Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 05-18-2019, 11:30 PM   #201
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhw View Post
Turns out my problem was having an instance of ReaLearn in the same FX chain as FaderBox which was interfering for some reason. I've moved ReaLearn to the Input FX chain instead (on same track) and now it works.

One remaining issue is the apparent incompatibility with SliderMate 16. When I have the Smart Control running, if I try to insert an instance of slidermate it consistently crashes with this error:

"...ppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\LBX\LBX_SRD_ Smar tKnobs.lua:861: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got nil)"

For now I'm back to using ReaControlMIDI since it doesn't crash in this circumstance. In any case, huge thank you for your help and this amazing tool!
I'll take a look into the error - see if I can spot what's up.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:46 AM   #202
timzibrat

Ok I've written to Novations customer support and they've said, that the keyboard currently doesn't support displaying incoming cc data on the screen, which is a bit of a bummer really. But apparently they've forwarded the request to the developer team, so I'm crossing my fingers that they implement it.

EDIT: And as I've asked a bit more specifically, I've come to know, that it doesn't receive cc messages at all. I can receive HUI data, but no cc data. This was kinda the main point in buying this keyboard.. well, at least I know now.

Last edited by timzibrat; 05-20-2019 at 08:15 AM.
timzibrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:37 AM   #203
timzibrat

I will probably invest in a Midi Twister Fighter, since these keyboards seem unreliable. Is there any other good alternative to the midi twister fighter on the market, or is this the way to go?
Old 05-21-2019, 03:00 PM   #204
J Riley Hill

I am considering getting one too! I would be interested to hear from someone who has one, from my research.
They seem to have rave reviews everywhere, and from the looks of it, spend a lot of time making sure they are using good quality components.

From my personal experience I have purchased SOO many midi controllers from different companies over the years. M-audio, Arturia, Novation, Behringer.

I have the original novation launchpad, still works great....
EVERYTHING from all the other companies has either broken or just has terrible drivers (I have an older Arturia mini lab and it technically still works but the drivers are awful and it has the worst encoders I have ever touched), 2 m-audio keyboards have broken on me. Behringer BCR2000 broke.

ANYWAY
this is a bit of a rant, but I wish I could go back and spend the extra money on the midi fighter twister, because It seems it would probably still be working.
J Riley Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 10:24 AM   #205
mlprod

Wow, just got to set this up with a Midi fighter twister, after some fiddling it seems to work quite well!

Now, is it possible to edit the script so that it looks for one instance of a plugin ONLY, and that it does this without me having to open the plugin gui?

Best and great work
/M
Old 05-26-2019, 11:55 AM   #206
J Riley Hill

Hey lb0!
did you ever end up having time to look at that chunk data stuff?

I ended up going back to the older version of the script because the shell plugins not working was more of an issue for me than the slow down from envelopes (which can totally be avoided by just only showing envelopes you need to see)

Just was curious about that, Is the version that doesn't work with Shell plugins what is in the Github right now?
Old 06-13-2019, 07:29 AM   #207
pilau

I'm getting a Midi Fighter Twister just to try this configuration out, as it is (almost) exactly what I have been looking for for ages!

First of all huge thanks for developing that. I'm really excited to try this out.

Now I'd like to ask, is it possible to either:
1) Allow some faders to be dedicated to a single plugin, irregardless of focus state of said plugin (like regular midi binding)
2) (Even better) Split the faders into groups, corresponding to sets of plugins. Example: Some faders only bind to the focused plugin (or last focused plugin!) out of plugins A,B,C and the remaining faders only bind to the focused plugin (or last focused plugin!) out of plugins D,E,F
pilau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:30 AM   #208
Tiggerdyret

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzibrat View Post
I will probably invest in a Midi Twister Fighter, since these keyboards seem unreliable. Is there any other good alternative to the midi twister fighter on the market, or is this the way to go?
I think the Nocturn midi controllers work quite well and are thrown at you on the used marked. Just don't use the automap plugin!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSshCF4O4PQ&t=373s

That said the MFT is awesome and I also was reluctant to buy it, because of the price difference between other midi controllers, but it is a 100% worth it!
Tiggerdyret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:34 AM   #209
Tiggerdyret

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilau View Post
I'm getting a Midi Fighter Twister just to try this configuration out, as it is (almost) exactly what I have been looking for for ages!

