input and output to the VAIO3 Voicemeeter AUX
https://i.imgur.com/RjI1abJ.png

In Voicemeeter, go to the top right and where it says A1 click and select your L-20 ASIO driver
Under Menu > System settings/options you can configure the usual buffer size stuff if needed
But most importantly here, if you have a microphone, go to Patch ASIO to strips: and put 1 1 in the first two boxes by clicking them, as you can see in my screenshot.

https://i.imgur.com/Jt8PWlE.png

On the far left channel you should now have controls for your microphone.
Send it to B1 for the Zoom use, and A1 if you want to hear yourself.

The VAIO, AUX, and VAIO 3 channels are for outputs from Windows and select programs. All running software should appear here in one of them. Reaper should appear in the AUX channel as we set earlier.

Anything you want to send to Zoom, set to B1 output. A1 to hear it yourself.

That's it.. now in Zoom set 'Same as System' for audio in/out.

Note: Zoom will heavily compress and filter the sound. If you want really clear audio, try Discord instead. I've streamed music over Discord's algo and its as if the listener is hearing an mp3.. until someone talks then it tries to choke it as usual.
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 07:15 AM   #3
mschnell

For live audio communication JamKazam or Jamulus (there are some more options, that I did not yet try) are by far better than Zoom or Skype.

But with these you need to use headphones as they don't feature echo cancelling !

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 09:45 AM   #4
MinisterD

Believe me, I don't love Zoom, but I'm locked into it as a college professor who uses it in my involuntarily now-online courses. I want to give my students demonstrations in Reaper, so I need to get it working in Zoom. I'll try Voicemeeter. Thanks.
MinisterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 05:18 PM   #5
Bribedant

Multiple audio sources to zoom meeting? I did it the no headache way and got me a cheap 5 channel hardware mixer. Lesson learned, do not go for the small Behringer ones.
Bribedant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 10:10 PM   #6
mschnell

As Voicemeeter routing is either not possible or too crypytic to understand, I ended up using a channel of my interface and a patch cable to route a channel in and out to get a configuration that allowed virtual instruments and external inputs to reaper with the Reaper output sent to Zoom (or Skype) via Voicemeeter.

With JamKazam and Jamulus (which can use ASIO) I use ReaRoute. (mind that both need 32 bit ReaRout to be installed with 64 bit Reaper, and that Jamulus needs the samplerate to be 48 KHz.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote