Old 08-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
YSF
Human being with feelings

Default Armor v4 theme?

How about a vers 4 update for the armor themes. These have been my favorite themes do date.
Cockos Reaper, Roland TD20s, Custom core i7 920 system, Addictive Drums 1.5, Battery 3, EZDrummer w/multiple EZX's, Superior 2.2, Pro53, Dynamo, Waldorf Wave 2.x, Sonic Projects OP-X, Art Vera Golden ASAT, Vember Audio Surge, Imposcar, Peavey Revalver 3 HP, Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonik Synth 2,Steven Slate Drums Platinum 3.5, Sampletank 2.5 SE, AAS Ultra Analog, Line 6 Variax 300, Ibanez Roadgear 500, Tama Rockstar,Vox Tonelab LE, SE Electronics Z5600, Etc....
YSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
Jeahvel

Default Here here...

I'll second that request...
Jeahvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
minerman

I'd love to have it too, especially the "blue" version he made....
minerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:36 AM   #4
arkima

Hey Guys,

I've been a bit busy atm but I'll try to get some updates done for v4... I can't promise how long it may take although I really would love to share a new version of Armor.

Anyway, if there are any thoughts for layouts or things you'd love to see and use please feel free to ask. I will try and do my best.

Oh and if there's anything you'd like changed that you might find gets in the way visually for your workflow/use...

Nice to know this theme is still being used - Thank you

A
arkima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:33 AM   #5
Jeahvel

Default I can breathe now...

Thanks for posting the reply Arkima. I'll be looking forward to you releasing your new versions when you have the opportunity.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #6
YSF

Default Well since you asked.....

I love the Armor 00a version. So much so I am still using in on ver 4. Its easy on the eyes and the color of the layout makes everything easy to find.

The only things I would like to see you add are some of the Mixer options like sidebar and dual panning. And I like the little tab that allows you to pull up mixer window settings from the master track.
Cockos Reaper, Roland TD20s, Custom core i7 920 system, Addictive Drums 1.5, Battery 3, EZDrummer w/multiple EZX's, Superior 2.2, Pro53, Dynamo, Waldorf Wave 2.x, Sonic Projects OP-X, Art Vera Golden ASAT, Vember Audio Surge, Imposcar, Peavey Revalver 3 HP, Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonik Synth 2,Steven Slate Drums Platinum 3.5, Sampletank 2.5 SE, AAS Ultra Analog, Line 6 Variax 300, Ibanez Roadgear 500, Tama Rockstar,Vox Tonelab LE, SE Electronics Z5600, Etc....
Old 08-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #7
MattCiessan

personally I think the armor themes are a better look for reaper and they should consider them for the defaults. will definitely look forward to a new version of it =)
MattCiessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #8
XITE-1/4LIVE

Ladies & Gentlemen..................Man Or Myth...............Arkima
Ankyu
Old 08-10-2011, 12:33 AM   #9
arkima

Quote:
Originally Posted by XITE-1/4LIVE View Post
Ladies & Gentlemen..................Man Or Myth...............Arkima
Ankyu
"Man"... Well, trying to follow though

Upgrading to Windows7 Pro x64 tonight... Yay!/Boo! (-not sure yet)

Hopefully this will improve 2D performance on my pc. On xp with and nVidia 2 series card - my machine has been struggling with Inkscape and some window redraw etc... So, hopefully

Thanks YSF I actually thought the aqua was quite a good main colour. So, I'll bear you feedback in mind.

Cheers everyone! Have taken all on board and will keep trying...
Old 08-10-2011, 06:25 AM   #10
Jeahvel

Default These things and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSF View Post
The only things I would like to see you add are some of the Mixer options like sidebar and dual panning. And I like the little tab that allows you to pull up mixer window settings from the master track.
Please include (if you can) the MONO button in the Master Track...that's a handy item...
Old 08-10-2011, 07:58 AM   #11
YSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeahvel View Post
Please include (if you can) the MONO button in the Master Track...that's a handy item...
Yeah what he said. LOL. Thats a nice feature too.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:44 AM   #12
Sambo Rouge

Arkima,

Recently discovered Armor and it has gone to the head of the class as my favourite.