First of all huge thanks for developing that. I'm really excited to try this out.

Now I'd like to ask, is it possible to either:
1) Allow some faders to be dedicated to a single plugin, irregardless of focus state of said plugin (like regular midi binding)
2) (Even better) Split the faders into groups, corresponding to sets of plugins. Example: Some faders only bind to the focused plugin (or last focused plugin!) out of plugins A,B,C and the remaining faders only bind to the focused plugin (or last focused plugin!) out of plugins D,E,F
Use realearn to map you faders to fader box. If you want to dedicate some faders to something else you simply do that through realearn instead of mapping them to faderbox.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:45 AM   #210
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerdyret View Post
Use realearn to map you faders to fader box. If you want to dedicate some faders to something else you simply do that through realearn instead of mapping them to faderbox.
Aha - thanks Tiggerdyret.

I was going to answer to Pilau that it was really beyond the current design of SK to map to more than a single plugin at once. Good to know by combining with Realearn that this can be achieved.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:48 AM   #211
Tiggerdyret

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Aha - thanks Tiggerdyret.

I was going to answer to Pilau that it was really beyond the current design of SK to map to more than a single plugin at once. Good to know by combining with Realearn that this can be achieved.
Wouldn't this be possible without Realearn? You just map some of the knobs to Faderbox and then map the rest through Reaper actions. Realearn has some advanced feature like midi feedback and many other cool actions and options, which makes it the better choice, but am I missing something in how Faderbox works?
Old 06-18-2019, 01:52 AM   #212
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerdyret View Post
Wouldn't this be possible without Realearn? You just map some of the knobs to Faderbox and then map the rest through Reaper actions. Realearn has some advanced feature like midi feedback and many other cool actions and options, which makes it the better choice, but am I missing something in how Faderbox works?
Yes - of course you can assign some controls to faderbox and the others to whatever - but my thinking was doing that natively in Reaper - you wouldn't get feedback - so Realearn (as you suggested) is probably the best way to go.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:10 AM   #213
Tiggerdyret

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Yes - of course you can assign some controls to faderbox and the others to whatever - but my thinking was doing that natively in Reaper - you wouldn't get feedback - so Realearn (as you suggested) is probably the best way to go.
Yes, I also think Realearn would make him able to setup Faderbox for the whatever FX is in focus and for instance have Realearn control ReaEQ and/or ReaComp for the selected track and control all three FXs at the same time... I might have to do this myself actually :P
Another way to do something similar would be to use your stripper plugin.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:04 PM   #214
BenK-msx

Question to anyone here:

Perhaps interested in new controller small format -
However it seems what I want isn't available although it's pretty simple:

1:
Some smaller endless rotaries with feedback leds. ( The cheapest behringer touch does that )
& A Few buttons not too many.

2:
At least One large rotary /jog ideally with lights tho that not necessary.

--
Atm I use a cheap dj controller with the large wheels set (using realearn) as fine last touched twiddlers and fine item mover. Which is great.

Be great to also have some led endless knobs plus a large endless one. Using this smartknobs tool also I think could be sweet.

Can't find one tho.

In case I've missed it anyone know of anything that fits the bill and reasonable?
Old 06-18-2019, 12:39 PM   #215
Tiggerdyret

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenK-msx View Post
Question to anyone here:

Perhaps interested in new controller small format -
However it seems what I want isn't available although it's pretty simple:

1:
Some smaller endless rotaries with feedback leds. ( The cheapest behringer touch does that )
& A Few buttons not too many.

2:
At least One large rotary /jog ideally with lights tho that not necessary.

--
Atm I use a cheap dj controller with the large wheels set (using realearn) as fine last touched twiddlers and fine item mover. Which is great.

Be great to also have some led endless knobs plus a large endless one. Using this smartknobs tool also I think could be sweet.

Can't find one tho.

In case I've missed it anyone know of anything that fits the bill and reasonable?
Endless encoders with feedback are a pretty rare breed, so there really isn't much to choose from. I don't think Behringers has any cheap controllers with feedback unless it's come out in the last year.
You can try an find a used Novation Nocturne (just set it up as a midi controller instead of using Automap, which can break your projects) for pretty cheap, but the smallest is probably MF Twister, which is expensive, but totally worth it.
If you had more space you could look at the Behringer BFR2000, but that is probably too big.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #216
BenK-msx

Yeh I got the bcf/r t-shirt - those days are done! (my sig is a clue)

It seems you can have jogs and buttons, buttons and twiddlies, buttons, a twiddly and faders etc. but not jogs and twiddlies..

