Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 02-26-2018, 06:08 AM   #481
LugNut
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Oh god, Win XP...
Hi,
Thanks for the help:-)

Have a few hardware things that won't like 7 or 64 bit. And my system is running great.
Almost saved up enough for a new comp and new hardware, and things econmicly go south. Last one was one of my dogs got cancer. That was about 5000$.Before that, my special needs son got sick. B4 that my car needed work..1500$ there. And imjust keeping my head above water. Beleive me i would love to upgrade to superior 3. But...such is life.So.......
Anybody know the answer to my original question?

Thanks
Guido
LugNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:19 AM   #482
EvilDragon

I mean yeah, you could copy the script files from your W7 computer to XP computer. You'll also need to copy reaper-kb.ini as well, because links to scripts are in there. Before that you should verify that you have exactly the same keyboard shortcuts on both configurations.

(BTW which hardware is in question, that doesn't like 64-bit or W7? Sounds like something pretty old ) Also sorry to hear about the struggles!
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:19 AM   #483
azimuth

Location: The place that's round on the ends and high in the middle

Hi Guido,

You don't have to explain yourself or your motivations to anyone. Sorry to hear about your situation.
azimuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:45 AM   #484
LugNut

Hi,
Thanks for the info. Ed didn't mean nothing bad. I understand. And its just like when someone gives you a "your mother" rib or joke. And you say "hey man, shut up..my moms dead". Hehe.

Such is life. My problems are nothing compared to some. And eds picture is not so scary if one keeps his wedding picture in mind.:-)

To start with is my 2 unitor 8x8 midi interfaces. Then there are a couple others. And my plan is to keep the xp system up and use it to replace my Mac os9 computer which currently handles all my ext midi devices via Soundiver. Of course connected bidirectionaly with reaper.
My studio was state of the art for a "project studio" circa 2000:-) dumped just about everything I had into it. And I'm gonna run it until the wheels come off:-)

Thanks guys

Guido
Old 02-26-2018, 06:50 AM   #485
EvilDragon

Check out Alyseum U3-88c 8x8 MIDI interface if you need an upgrade at some point. I have two, they work great under W10!
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:16 AM   #486
LugNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Check out Alyseum U3-88c 8x8 MIDI interface if you need an upgrade at some point. I have two, they work great under W10!

Thanks ed.....will check em out. I know I'm staying away from the I connect stuff. My friend has one and it kind of blows.
With my setup sysex transmission has to be good. And of course respectable jitter/latency. Was always just considering the motu stuff.
Thanks again
Old 03-10-2018, 05:42 AM   #487
Triode

Any news on renewed enthusiasm for reapack compatibility with Snow Leopard?

I'd install this. It looks so handy!
Old 03-10-2018, 08:37 PM   #488
cfillion

X-Raym's web server appears to be down at the moment. (You might want to remove your license key from the screenshot )
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:29 AM   #489
mschnell

Any comments on #481 and #482 ?
Thanks,
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 07:23 AM   #490
chumbo

Default Obsolete....never worth keeping?

I'm kind of puzzled as to the reason when some scripts are marked as obsolete?

Since we are given the option to remove or not the obsoletes, this makes me think that there could be reasons for keeping them as well (or else why make it optional?).

What's usually the reason behind calling a script obsolete and is there any harm in leaving it and not removing it? (and any benefit?)
Thanks!
chumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:27 AM   #491
cfillion

A package becomes obsolete when the author removes it from the repository. You have the option of keep them installed in case you still need them (imagine if it was a critical part of your workflow, you were in the middle of a project, you synchronized reapack – perhaps by mistake – and poof the obsolete package was gone with no easy way to get it back! that would be horrible).

If you don't use obsolete packages it's best to remove them because their presence may block the installation of a replacement package in some cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Any comments on #481 and #482 ?
column:keyword filters would be nice. MidiToReaControlPath's license doesn't allow redistribution. A while ago I bookmarked a thread about being able to put VSTs in "UserPlugins/FX/VST" but I haven't tried it yet. For JSFX documentation there's "Show ReaPack about dialog for the focused JSFX".

Last edited by cfillion; 03-24-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:54 AM   #492
Joe Cyborg

Default offline

I dont understand the way i can use it offlinely. What do i have to install onto my online computer and how can i transfer data to the offline one ? Could someone explain?
Joe Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:17 PM   #493
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
For JSFX documentation there's "Show ReaPack about dialog for the focused JSFX".
I do know and do remember that I once tried it.

But this would be most useful for Newbies and those never will be able to activate that (or any) action.