Very classy --- highly readable --- lovely piece of work.

When you have time, please do give us an updated version for v4, but don't lose any of its great visual qualities.

Thank you so much for your hard work.
Sambo Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #13
MattCiessan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkima View Post
Thanks YSF I actually thought the aqua was quite a good main colour. So, I'll bear you feedback in mind.

My suggestion for the blue is to make it lighter. It was too deep and hard to see and distinguish, whereas the lime green you use on the 02 theme is a vibrant green. If it was more vibrant and lighter it would be much better and I would definitely use that over the green.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #14
strunkdts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCiessan View Post
My suggestion for the blue is to make it lighter. It was too deep and hard to see and distinguish, whereas the lime green you use on the 02 theme is a vibrant green. If it was more vibrant and lighter it would be much better and I would definitely use that over the green.
even better, how about a way to glabally change the colour? Can WALTER do this?

A sliding colour scale?

i like the green, blue never does work for me, would love a purple-ish tone and even better, orange.
strunkdts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:01 AM   #15
arkima

Hey! Good news at my end - I'm now running on Windows7 and all is going well. Inkscape seems to be running Waaayyy better now! So, I've not come accross any freezing or stuttering of the 2D refresh/redraw. So much nicer to use now

@Jeahvel & YSF
The mono button is there on the master mcp but I can improove it so it's easier to find like in the new Default theme. Can post a screen if needed to point it out (just about to install the imageshack uploader app - very useful)

@Sambo Rouge, Thank you man for you comments. I'm gonna give it my best and I'm hoping to make some of us pretty happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCiessan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by strunkdts View Post
even better, how about a way to glabally change the colour? Can WALTER do this?

A sliding colour scale?

i like the green, blue never does work for me, would love a purple-ish tone and even better, orange.
Thanks guys... With Walter I think at least I might be able to provide colour selections as layouts. @strunkdts Purple and orange additions - I like! I actually played around with those colour ideas a while back but didn't get far into it.

Q: What do you guys think of dual colour schemes ie- Light and dark blue (New Blue Armor Theme) and Lime/green (New Green Armor Theme) etc... Just to make it a bit easier on the eye perhaps? Note: Perhaps all as Layouts instead og seperate themes - so a one theme with a selection of colour options (yep, purple, orange, red, white maybe ).

Sorry I hope I'm not hyjacking this thread - it's just really cool to get feedback before really hammering the work out.

Cheers guys!
A
Old 08-13-2011, 06:07 AM   #16
Rachmaninoff

Hmm... download link?
Rachmaninoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:24 AM   #17
XITE-1/4LIVE

I had a Scope developer make me a 6 x AUX mixer using your colors. But I know my way around the layouts now, and would really love it if you could get the vertical TCP collapse that Grey Matter Theme uses.

The meters seem easy to collapse vertically, but the controller buttons ( mute, solo, mono, env, fx, I/O, record ) are the tough part I reckon.
The vertical collapsing TCP allows me to view tracks w/o zooming,( Expand by dragging up & down ) and also provides extra screen space as I drag the edit area left for maximum room...

Glad to see you're interested.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:15 AM   #18
Jeahvel

Default Thumbs up!!!

Quote:
Q: What do you guys think of dual colour schemes ie- Light and dark blue (New Blue Armor Theme) and Lime/green (New Green Armor Theme) etc... Just to make it a bit easier on the eye perhaps? Note: Perhaps all as Layouts instead og seperate themes - so a one theme with a selection of colour options (yep, purple, orange, red, white maybe ).

As for me, I like the dual color schemes idea. I'm a fan of (and regularly use) both Armor 00A and Armor 02A. I'm a "dark theme" guy but a light/dark or lime/green option would be great in my opinion.

I also want to say a big THANK YOU for taking on this task to update your themes to V4. I for one really REALLY appreciate it.

PS... Found the 'stereo/mono' button...just idiot me not paying attention for the last couple of years. Thanks Arkima

Last edited by Jeahvel; 08-13-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:20 AM   #19
SiKo

Quote:
A
Great you got your rig going and are spending time on your great themes.

For me the dual color schemes, would be great. (Waiting for green )

What would be nice too, is more detailed (finer grain) texture and detail; maybe less 3D look. Somewhat flatter.