Edit: atm the x touch one is pretty close with a jog, the single led rotary ( with display.) and the fader.. prob don't need all the buttons ,but also it's a pricey upgrade from my Aldi dumb dj controller which isn't Shabby

Last edited by BenK-msx; 06-18-2019 at 12:54 PM.
BenK-msx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:12 PM   #217
Audio_Birdi

Default Problem with MIDI Fighter Twister feedback

Hi all,

I've been trying to get my MIDI Fighter Twister to show MIDI Feedback and it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried both via the Faderbox feedback option as well as ReaLearn's feedback option.

I've followed the REAPER Blog video exactly (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0LBdXXcg7g), and feedback isn't working for some reason. I see that ReaLearn has a "Midi control input" and "MIDI Feedback Output option now. Which doesn't seem to appear in the original REAPER video.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
Audio_Birdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:59 PM   #218
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio_Birdi View Post
Hi all,

I've been trying to get my MIDI Fighter Twister to show MIDI Feedback and it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried both via the Faderbox feedback option as well as ReaLearn's feedback option.

I've followed the REAPER Blog video exactly (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0LBdXXcg7g), and feedback isn't working for some reason. I see that ReaLearn has a "Midi control input" and "MIDI Feedback Output option now. Which doesn't seem to appear in the original REAPER video.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
Hey there!

I'm the dude in the video!

Let's get this working for you!

I'll quit with the exclamation points now!

My first guess is:

is the midi fighter twister output enabled in the reaper midi preferences? (let's forget the smart knob feedback for now and try to get Realearn's feedback to work)

and yeah there was a realearn update, select the mf twister for both input and output.

check and make sure the output is enabled and we will go from there.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:29 PM   #219
Audio_Birdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Hey there!

I'm the dude in the video!

Let's get this working for you!

I'll quit with the exclamation points now!

My first guess is:

is the midi fighter twister output enabled in the reaper midi preferences? (let's forget the smart knob feedback for now and try to get Realearn's feedback to work)

and yeah there was a realearn update, select the mf twister for both input and output.

check and make sure the output is enabled and we will go from there.
Hey there Charlie!

I've enabled output and input in the MIDI Devices menu in REAPER.

Does it matter if the ID's are different? I've made them the same for input and output.

How will I know that feedback is working for the MF Twister with ReaLearn?

Should I connect it to the FaderBox plugin or leave that for now?

Also, I've made ReaLearn an insert FX plugin for now, or should I go for the faderbox + ReaLearn as an input FX for testing?

Thanks again!

EDIT: added a video showing ReaLearn (input fx) connected to faderbox (insert FX) for feedback test: https://youtu.be/1JHVHvRNTxk

Last edited by Audio_Birdi; 06-19-2019 at 06:51 PM. Reason: added video
Old 06-19-2019, 06:55 PM   #220
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio_Birdi View Post
Hey there Charlie!

Does it matter if the ID's are different? I've made them the same for input and output.

How will I know that feedback is working for the MF Twister with ReaLearn?

Should I connect it to the FaderBox plugin or leave that for now?
My id's are different so it's safe to say no, that doesn't matter.

You have to connect realearn to the faderbox plugin. That's actually the magic part So inside realearn, you need 16 mappings. One for each knob mapping to one fader in faderbox.

16 is just for one bank on the mf twister, obviously.

Feel free to PM me and exchange info. I rarely get notifications from the forum anymore, even though it's set to do so.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:34 PM   #221
Audio_Birdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
My id's are different so it's safe to say no, that doesn't matter.

You have to connect realearn to the faderbox plugin. That's actually the magic part So inside realearn, you need 16 mappings. One for each knob mapping to one fader in faderbox.

16 is just for one bank on the mf twister, obviously.

Feel free to PM me and exchange info. I rarely get notifications from the forum anymore, even though it's set to do so.
Ok cool! Sent you a PM .
Old 06-23-2019, 09:45 AM   #222
BenK-msx

Quote:
It seems you can have jogs and buttons, buttons and twiddlies, buttons, a twiddly and faders etc. but not jogs and twiddlies..
So & Weaving back on topic:

I discovered the behringer cmd pl-1 - 2013 era.. never seen it before.

