Old 10-28-2017, 03:53 AM   #41
lajibe
Human being with feelings

Hi,
I use the MCU klinke control surface mode, and i'm really impressed and grateful. It's really nice work and it help a lot. Thanks.

I have two question about MCU Klinke mode. I use it with a Icon platform D and i emulate a Display.

1 - The track quick jump function doesn't seems to work. Has someone had the same problem?

2 - Is there any possibility to change the fader bank by selecting a track in reaper? With the regular MCU control surface mode, when i select a track, the fader bank change. But With klinke plugins i can only change the bank by pressing the bank button. Is there an option in reaper or MCU option to choose this?
lajibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:44 AM   #42
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lajibe View Post
2 - Is there any possibility to change the fader bank by selecting a track in reaper? With the regular MCU control surface mode, when i select a track, the fader bank change. But With klinke plugins i can only change the bank by pressing the bank button. Is there an option in reaper or MCU option to choose this?
Yes, you need to enable "Follow REAPER" option in Klinke's plugin (see the manual).
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:07 PM   #43
lajibe

Oh, ok thanks for the quick reply

And i also have a problem while recording. When i set the record mode on "auto-punch selected item", and start the recording with the rec button of the control surface, it automatcally go back to normal record mode.

Anyone had the same problem?
Old 10-29-2017, 04:00 PM   #44
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by lajibe View Post
Oh, ok thanks for the quick reply

And i also have a problem while recording. When i set the record mode on "auto-punch selected item", and start the recording with the rec button of the control surface, it automatcally go back to normal record mode.

Anyone had the same problem?
Yes, this is a known issue. You must select the record mode via the MCU, not via Reaper. At the time I developed this, I didn't found a better solution.

I will test the Quick Jump tomorrow, but can you be more specific with you error description? Maybe you expect something else as I implemented.
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:37 AM   #45
lajibe

Oh ok thanks. true, it was written in small on the manual also, i didn't see it before. Thanks for the quick reply.

My problem with the quick jump it's that sometime they disapear.
I use the track setting editor to put 8 quick jump in my session, and it works, but sometimes when i want to use them and the list is suddenly empty.
Maybe there is a conflict with an other from my shortcuts or midi message but until now i didn't found what was the cause of this problem. And maybe it's because i don't use a Mackie control, but an other surface control (platform M+). Anyway, It's not so a big problem, and i can use my surface control waaaaay better with your plugin than without. Many thanks for it. It is really nice from you to share this big work with us.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:25 PM   #46
Klinke

I know one possible cause for losing the settings: When you open the control surface dialog while the song is already loaded, the MCU extension will be restarted without getting the information stored in the project file. So it's a good idea to save/close your song before opening the dialog, and then reload it after closing the dialog.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:43 AM   #47
cjewellstudios

Hey Klinke,

I've been reading through this forum and the manual. What I can't find too much documentation on is the original MCU driver for Reaper or even Geoff Waddingtons version. So my questions sort of deal with your csurf compared to the other ones. Hopefully you can help, thanks for making an awesome extension.

Questions;

1. Your extension has an option to have the mcu follow mixer visibility. Do you know if the regular one does this?

2. The actions you made to have either a keyboard key or midi button act as mcu buttons, are those proprietary to your csurf or will other csurfs recognize them as well.

I ask because I was looking at getting 16 channels and I understand yours does not do that. I do know the older version of your extension does, but the mcu device I was planning on getting doesn't have all the buttons necessary and from what I can tell, I suspect those "button actions" only work with .8 and later.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:06 PM   #48
Klinke

1. I don't know
2. No, the actions are handled by my extension, other extensions don't know anything about this

For your 16 channels problem: Maybe you can use the 2nd controller workaround as described in section 2.2 in the manual.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:19 PM   #49
cjewellstudios

I've read about the second controller hack in the manual.

It seems they don't "talk to eachother" though?

That part got a little murky for me.

Can they act as channel 1-16? And then if i subsequently hide a bunch of tracks will it then layout the tracks in order? Say I have a button to show just drum tracks and there are 10 of them. Does it show up correctly?