-Michael
Old 03-25-2018, 03:47 PM   #494
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cyborg View Post
I dont understand the way i can use it offlinely. What do i have to install onto my online computer and how can i transfer data to the offline one ? Could someone explain?
You can transfer installed packages from one online REAPER installation to another offline using Manage repositories > Import/export: https://reapack.com/user-guide#offline-use.
Old 03-25-2018, 04:35 PM   #495
Joe Cyborg

Default x64

I got x64 win7 but x86 Reaper (i use a lot of old vsts). Which Reapack shall i choose then?
Old 03-25-2018, 05:07 PM   #496
cfillion

ReaPack 32-bit to match REAPER.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:36 PM   #497
Joe Cyborg

Default offline

Thanks for the help.
My online computer after i clicked on "Export Reapack to an offline computer" made a file called ReaPackArchive. Where shall i put it on my offline computer ?
Old 03-26-2018, 05:54 AM   #498
MRMJP

I have a question about the Project Underrun Monitor script.

I have it set to automatically start up when I start REAPER but I'm wondering if I can close the window and have it still working, or do I need to keep the window open?

It would be nice if the window could be hidden, or at least docked so I don't have to see it. Better yet, a way to auto-hide it after each REAPER launch but have it still working.

Also, can you look at my settings from the image/link below and let me know if this will create a marker anytime there is a buffer underrun during the recording process? I don't care about playback, only recording.

Thanks.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:58 AM   #499
cfillion

@MRMJP I replied to your private message.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:03 AM   #500
Jack Winter

Quote:
@MRMJP I replied to your private message.
Heh, and I was possibly also interested in the answer
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:05 AM   #501
cfillion

Quote:
You can minimize the window to hide it from view. When it's closed it cleans up the XRun markers and exits. I can make it dockable if needed.

With the settings in your screenshot it will insert a marker every time an audio (red) or media (yellow) xrun occurs while recording.
​​​​​
Old 03-28-2018, 10:49 AM   #502
mschnell

Hi,

Sorry that I again seem too stupid to do this, but GitHub again does not let me edit the not working file.

I was easily able to edit an already committed file by finding it in the appropriate directory and pushing some edit button.

But the file with errors found by the system (you did comment on this) is not found in the directory, and from the pull request I can't find/display the source in some straight way. And once I was able to, the Edit button was deactivated due to "not on the branch"-

How to decently edit a not yet committed file ?

Moreover there are two open pull requests I uploaded as a first try. I still need to add appropriate header lines, but of course I am not able to, as well.

Here I posted the (still unanswered) question, if it is OK to place them in (the not yet existing) /Scripts/Utility directory, as they are closely connected to the JSFXes I uploaded to the appropriate "Utility" directory.

Thanks,
-Michael
Old 03-28-2018, 11:26 AM   #503
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Here I posted the (still unanswered) question, if it is OK to place them in (the not yet existing) /Scripts/Utility directory, as they are closely connected to the JSFXes I uploaded to the appropriate "Utility" directory.
I answered to that here: https://github.com/ReaTeam/ReaScript...ment-376724604. Mute is a track property and there is already a "Tracks Properties" folder. (I'll take a look at the file editing issue in a bit and reply to your message on github.)

Last edited by cfillion; 03-28-2018 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:41 PM   #504
mschnell

Did you find my messages on githup ? (I am not even able to find those, but I am positive that I sent some...)
Thanks,

Edit:

I found your messages using the link in your previous message here. (Alas, GitHub did not send a Mail, as you wrote it...)
I see: editing only is possible, when a pull request is open.
That to me is perfectly conter-intuitive, as a "pull request" to me seemed to be the means to notify the system (and you) that there is something that might be viable for publishing, and this obviously should be done after editing out known errors. .
Now trying ....

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 03-28-2018 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:59 PM   #505
mschnell

I re-opened the pull request there: -> https://github.com/ReaTeam/JSFX/pull...ment-376721590 .

Nonetheless after "changed files", and "view", the pencil button still is gray and gives the said "branch" message.

Edit:
After waiting some minutes to let the processing finish, I can open the edit.

Thanks again,
-Michael
Old 03-29-2018, 06:46 AM   #506
mschnell

Hi,
Is it possible to define tan appearance in a dedicated "Category" and "Developer" folder for JSFXes that will be shown in the newly enhanced "Add FX" dialogue, Reaper provides ?

Happily the "New" selection automatically shows JSFXes recently added by ReaPack.

-Michael
Old 03-29-2018, 10:38 AM   #507
cfillion

This is REAPER's thing. I don't think JSFX can go in the new developer section.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:38 PM   #508
mschnell

So Reaper Devs:
What about using the JSFX "author:" Tag for the "developer" scetion and some new to be defined tag for "category" (supposedly using the subdirectory is not really appropriate for this) !!!

-Michael
Old 03-30-2018, 11:25 AM   #509
jbraner

Quote:
(posted by lugnut) Was always just considering the motu stuff.
I use a MOTU MIDI Express (8x8) - USB MIDI adapter. It's ancient, but works great in Win 10, just like it did since XP or probably before
You may be able to find one (or 2) cheap on eBay etc.

Just an idea...

Last edited by jbraner; 03-30-2018 at 11:35 AM.
jbraner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:00 PM   #510
mschnell

I seem to be rather dumb ...