Is a DJ platter module with one big smooth jog, AND 8 led endless twiddlies! And 4 banks by default.
Only downside is a little large.

Best bit is it was v cheap so don't mind some set up...

Am Using smartknobs (looking good so far) and realearn I am getting feedback going, although it's no plug and play 2019 style!

Man.. flashback to nights tinkering with bcf2000's :

needed bizarre combos of cycle actions, 2 realearn mappings with odd settings and formulas to just get things lighting up in a useful manner..

Got there tho, I think smartknobs is straightforward and functional enough which shows it's success.

Little video of me celebrating a play light lighting up in play and going out on stop.. and smartknobs doing it's thing on a plug.. Sad but true..

Old 06-25-2019, 05:11 PM   #223
BenK-msx

Default potential bug (mac)

hi LBO

setting things up here with smartknobs and was going ok.. though finding fair few of my plugs don't play nice, crash the script etc.

just spent time mappng vst3 waves rhodes88 - cool! but then found its settings had clashed/mashed with my vst3 waves cla2a comp i had mapped earlier - so cleared them from the cla2a and 'poof' it also cleared the rhodes88 mapping... any way of fixing that as they are appearing to be the same plug ID wise.. ?

promising stuff tho with the plugs that have mapped nicely hope you can assist

many thanks
Old 06-26-2019, 12:53 AM   #224
lb0

Quote:
hi LBO

setting things up here with smartknobs and was going ok.. though finding fair few of my plugs don't play nice, crash the script etc.

just spent time mappng vst3 waves rhodes88 - cool! but then found its settings had clashed/mashed with my vst3 waves cla2a comp i had mapped earlier - so cleared them from the cla2a and 'poof' it also cleared the rhodes88 mapping... any way of fixing that as they are appearing to be the same plug ID wise.. ?

promising stuff tho with the plugs that have mapped nicely hope you can assist

many thanks
Which plugins crash the script? Any error messages?

Yeah - I know about Waves plugins - and it's easy enough to get around - but changes the detection functionality away from what was originally requested.

I can fix it to work with Waves plugins - but it would need to use the given name of the plugin (either normal plugin name or anything you may have renamed it to) to identify the plugin.

The issue with this is that if you like to rename plugins depending on their use - then each different plugin name (even if they refer to the same plugin) would require setting up its own template.

Until recently I got around this limitation by using the chunk to identify the plugin - but for some users - this was particularly slow in certain cases.

I'll see what I can do...

But would be really useful to have any error reports so I can try and fix those.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:27 AM   #225
BenK-msx

Cheers for that - some of my more commonly used plugs these days are waves ones so some fix is desirable..

Will make better note of any plugs that cause issue, I was initially concerned with plug type (Js Au vst vst3 etc) and less the manufacturer!

Btw question:
my rotary encoders also have toggle buttons (and a little on/off light)-
can I set the button to change to rotary knobs function or bank to a secondary mapping?

I know I can achieve it just thought expert might now the best way

Cheers
Old 06-26-2019, 06:46 AM   #226
lb0

Quote:
Cheers for that - some of my more commonly used plugs these days are waves ones so some fix is desirable..

Will make better note of any plugs that cause issue, I was initially concerned with plug type (Js Au vst vst3 etc) and less the manufacturer!

Btw question:
my rotary encoders also have toggle buttons (and a little on/off light)-
can I set the button to change to rotary knobs function or bank to a secondary mapping?

I know I can achieve it just thought expert might now the best way

Cheers
I've just uploaded an update.

In Settings - uncheck the Use Module Name Detection option to hopefully work correctly with Waves plugins. (I don't have any here to test - but in theory it should work ok).

It would require quite a bit of extra work to allow for multiple mappings - and really - other than bug fixes - this particular version of Smart Knobs is not being developed further.

I do have Smart Knobs 2 script in the works - as I have mentioned earlier in the thread. This is way way more powerful - going beyond just plugin control - so you can send CC's, adjust track parameters and loads of other stuff (including swapping mappings around using multiple layers).

I don't quite know when this will be completed - It's virtually there - but due to its size and complexity - I'm reluctant to release it without finalising some stuff first. And I'm not quite ready to fully support all the questions and requests that are likely to come along with releasing it.