Either way, your extension is cool as hell. Thanks for your time.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:27 PM   #50
Klinke

You can offset the shown channels on the second controller by one bank (= eight channels), so this works as long as there are enough channels visible. At the moment you switch to a view with max. 8 channels, the second controller will automatically also show only those 8 channels and when there are more channels are visible again, you must press the bank offset button again. It's not really easy to explain, I think the best solution is to try it yourself.

And play around with the folder tracks and the quick jump feature, maybe you will detect that one controller is good enough when you utilize those features.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:29 PM   #51
cjewellstudios

Oh ok!

That's awesome then. You totally cleared that up for me. Looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks again.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:42 AM   #52
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
Yes, this is a known issue. You must select the record mode via the MCU, not via Reaper. At the time I developed this, I didn't found a better solution.
Hey Klinke, Im using an Icon Qcon Pro, and even when I select the record mode via the Qcon, and not in Reaper, as soon as I hit record on my Qcon, Reapers record mode gets reset to "normal"

Any way to fix this?
Old 07-17-2018, 04:07 AM   #53
Mc Green

Default First fader on my x-touch doesnt work.

I have a brand new x-touch and installed it on both my xr-18 and my PC with Reaper.
Everything works fine except one very irritating issue.
The first channels fader never send anything to Reaper, all knobs works fine, but not the fader. When I move the fader in Reaper the first channel fader on x-touch just go all the way up or down. If I change page it is always channel 1 on x-touch that looks dead in Reaper.
This is not a special Klinke problem, it happends even when I run Mackie dll.
Been searching this forum and others but nothing....
In this video on YT the problem is explained, but no solution.
https://youtu.be/sFqawcdsCFs

Last edited by Mc Green; 07-17-2018 at 09:09 AM.
Mc Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:47 AM   #54
Mc Green

Today my new x-touch arrived. I updated the firmware and hooked it up with my xr-18 and my ReaperPC. Everything works and i can flip between xr-18 and my DAW by pushing only one button.
Case closed!
Mc Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:42 PM   #55
poetnprophet

Hello, I have an Icon Qcon Pro X. I like using folder mode, but there is no Global View button to return to the folder tracks.

How can I make a work around? It also seems I'm not able to assign any actions to any leftover buttons like F1-8? They don't register in the actions menu.
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:33 PM   #56
nofish

I don't know the Qcon Pro X, if you can freely assign buttons there.
This worked for me on the BCR2000 emulating the Global view button:

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...24&postcount=3
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:48 PM   #57
dixo

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
Hello, I have an Icon Qcon Pro X. I like using folder mode, but there is no Global View button to return to the folder tracks.

How can I make a work around? It also seems I'm not able to assign any actions to any leftover buttons like F1-8? They don't register in the actions menu.
Hi poetnprophet,

I too have a Qcon Pro that I use with the Klinke MCU extension, although I haven't been using it so much lately. I worked around the missing "Global View" button by mapping the F12 key on my PC keyboard to that function. Unfortunately, I seem to remember that the few unused buttons on the Qcon could not be remapped. Or at least it could not be done when I last looked at it, quite a while ago.

Some additional info may be found in this thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=147209

Cheers, Dixo
dixo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 03:29 PM   #58
Faderjockey

I know I asked long ago and not even sure it was talked about been a while..
But has anyone had a fix using the X-Touch and having the MCU Editor work when you try to hide MCU channels? Back when I used a MCU Pro that feature worked but with X-Touch I can't seem to get that to work. Anchor works fine but hiding channels doesn't.

Thanks
Faderjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:00 PM   #59
poetnprophet

Hi, thanks for the quick responses. I read through those links, I forgot that there are actions for MCU functions, so I'll have to check those later. If I can get the global view assigned to the keyboard, that would certainly help and I could effectively use folder mode.

It is a bummer I can't assign any unused buttons to actions, though.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:04 AM   #60
Klinke

I'm currently working on a new version (but the progress is really slow) and it's likely that I will pass in this version the unused buttons to Reaper (but it isn't implemented yet). So stay tuned.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:39 AM   #61
Faderjockey

Great
Faderjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:27 PM   #62
poetnprophet