This github thing is close to unusable for me.

If I want to edit a file that is not yet merged, I can't edit it because I just don't find it (supposedly i.e. find the open pull request).

If I want to edit a file that already is merged, I cant edit it, because before editing, you need to open a pull request on that file, and I fail to find out how to do that (i.e. create a pull request on a dedicated merged file). On none of the very many web pages that can be displayed with respect to that merged file and it's project #, there is an option to (re-) open a pull request.

Some years ago I (with a programming language prooject) tried to use GitHub through the Linux "git" command line utilities, and also desperately failed.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 04-08-2018 at 12:02 AM.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:38 PM   #511
nofish

Quote:
If I want to edit a file that is not yet merged, I can't edit it because I just don't find it (supposedly i.e. find the open pull request).
Make additional commits to your branch which is under pull request and push these commits, the commits will get added to the pull request automatically.

Quote:
If I want to edit a file that already is merged, I cant edit it, because before editing, you need to open a pull request on that file,
Pull the recent changes from the ReaTeam repo into your local copy, then you can update the file and create a new pull request for it.

Some time ago I tried to write an introduction to version control / GitHub, maybe it helps...

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=189862

Last edited by nofish; 04-07-2018 at 02:49 PM.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 12:09 AM   #512
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Make additional commits to your branch which is under pull request and push these commits, the commits will get added to the pull request automatically.
Thanks a lot but I am failing to understand the wording and to find the appropriate "buttons". What is "my branch" and how to find and select exactly this ?
What is "additional commits". I want to edit a file, and I understand I can "commit" the changes, when they are typed in. But the problem is that I fail to open the text in edit mode. Once I somehow had been able to accomplish this, the rest seemd to work easily. But I don't know whether I messed something up in the structure.

Quote:
Pull the recent changes from the ReaTeam repo into your local copy, then you can update the file and create a new pull request for it.
I did understand that I need to do this to be able to do some editing. (Even though it sounds weired to first "Pull" and then "do a Pull Request".) But I did not find a "pull" button with a file that already is committed (by CFillion), and I did not find the file altogether, when it is not yet committed.

Quote:
Some time ago I tried to write an introduction to version control / GitHub, maybe it helps...

Great ! Thanks ! This at least provides several links to be followed.
I'll take a look....
-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 04-08-2018 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:09 AM   #513
nofish

You're welcome.

If you want we could go through some examples using the ReaTeam_GitPlayground repo I've set up for the other thread.
May be easier to do stuff in a small 'demo' repo (which is exactly its pupose) plus there's no need to worry to break anything.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:32 PM   #514
mschnell

Great, Thanks !

I'll try to do some lines tomorrow, and then try to edit ...

-Michael
Old 04-08-2018, 09:42 PM   #515
mschnell

OK.
- Found ReaTeam_GitPlayground
- I set it to be "watched"
- "New Pull Request" -> "Create new Pull request" is grayed. Me: "???"
- Alternative: "create new File" -> Editor. Me: Inputting some lines
- Commented and "Propose new file"
- "Create Pull request"
- existing comment is displayed. Me: edited same -> "comment and create pull request" (or similar)
- Seemingly done for now
- I closed the browser

Waiting for an email notification by github.
Seemingly not happening. (While I do get notifications from a new "ReaScript" project, very recently created and discussed.) Me: "???"

Wanting to edit the file
- -> github.com
- click "nofishfriday/...."
- No mentioning of the new file on this page. Me: "???" (Can't find a not yet committed file for intended editing.)

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 04-08-2018 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:21 AM   #516
nofish

@mschnell

Replied on the version control / GitHub thread.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:32 PM   #517
rluka

Hi All
Im getting this ReaPack error

Quote:
https://github.com/veto-gh/ReaPack/r...ter/index.xml:
HTTP response code said error (22): The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
Is this no longer valid (and should be removed) or this is not the correct address. I did a github search for veto-gh and nothing came up.

As a quick fix I just un-checked veto@ReaPAck in Manage Repositories

Is there a list of all the current links used in ReaPack?

Thanks
Ron L
Old 04-26-2018, 05:25 PM   #518
cfillion

This is (was?) Veto's repository. https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=200414

Disabling it from Manage repositories is correct. This keeps everything that you got installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rluka View Post
Is there a list of all the current links used in ReaPack?
There's a list of third-party repositories on this page (refreshed daily): https://reapack.com/repos.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:19 PM   #519
rluka

Quote:
This is (was?) Veto's repository. https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=200414

Disabling it from Manage repositories is correct. This keeps everything that you got installed.

There's a list of third-party repositories on this page (refreshed daily): https://reapack.com/repos.
THANKS
Ron L
Old 04-26-2018, 10:10 PM   #520
mschnell

Just wondering:

- why is this used / detected when browsing for entries (I thought those informations would be in the database)

- why is the problem not shown when refreshing (I supposed the online connections would be uses exactly with this action).

-Michael