Old 01-16-2006, 09:16 PM   #1
neueWelt
Human being with feelings

Default Track Name Error

Hi guys,
Everything in REAPER seemes to be working great for me except one small error/bug I encounter when I try to enter a track name. It seems that every so often while I am typing the track name, the curser will reset to the beginning of the name and continue typing there. This causes many mistyped names when I am not paying attention. It seems to always do this after a pause for a moment and sometimes in the middle of a word. It's not a make it or break it problem but I though I'd put it our there in the true spirit of beta testing. Thanks a lot for the great software and keep it coming.
neueWelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:07 PM   #2
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by neueWelt
Hi guys,
Everything in REAPER seemes to be working great for me except one small error/bug I encounter when I try to enter a track name. It seems that every so often while I am typing the track name, the curser will reset to the beginning of the name and continue typing there. This causes many mistyped names when I am not paying attention. It seems to always do this after a pause for a moment and sometimes in the middle of a word. It's not a make it or break it problem but I though I'd put it our there in the true spirit of beta testing. Thanks a lot for the great software and keep it coming.
Thanks for the feedback, about to fix it

[edit: I silently updated 0.45, get it again ]

-Justin

Last edited by Justin; 01-16-2006 at 10:26 PM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:28 PM   #3
neueWelt
Human being with feelings

Thanks a lot for the fixing it so quickly. It seems to be working great now. The development speed is great on this project, especially for a single developer. Just out of curiosity, what language are you writing REAPER in?
neueWelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:47 PM   #4
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by neueWelt
Thanks a lot for the fixing it so quickly. It seems to be working great now. The development speed is great on this project, especially for a single developer. Just out of curiosity, what language are you writing REAPER in?
Well, in general being a single developer (or nearly so in my case) actually benefits speed, when the developer can devote the majority of his time to it.. anyway, REAPER is written in C++, but without use of any toolkits (other than various audio related SDKs and my own WDL, which is a somewhat STLish bunch of reusable code I've written).

-Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote