Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 03-19-2020, 06:25 PM   #1
Colox
Human being with feelings

Default Child tracks don't fold right no more. Why?

I am suffering a sudden new problem with defining the correct track height for child tracks.

Child tracks, under a parent track, can be 'folded', by clicking the folder button. When you 'fold' them, they are still shown, but only at half of their normal track height.

If you click the folder button again, my child tracks gets folded and compressed so tight that I cannot see the tracks any more. Instead I see a visual indication of that there are folded child tracks at that location, but I can't see the tracks themselves.

If there is only one child track there, then it disappears, and the only thing telling me that there is a hidden child track there, is a noticeably thicker bottom of the parent track.

If I press the folder button again, the child tracks opens up and are again shown in their full track height.

This is the way I want it, and this is the way it has been for me ..

.. until a 4 days ago. From then until today, I can no longer fold child tracks in a way that they become so compressed that I can barely see them. I can fold them from their full track height to be displayed showing only half their track height. But when I press the folder icon again, there is no change. They are still shown the same way as before, half their normal track height. When I press the folder icon yet again, the fold out normally to full track height.

This behaviour has changes for me in all projects, new as well as old projects. I do not know which parameter regulates this third level of track height compression for child tracks, but I suspect this setting has somehow been fecked up.

I am using a very custom theme, and I haven't updated anything substantial on my system, except for 3 EEL plugins and 2 third party plugins.

I could use some tips in identifying how to properly set and control the track height settings for folded and unfolded child tracks.

Thanks

Last edited by Colox; 03-24-2020 at 01:40 AM.
Colox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 01:45 AM   #2
Colox
Human being with feelings

Seems I found the problem:

In my custom theme rtconfig file, the topmost parameter is this one:

"Version 6 ;"

Seems this may have been changed from "Version 5", which I know it was before. Might this have changed because I saved the theme in a V6 of Reaper recently?

Anyway, if I change it back to "Version 5", then folding works as expected - or as I need it to - again.

But I can't seem to learn what function that the "Version" parameter performs, in the rtconfig file? Clearly it does something. If anyone knows this, please don't hesitate to tell or link me to that info.

Thanks.