Please let me know if this update works for the Waves plugs.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:10 AM   #227
BenK-msx

Thanks alot for speedy addressing, will check later today.

S.K2 sounds good - won't ask premature Q's About it .. but wait patiently.

Taa
Old 06-26-2019, 05:22 PM   #228
BenK-msx

Default error info

hi Leon - waves naming seems good now - no issues there thanks. (except i then had some... read on)

EDIT : i didn't read you carefully enough - i shall UNTICK ... sorry.

-----------

LBX_SRD_SmartKnobs.lua:868: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got nil)

seems to occur with all my AU's ( which happen to be waves )

AND any JS effect i try..

am on mac btw

Last edited by BenK-msx; 06-26-2019 at 05:57 PM.
BenK-msx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 02:07 AM   #229
lb0

Quote:
hi Leon - waves naming seems good now - no issues there thanks. (except i then had some... read on)

EDIT : i didn't read you carefully enough - i shall UNTICK ... sorry.

-----------

LBX_SRD_SmartKnobs.lua:868: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got nil)

seems to occur with all my AU's ( which happen to be waves )

AND any JS effect i try..

am on mac btw
Just uploaded a fix for the JS errors - which may also fix the au ones too (not sure as I don't have a Mac).
Old 06-27-2019, 06:41 PM   #230
BenK-msx

thanks alot - that seems to have done the trick!

moved on to trying to make a 'bank' button to make the same set of encoders switch to control faderbox slots 17+ instead of 1-8 ... kind of there but feedback updates are killing me from realearn... next time...

cheers again.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:59 AM   #231
timzibrat

So it's me again. I saw the video for the novation nocturn just a moment before almost buying the midi fighter twister, so I found a good deal on ebay for the nocturn and it. I managed to make it work (even though the automap plugins crash, as said in the video and with the midi cc controller option I couldn't get any signal through the normal automap midi ports. So after countless struggles I tried with the loopMIDI software. I created 2 ports, one for input and one for output and now it works perfectly).

I have encountered a problem though. I have about 5 monitoring fx in my project sessions. Analyzers and mixcheckers and stuff like that. Whenever bypassing or unbypassing any monitoring fx, or fiddling around with them, reaper crashes with a runtime error, or sometimes even without the error. I didn't suspect the jbx track to be the issue at first, cause even if I turned arm record off, reaper still crashed on me. But eventually, by deleting the jbx track, the crashes were gone. Has anyone experienced this? Is there any way for me to avoid this? I enjoy working with the smartknobs script and the nocturn controller, but having this crash bomb right at the click of a button looming over me is a bit too scary.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:29 AM   #232
lb0

Quote:
So it's me again. I saw the video for the novation nocturn just a moment before almost buying the midi fighter twister, so I found a good deal on ebay for the nocturn and it. I managed to make it work (even though the automap plugins crash, as said in the video and with the midi cc controller option I couldn't get any signal through the normal automap midi ports. So after countless struggles I tried with the loopMIDI software. I created 2 ports, one for input and one for output and now it works perfectly).

I have encountered a problem though. I have about 5 monitoring fx in my project sessions. Analyzers and mixcheckers and stuff like that. Whenever bypassing or unbypassing any monitoring fx, or fiddling around with them, reaper crashes with a runtime error, or sometimes even without the error. I didn't suspect the jbx track to be the issue at first, cause even if I turned arm record off, reaper still crashed on me. But eventually, by deleting the jbx track, the crashes were gone. Has anyone experienced this? Is there any way for me to avoid this? I enjoy working with the smartknobs script and the nocturn controller, but having this crash bomb right at the click of a button looming over me is a bit too scary.
Ok - I suspect that's because the monitoring FX gets focus - and the script isn't designed to handle monitoring fx.

Maybe I've not noticed this myself - because I always have the monitoring FX chain window docked - but nonetheless - I'll try to repeat the issue - and fix it if I can...
Old 07-15-2019, 11:50 AM   #233
lb0

Quote:

Ok - I tested this here - and I'm not getting any crashes with the monitoring fx windows - in fx chain window or floating.

Can you give me any error messages? What plugins in particular do you have in the monitoring chain?

