Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 03-01-2017, 10:53 AM   #1
wjmwpg
Human being with feelings

Default Themes/Layouts with Send Level directly visible/changeable in TCP?

Hi,
Just wondering if anybody knows of any Themes (and/or Layouts) that I may have missed that have a Send Level directly accessible as a track control in the TCP?
Cheers.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:16 AM   #2
DarkStar

Not possible, as far as I know.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:22 AM   #3
wjmwpg

Bummer, but thanks for saving me from the endless frustration of trying to figure out how to do it.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:17 PM   #4
wjmwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Not possible, as far as I know.
Do you think such a small specific thing is a worth a feature request, or would I just be farting into the wind?
Old 03-01-2017, 12:28 PM   #5
Tomm

Actually if you use a level plugin, expose the parameter as a knob, and have the output of that sent to another track, that would almost do the same exact thing...

this gives to you the added beneifit of being able to send from anywhere in the FX chain, and also see metering of that send if desired
Tomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:29 PM   #6
wjmwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomm View Post
Actually if you use a level plugin, expose the parameter as a knob, and have the output of that sent to another track, that would almost do the same exact thing...
Hmmm . . . I'm not sure I'm understanding you 100%. Wouldn't that also affect the level that the track's audio is sending out to the Master Send?

EDIT: Ohhhh . . . I think I get it. I haven't spent much time yet toying with the ability to specify plugin routing . . . Would this plugin still then pass audio through the rest of the track (i.e. to its fader and then out to the Master Send), without affecting its level?

Last edited by wjmwpg; 03-01-2017 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Correction
wjmwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:46 PM   #7
Tomm

No, in this case, only channels 1 and 2 go to the master, 3 and 4 only go to the "verb".

Also note, you can change the name of the parameter from "Adjustment (db)" to something like "to verb".

One issue may be that you now have an additional fader in the mixer that also adjusts the send level... this is one reason why I say it's "almost" exactly the same thing, it's a little more setup and can be a little confusing
Old 03-01-2017, 12:51 PM   #8
wjmwpg

Thanks again Tomm. I'll play around with this a bit later today and see how it feels.

Kinda crazy that you can put just about any FX parameter control in the TCP, but not a knob for the Send Level itself!
Old 03-01-2017, 03:12 PM   #9
wjmwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomm View Post
Actually if you use a level plugin, expose the parameter as a knob, and have the output of that sent to another track, that would almost do the same exact thing... this gives to you the added beneifit of being able to send from anywhere in the FX chain, and also see metering of that send if desired
This seems to completely achieve what I'm after Tomm. Thanks. *EDIT* and come to think of it, this is really super cool because it allows me to place my send anywhere within my FX chain! Sweet!

For some reason I can't get my JS: Volume Adj plug to show 4 in 4 out like in your image, despite changing my track routing to Parent Channels 1-4 and Track Channels to 4 - as you can see in my image.

My only lingering question (based on my Reaper noobieness I'm sure) is that I can't understand how, based on my routing (as seen in my image below) the JS: Volume Adj plugin is still passing the audio through on channels 1+2 when the only output for the plugin I've specified is out track channels 3+4. As you can hopefully make-out in my image below, my audio is on track 3 and I'm sending that audio through the JS: Volume Adj plugin's 3+4 track channel outputs to track 5 my "GTR FX Bus". I have not specified any output from the JS: Volume Adj plugin to track channels 1+2. Which is what I think I should have to do to continue to have the audio pass through the rest of track 3's signal flow . . .

In my mind, based on the signal flow as I understand it, the audio from my track 3 item is passing through any Volume or Pan PreFX Envelopes, and then hitting the insert FX (which in this case is only the JS: Volume Adj). The JS: Volume Adj is receiving this incoming audio from track channels 1+2, and based on my routing is only outputting the audio to track channels 3+4, which go to my send to track 5. In my mind, based on how this is routed there should be no more audio continuing out of the JS: Volume Adj plugin to any further plugins listening on track channels 1+2 of track 3 below the JS: Volume Adj, through them and on to the fader, and eventually out to the Master Send. If the only routing I've set up coming out of the JS: Volume Adj plugin is to track channels 3+4, and those channels are routed only to my send going to track 5, how is there still audio coming out of everything that follows the JS: Volume Adj plugin on track 3?

I'm sure I'm missing something.

Last edited by wjmwpg; 03-01-2017 at 03:30 PM. Reason: more ideas . . .
wjmwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:22 PM   #10
Tomm

It's by design so you can do this sorta parallel fx processing thing, otherwise how would you route unaffected signal around this plugin?

I agree the plugin-pin connector window could make this more clear graphically.

As for you not seeing 4x4 pins like mine, I think mine is an older version (technically this plugin does not input/output anything on channels 3&4, so those columns need not be there)
Old 03-01-2017, 05:41 PM   #11
wjmwpg

Thank you so much for the explanation with graphic Tomm. Makes total sense. I apologize if this is something explained in the manual. I am currently working through it front to back, but have only gotten to page 60-ish so far because I keep getting distracted… by things like this.

And as I said before, this "work-around" to get a Send Level knob in the TCP is even better than actually being able to put the Send Level knob in the TCP. Many times while working in Logic I wanted to place my send somewhere in the middle of my effects chain but that was not possible without creating multiple sends on multiple tracks. So I'm really thrilled with this solution.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:30 AM   #12
shady

helping me out big in 2020
Old 05-03-2020, 11:51 AM   #13
permeke

ok , it's working for me but this should be a standard thing, just mirroring the sends from MCP to TCP.
Now we have an extra FX ( volume adjuster) in the MCP.

next update ?

Last edited by permeke; 05-03-2020 at 12:42 PM.
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:23 PM   #14
Ericson

Is added in the current dev build, check it out.
Ericson is offline   Reply With Quote