Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 01-15-2017, 07:37 PM   #1
RunBeerRun
Human being with feelings

Default Possible 2 B8URN a CD without region COPY stuff ?

Hey, I hope the thread title was amusing . Anyhow- I am a long-time Reaper user, and I understand its cd burning stuff, but -

I have a portable cd player from the brand ONN and it just won't play homemade cd's, such as of course my own music . Are there any variables that Reaper can attempt to override country region stuff ? I think that may be the ONN cd's thing, it was pretty cheap. Thanks !
Old 01-16-2017, 03:26 AM   #2
The Byre

It has nothing to do with regions - that's DVDs and BR only - it is the CD player. Some of the cheaper and very old models just did not play CD-Rs.

You can check if that is the problem, by trying to play the CD on a modern player. If it still does not play, then you have not created a so-called 'Orange-Book' CD (similar to Red-Book, but for CD-Rs) properly.
The Byre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:36 PM   #3
SonicAxiom

Some old players may not accept CD-Rs from certain brands. Laser pickup system of old players is sometimes not compatible with the light reflecting properties of burned CDs. However, it might be worth trying CD-RW (rewritable). Those have different reflection indices. But as The Byre stated, some old players won't play any burned CD.
SonicAxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:29 PM   #4
DVDdoug

And just FYI, it isn't possible to make a homemade copy-protected DVD or Blu-Ray disc either. There's a huge licensing fee and I don't know of any "home" software that has it.

Some DVD authoring applications will set a copy protection flag to be used by the replication house (who will have the license to add the copy protection) but the flag itself doesn't protect the DVD. (I think the flag goes in the ISO file, rather than on the DVD.)

P.S.
Most DVD & Blu-Ray players will play a "data" CD with WAV or MP3 files so if it plays on your DVD player that doesn't "prove" you've got a red-book/orange-book CD.

Last edited by DVDdoug; 01-16-2017 at 03:34 PM.
DVDdoug is offline   Reply With Quote