Quote:
I'm currently working on a new version (but the progress is really slow) and it's likely that I will pass in this version the unused buttons to Reaper (but it isn't implemented yet). So stay tuned.
Wow! That is very very good to hear.
Is it ok to ask, can you also please re-implement for an extender and add back the fader offset setting? I'm currently using 6.4 and really miss folder mode and the other improvements that are in ver 8
Old 09-20-2018, 03:14 PM   #63
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
Wow! That is very very good to hear.
Is it ok to ask, can you also please re-implement for an extender and add back the fader offset setting? I'm currently using 6.4 and really miss folder mode and the other improvements that are in ver 8
It is ok to ask, but I'm sorry to say that I this will not part of the update (and it's also unlikly that I will implement this in the future, it's to much work for a feature I don't have any need for). I plan to support send-automation and add some small improvements, but in overall this will not a big update.
Old 11-02-2018, 03:49 PM   #64
Dehenry

I am using Klinke MCU with the X-Touch. For some time now when in plugin mode and moving a fader or VPOT, all scribble displays change their view to show the track name, plugin name and parameter name in long form across all scribble displays for a few seconds and then switch back to show short-form parameter assignments for each channel. I would prefer that only the scribble display of the channel where I move the fader/VPOT changes its view to show the parameter value instead of the (short) parameter name as long as the value is being changed. This is how the X-Touch behaved until some time ago. Not sure what changed this. Can anyone tell me how to get back to per-channel view? In Logic there is a setting for showing or not showing long parameter names on the MCU, but this option doesn't seem to exist in Klinke's MCU.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:14 AM   #65
Stew

I've recently upgraded my old BCF2000 to an X-Touch. All working really well with Klinke's excellent plugin. Couple of questions/points:

1) Action Mode: does anyone have a list of what Klinke's default V-Pot mappings are? I'm not sure that I've imported them correctly.

[I think I've imported the actions as per the manual, overwriting the old ones I'd made for the BCF. I only have two banks now (titled 'rotati' (sic) and 'item'); banks/pages 3-8 appear blank.

Finding the shortcut with the Reaper Action dialog shows FX parameters 1-16 are mapped (for v-pot [only] and v-pot[+shift]) for bank 1. Nothing for banks 2-8.

And the text display still shows the old ones I'd made for the BCF. Will I need to update this manually, to reflect Klinke's defaults, or should that update itself if I do it right?]

2) Global actions: I've found mapping the buttons to markers 9-16 pretty useful as they sit right above F1-8 which deal with markers.

I think it'll take me a little while to decide what to map to the various other combos. What have people found useful with the X-Touch?

3) If there is any future update for the plugin, could the 'group' button - currently unused I think - be mapped to Latch Preview perhaps?

4) Does anyone have an overlay for the X-Touch?

Anyway, it's a fabulous piece of work, still going strong after over a decade. Thankyou Klinke!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:51 PM   #66
Gass n Klang

Default Adjust Mixer Settings

hey guys,
two questions regarding the "adjust mixer" settings (hold shift + option to see)
1) What is the difference between "don't adjust" and "show all"?
2) If I'm in folder mode I can't open folders when using the "hide non MCU" setting. Any hints?
Gass n Klang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:03 PM   #67
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
1) Action Mode: does anyone have a list of what Klinke's default V-Pot mappings are? I'm not sure that I've imported them correctly.
The default mappings are meant as an example, but I just looked into the Action.xml file in the downloadable zip and this seems to be nearly empty and strange. I will check this the next time I sit on my windows computer.

Quote:
3) If there is any future update for the plugin, could the 'group' button - currently unused I think - be mapped to Latch Preview perhaps?
I assume "Latch Preview" is a new automation mode? Do be honest I don't use Reaper a lot in the last years. How does it work?

Quote:
Anyway, it's a fabulous piece of work, still going strong after over a decade. Thankyou Klinke!
Thanks a lot for this kind words (and for the donation)
Old 01-10-2019, 06:09 PM   #68
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
1) What is the difference between "don't adjust" and "show all"?
"show all" adjusts the mixer by unhideing all hidden channels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
2) If I'm in folder mode I can't open folders when using the "hide non MCU" setting. Any hints?
I will try to reproduce this the next time I open Reaper.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:42 AM   #69
rothchild

Quote:
. I plan to support send-automation and add some small improvements, but in overall this will not a big update.
Great news! Send automation is a biggie for me so this would be most welcome, if the small improvements include the mcu reflecting the fader level whilst recording automation I'd be completely made up.
rothchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:57 AM   #70
BioMannequin

Default User plugmaps directory

Hi Klinke

Thanks for much for this. I just got an ICON Qcon g2 and it's going great.

