Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 10-22-2020, 10:34 PM   #1
fretnoize
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper Ignoring read-only flag in windows when saving with "Move all media"

Bug: If files are marked read-only they are still moved into the project folder when saving with "Move all media into project directory" checked.

I have a project in its own folder that I'm using to build templates which are configured to save track items so I can import a sets of samples to use with various projects. Track Items are only referenced by the template, so I don't want to accidentally move those files into another folder, breaking the templates for further use. I flagged the project folder and files/subfolders under it to read-only to prevent accidentally moving the files being importing into other projects through the templates, but if I save with "Move all media into project directory" checked, then the files are moved, regardless of the read only flag. (I realize I can use "copy files into project directory", but I'm trying to fool proof this)

Ideally it'd be nice to be prompted with a dialog box to copy read-only files instead as it cycles through the files and also be given the option to say "yes to all"

Using:
Reaper 6.15 64bit, Win 10 64bit
fretnoize is offline   Reply With Quote