Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2020, 11:52 AM   #1441
Arlan
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 1
Default Reaper-jsfx.ini not present

Hi Herr Moss,

I am using Linux Mint 20 with latest JDK 15(see below version) with Reaper v6.15rc1 Linux and DrivenbyMoss4Reaper10.7.4 Linux

java version "15" 2020-09-15
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 15+36-1562)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 15+36-1562, mixed mode, sharing

Now I get the following message in the log :
Loading device INI files from /home/nelson/.config/REAPER ...
/home/nelson/.config/REAPER/reaper-jsfx.ini not present, skipped loading.

I have also tried the previous version 10.1.0 where this problem did not occur but that version freezed Reaper with JDK11 and also with JDK15

What could be the problem ?

regards,

Arlan
Arlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:49 AM   #1442
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by galileon View Post
yo there should be device id which is unique, how do U enumerate devices?
Yes, one would think that it works that way but sadly the Java MIDI API does not provide one.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:51 AM   #1443
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlan View Post
Hi Herr Moss,

I am using Linux Mint 20 with latest JDK 15(see below version) with Reaper v6.15rc1 Linux and DrivenbyMoss4Reaper10.7.4 Linux

java version "15" 2020-09-15
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 15+36-1562)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 15+36-1562, mixed mode, sharing

Now I get the following message in the log :
Loading device INI files from /home/nelson/.config/REAPER ...
/home/nelson/.config/REAPER/reaper-jsfx.ini not present, skipped loading.

I have also tried the previous version 10.1.0 where this problem did not occur but that version freezed Reaper with JDK11 and also with JDK15

What could be the problem ?

regards,

Arlan
This is only an info message and you can ignore it. It goes away if you once open the Reaper device browser and click on the JS section (then Reaper creates that file).
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 01:43 PM   #1444
Regisfofo
Human being with feelings
 
Regisfofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: France
Posts: 396
Default

10.7.4 is still crashing reaper at startup on windows 10 1903.
Regisfofo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 01:47 AM   #1445
machinesworking
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 118
Default

10.7.4 is not working on an 09 Mac Pro. It shows tracks on the LED but no buttons are lit up, and nothing responds. This is what the Controller log is showing when examining the Control Surface driver:

Quote:
Loading device INI files from /Users/machines/Library/Application Support/REAPER ...
/Users/machines/Library/Application Support/REAPER/reaper-fxfolders.ini not present, skipped loading.
/Users/machines/Library/Application Support/REAPER/reaper-jsfx.ini not present, skipped loading.
Ableton Push 2: Starting...
Ableton Push 2: Running.
Resending color palette entry #0 request.
Resending color palette entry #0 request.
Resending color palette entry #0 request.
Resending color palette entry #0 request.
Resending color palette entry #0 request.
Resending color palette entry #0 request.
Resending color palette entry #0 request.
Resending color palette entry #0 request.
Resending color palette entry #0 request.
Resending color palette entry #0 request.
Failed reading color palette entry #0. Gave up after 10 retries. Check selected MIDI in-/outputs.
Just so you know 10.7.4 for Bitwig works just fine so far.
machinesworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 01:22 AM   #1446
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 711
Default

DrivenByMoss 10.8.0 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Reaper 6.12+
  • All devices
    • New: Support for AU devices in browser on Macos.
    • Fixed: Resetting volumes sets them to 0dB (was -Inf) and pan to center (was full left).
  • APC40
    • Fixed: Changing tempo in combination with Shift button left the shift mode active.
  • Launchpad
    • Fixed: Crash when session mode was flipped and 8th row was active
    • Fixed: Session grid was off by 1 if 8th row was active and long press was used (also crashed on 1st row).
    • Fixed: Stop all clips button was missing in Shift mode on Pro models.
  • Maschine Mk3
    • Fixed: Scene, pattern and fixed velocity with encoder knob did behave erroneous.
  • MCU
    • Fixed: Page Up/Down (MCU MODE EQ / DYN) did not work.
  • SL Mk I + II
    • New: Show all tracks in volume mode (no need to switch between instrument/audio tracks and master).
    • Fixed: Crash in sequencer/play mode.
  • SL Mk III
    • New: Out of scale keys of the light guide can now also be lit in dark grey. Select Chromatic in the document settings.
    • Fixed: Switching modes did not work with single button presses.

Enjoy!
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 01:53 AM   #1447
Denise
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 5
Default

10.8.0 is still crashing reaper at startup on windows 10 2004 , apc Mini + Korg taktile
Denise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:37 AM   #1448
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise View Post
10.8.0 is still crashing reaper at startup on windows 10 2004 , apc Mini + Korg taktile
I created several variations of the stripped down jdk: http://mossgrabers.de/stuff/jdk-tests.zip

"jdk-reduced2" is the one which is currently included in DrivenByMoss.

Please try the different versions by replacing the content of "java-runtime" with the content of the respective folder.
At least the "jdk-reduced0-all" should work since it is uncompressed and contains all modules.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 02:30 PM   #1449
Vincent Sermonne
Human being with feelings
 
Vincent Sermonne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Marseille France
Posts: 6,513
Default

none works for me, or I did not understand correctly ... Reaper crashes without opening

edit: after updating java and with jdk test0, push 1 works again! thank you !
__________________
Vincent
http://www.tchackpoum.fr

Last edited by Vincent Sermonne; Yesterday at 05:04 AM.
Vincent Sermonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 04:34 PM   #1450
machinesworking
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinesworking View Post
10.7.4 is not working on an 09 Mac Pro. It shows tracks on the LED but no buttons are lit up, and nothing responds. This is what the Controller log is showing when examining the Control Surface driver:



Just so you know 10.7.4 for Bitwig works just fine so far.
Hey Moss. So something in the newer versions changes the MIDI settings in the Reaper Control Surface etc. Changing it to Push2 Live instead of some random controller in my setup, fixes my issue.
machinesworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:00 AM   #1451
Denise
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 5
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
I created several variations of the stripped down jdk: http://mossgrabers.de/stuff/jdk-tests.zip

"jdk-reduced2" is the one which is currently included in DrivenByMoss.

Please try the different versions by replacing the content of "java-runtime" with the content of the respective folder.
At least the "jdk-reduced0-all" should work since it is uncompressed and contains all modules.
"jdk-reduced0" works fine at the moment !! thankss :-)
Denise is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.