Do you have the latest version of SK? I made some fixes about a month ago - which did focus on fixing crashes caused by certain FX types...
Old 08-02-2019, 11:38 AM   #234
SeanTypedThis

Default Possibly Realearn bug?

Quote:
I had a similar issue I tracked down to the Realearn plugin, if you're using that as an insert effect for the faderbox plugin it might be the culprit. Filed a bug report for it:

https://bitbucket.org/helgoboss/real...ble-monitoring

Helgoboss promptly solved the issue in the next pre-release found here:
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=296

So if you're using the version of Realearn from the official site, try updating to the pre-release and see if you can freely manage your monitor fx chain again.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:09 AM   #235
J Riley Hill

Hey I just started a feature request that would probably improve the functionality of this script of some people!
Take a look/give a +1 if you have a chance: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....94#post2170594

It involves giving us the ability to "lock" a tracks record arm state.
So for people who use this script with a hidden track "record armed" it would be useful!
Old 08-31-2019, 03:58 PM   #236
foxAsteria

After a couple days and the help of this script I got MIDI feedback working 90% how I'd like using MIDI messages through TouchOSC Bridge. But now I'm not sure if what I want is even possible...

Goal: MIDI feedback updating the EQ controls in TouchOSC on my tablet as soon as I change track.

Problem: I can get it working only if the EQ focused.

Is it possible? Can Smart Knobs target fx specifically by name (only for selected track) or does plugin always have to be focused first? I just want the EQ to update when switching tracks without having to float the GUI first.

Thanks to LBX/SRD for this, btw, because feedback is awesome and Reaper OSC feedback never seemed to work longer than 1 day...

Last edited by foxAsteria; 09-03-2019 at 09:41 PM.
foxAsteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 12:55 PM   #237
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
After a couple days and the help of this script I got MIDI feedback working 90% how I'd like using MIDI messages through TouchOSC Bridge. But now I'm not sure if what I want is even possible...

Goal: MIDI feedback updating the EQ controls in TouchOSC on my tablet as soon as I change track.

Problem: I can get it working only if the EQ focused.

Is it possible? Can Smart Knobs target fx specifically by name (only for selected track) or does plugin always have to be focused first? I just want the EQ to update when switching tracks without having to float the GUI first.

Thanks to LBX/SRD for this, btw, because feedback is awesome and Reaper OSC feedback never seemed to work longer than 1 day...
Hi fox,

Technically it would be able to target an fx by name as opposed to the currently focused fx - but it would need adapting to monitor the currently selected track and search for the fx (by name) and use that as the focus of the script instead of any focused fx.

L.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:49 PM   #238
foxAsteria

Thx for the reply buddy. Yea would be super awesome if it could target plug by name for selected track as an option. I will share my OSC/SK setup in another thread cos its rather amazing (nearly)
Old 09-19-2019, 06:58 PM   #239
foxAsteria

Back with an update. So I still think the request I made would make a useful feature, but I've gotten around it. I realised that TouchOSC can send messages when switching pages, so I just have layouts that correspond with each now and float the EQ when I'm on the EQ page. Pretty much problem solved....

I would still prefer to use it "blind" on track selection without needing the plugin in focus because now I have full remote control with all the necessary feedback on my $30 tablet! So fecking cool man.

OK but here's the problem I'm having:
This is probably a ReaLearn issue but I expect someone using Smart Knobs has encountered it.

Once I got everything working, I immediately added it to my default template and some of the other tracks I'm currently working on. Suddenly things went super wonky and all kinds of unexpected behavior was taking place.

After an hour or so of troubleshooting, I finally realized that the setups in background project tabs were still functioning, so I was getting actions performed, but they were performed in multiples of the number of open tabs.

Is there a way around this? I'd just have one project running this in the background, but the track has to be in every project for the script to see it.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:48 PM   #240
lb0

I'm sorry fox - been very busy with Stripper and SK2 scripts - haven't got around to your request yet.

Regarding ReaLearn - I don't use it so cannot be of help here. With SK - the built in feedback always worked for my needs.

The (eventually) forthcoming SK2 does all the feedback internally and via dedicated JSFX plugins - and is much more robust. It's still in development at the moment - I know when it gets released it is probably going to require quite a bit of support - due to its complexity (not in use - but in the different ways it needs to be set up for different controllers) - and so I want to have it more or less complete before I do release it beyond the development team. Hopefully the wait will be worth it though.