Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 03-30-2021, 05:01 AM   #1
DaniloVillanova
Human being with feelings

Default Drag and drop from ME to 3rd party plugins broken in Linux

I’m in AVLinux MXE. Tried with Sitala, Fabla (native) and Poise (LinVst). Works fine with RS5K.
DaniloVillanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 04:54 AM   #2
Held

I have the same issue. I would really love to get this fixed. Using Sitala is really tedious if you have to use the file browser to select samples.
Held is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 08:28 AM   #3
mike@overtonedsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held View Post
I have the same issue. I would really love to get this fixed. Using Sitala is really tedious if you have to use the file browser to select samples.
Not sure if this is related, but I just installed Ubuntu 21.04 and drag and drop seems to be horribly broken generally - I can't drag files from the file browser (nautilus) into anything else other than another file window. So, e.g. I can't drag audio into Reaper (or any other DAW) or images into GIMP for example. I'm embarrassed to say that I can't figure out if this is an intentional GNOME / Ubuntu feature or just a terrible bug. It seems to be related to a desire to prevent users from dragging files onto the desktop (because its not like anyone would want to do that... obviously.. ). So it may not be a Reaper specific bug (at least on Ubuntu). Its a pity that it doesn't work - because everything else was fine, just a standard Ubuntu install, no special tweaks, plugged in an audio interface, and started up Reaper

Last edited by mike@overtonedsp; 06-25-2021 at 08:35 AM.
mike@overtonedsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 09:29 AM   #4
Held

I'm testing Bitwig at the moment, and drag and drop from Dolphin (KDE's file browser) works there perfectly but not in REAPER. So it's not a Linux issue.

But dragging into a VST from Bitwig's media explorer doesn't work either.
Held is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 11:16 AM   #5
mike@overtonedsp

Sounds like there are a few different but similar issues then. I think the problem I'm seeing with drag and drop generally on 21.04 is actually a Wayland / XWayland thing (21.04 defaults to Wayland) because it works fine on 20.04 unless I select Ubuntu on Wayland when I log in, in which case it breaks in just the same way as it does on 21.04. Whereas with Xorg as the default it works fine
mike@overtonedsp is offline   Reply With Quote