Old 11-06-2006, 03:48 PM   #1
sinkmusic
Human being with feelings

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain
Default midi learn, plugins, reaper

1- Some plugins comes with midi learn. So, if a track is enabled to receive midi messages, midi learn should work (not thank to the host, but from within the plugin interface).
In Reaper, i noticed some plugins do not receive midi messages when midi learn is engaged :

- the free synth Iblit works ok (you enable midi learn on the synth's gui, turn a knob on the gui, then one on your controller, it's done) ;

- But, for example, the free eq Pushtec doesn't respond to midi learn : you right click on a knob on the plugin's gui, it display a message like "waiting for midi", and when you turn a knob on your controller noting happens... Same with Camelcrusher and other plugins.

- I tried with Pushtec wrapped in Ext, and it crashed Reaper (i kept te bug report, just ask if needed).

Could someone try on his machine to see if midi learn works with Pushtec or Camelcrusher ? Does midi learn work with other plugins ?

2-another "issue" i noticed : the master track isn't configured to receive incoming midi message, so it seems that we can't make any midi learn to the effects we run on this track, right ?
Well, i know Reaper isn't not mature on the midi side, but i just realized this. Not that important, but for real-time mastering/mixdown, using midi automation is really exciting, just like using hardware.

Last edited by sinkmusic; 11-06-2006 at 03:50 PM.
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:17 PM   #2
cyberturbo
Human being with feelings

Like you said Iblit worked fine on my end too but could not get Camelcrusher to work whatsoever.
cyberturbo is offline   Reply With Quote