I have a couple of questions.
a) When making a map for an FX plugin, I seem to be able to map the faders but not the pots. I can learn the pots and assign them to a parameter but when I move them they don't affect the plugin at all. Am I missing something?

b)I can't find my MCU/Plugmaps folder. I'm on a company machine for the studio I work at there is something to do with the way the C drive is synced with the network that I sometimes have trouble writing to my documents from within programs. Maybe this is the issue, but when I create a new map it DOES save it! It appears in my list of maps in the save dialog, and it is saving the settings I map in. So it must be somewhere, I just can't find it. Any ideas? Is there a way to move this directory manually?

Thanks
BioMannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 03:27 AM   #71
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMannequin View Post
a) When making a map for an FX plugin, I seem to be able to map the faders but not the pots. I can learn the pots and assign them to a parameter but when I move them they don't affect the plugin at all. Am I missing something?
The pots are for discrete parameters only, and you must learn each value for this parameter. E.g. in the case that the parameter select the Osc Waveform. you must select every Waveform while learning.

Quote:
b)I can't find my MCU/Plugmaps folder. I'm on a company machine for the studio I work at there is something to do with the way the C drive is synced with the network that I sometimes have trouble writing to my documents from within programs. Maybe this is the issue, but when I create a new map it DOES save it! It appears in my list of maps in the save dialog, and it is saving the settings I map in. So it must be somewhere, I just can't find it. Any ideas? Is there a way to move this directory manually?
The folder is in the Documents folder of your account, the complete path is C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Reaper\MCU\PlugMaps . This can not be changed, but you can create a symbolic link (see e.g. https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/1622...dows-or-linux/), so that this folder is just a link to another one, which can be on the location you prefer.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:27 AM   #72
BioMannequin

Thanks so much Klinke.
I've got the pots controlling discrete EQ params now and all working nicely!
And thanks you I've found the folder now for plugmaps. I was looking for documents/MCU rather than documents/reaper/MCU as that's what is says in the user manual (or at least the version I have).

Thanks again
BioMannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 04:56 PM   #73
Klinke

Quote:
I was looking for documents/MCU rather than documents/reaper/MCU as that's what is says in the user manual (or at least the version I have).
Ups, yes, there is a mistake in the user manual. Thanks for the hint.
Old 10-10-2023, 03:08 PM   #74
Flix

Sorry to necro this thread but I'm having real trouble mapping my VPots to FX controls with the Klinke extension, and this point seems relevant:

Quote:
The pots are for discrete parameters only, and you must learn each value for this parameter. E.g. in the case that the parameter select the Osc Waveform. you must select every Waveform while learning.
I understand the above. However, my question is: How do I select a VPot to be the target of the Learn? Every time I tick the "Learn" checkbox, the Fader parameter box turns red rather than the VPot parameter box. If I move a discrete parameter, that then gets assigned to the fader rather than the VPot. If I move the discrete parameter first and then check the "Learn" checkbox, it's still the Fader parameter box that turns red and learns. Clicking the VPot box (again before or after checking "Learn") doesn't change anything - it's still the Fader that gets targeted.

I have once or twice managed to get the VPot box to highlight red and learn a discrete parameter, but I have no idea how I did it and can't reproduce it.

I must be missing something simple but I'd be extremely grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.
Flix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 02:08 AM   #75
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flix View Post
Sorry to necro this thread but I'm having real trouble mapping my VPots to FX controls with the Klinke extension, and this point seems relevant:

I understand the above. However, my question is: How do I select a VPot to be the target of the Learn?
It's totally fine to necro this thread for questions ;-)

The following should work:
- Activate Learn
- Press the VPot that you want to assign
- Change the parameter in the plugin (and select every possible value)
Old 10-12-2023, 06:27 AM   #76
Flix

Quote:
The following should work:
- Activate Learn
- Press the VPot that you want to assign
- Change the parameter in the plugin (and select every possible value)
This works perfectly - I was missing the middle step. I thought it was all done via the dialog.

As I suspected, I was missing something very simple, and I feel silly for not trying that

Anyway thank you Klinke! And thank you for this awesome extension which has made my mixing process much more efficient
Flix is offline   Reply With Quote