But I'm very curious what your expressions willl be!
Old 08-13-2011, 07:49 AM   #20
Sambo Rouge

+1 for dual colour.

If you make a flatter version, keep the 3d version for us guys who like to live on the wild side.

It would be nice if you could get an Isotope Ozone 3 look.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #21
YSF

Im just excited to see what you come up with. I still havent switched themes in ver 4 cause none of the others quite work for me like Armor. Thanks for taking the time to update them in advance!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #22
MattCiessan

I've always liked the 3d look your themes have. that's probably the main reason I do use them (besides the color schemes) because the flat-look reminds me of basically any other DAW out there. Your theme makes it unique
Dual coloring sounds like a pretty sweet idea, can't wait.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:40 AM   #23
arkima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
Hmm... download link?
Stash Page of the Armor stuff: https://stash.reaper.fm/browse.php?q=armor&x=0&y=0
Last ones for Reaper V3x - Armor 02&02A (green)https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/511/Armor%2002, Armor 04&04A (deep blue):https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/635/Armor%2004.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by XITE-1/4LIVE View Post
I had a Scope developer make me a 6 x AUX mixer using your colors. But I know my way around the layouts now, and would really love it if you could get the vertical TCP collapse that Grey Matter Theme uses.

The meters seem easy to collapse vertically, but the controller buttons ( mute, solo, mono, env, fx, I/O, record ) are the tough part I reckon.
The vertical collapsing TCP allows me to view tracks w/o zooming,( Expand by dragging up & down ) and also provides extra screen space as I drag the edit area left for maximum room...

Glad to see you're interested.
Thanks Xite,
I've grabbed the latest Grey Matter theme (&I really like a lot about it) and will study it a bit more. So, if I got your pointing out right: pretty much all controls and track id visable and assesable when the track(s) are in there most compact height? Btw, how wide do you usually have your tcp's? Perhaps I'll try to cater for extreems in size anyway.

I didn't realise that you actually went to the trouble of getting Scope skinned to suit Armor.. I feel silly because now I recall you mentioned it a few times in the past but I didn't understand. Wow.. Rest assured that the overall colours and textures will still be the same or very much so..

I'll try my best do get things done and done well.. Thank you for your patience and interest with this wip Xite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiKo View Post
Great you got your rig going and are spending time on your great themes.

For me the dual color schemes, would be great. (Waiting for green )

What would be nice too, is more detailed (finer grain) texture and detail; maybe less 3D look. Somewhat flatter.

But I'm very curious what your expressions willl be!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo Rouge View Post
+1 for dual colour.

If you make a flatter version, keep the 3d version for us guys who like to live on the wild side.

It would be nice if you could get an Isotope Ozone 3 look.
Cool guys,
Yeah I'm aiming to keep it all the same but just more refined and just an upgraded look and feel. So I'm really wanting the functionality there to as far as a skin is concerned. So, there will be a bit of each as far as I've put thought into - so some elements more 3D-ish and some things flatter and minimalistic.

I think I'm on the same page as everyone in this thread
-Same color scheme and visual elements but a more updated/refined overall vibe.
-Side bar layout(s) for the mixer.
-Better buttons for ie master mono/stereo button and menu button.
-Good knobs and the dual pan-ie-ness
-controls and id/labels all assesable when tracks are sized their smallest.
-more depth and variation to color and contrast ie- toolbar buttons...

Have I bitten off more than I can chew?? -Yeah probably, but I'll keep trying A bit more time free this week to get into it! Yeah!

Last edited by arkima; 08-15-2011 at 05:44 AM. Reason: typos.... woops.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:19 PM   #24
henge

Ahh Armor. Love this theme! It was default in V3. Can't wait to see the V4 look!
Old 08-19-2011, 01:00 PM   #25
XITE-1/4LIVE

Yeah. Great Mixer Amour-ized....

And yes the TCP can be squeezed down to allow the main window more space.
Drag Grey Matters main window left and watch things get all schrunched up......
Then I expand the track vertically for a bigger view w/o having to use zooms......
Ankyu

Last edited by XITE-1/4LIVE; 08-31-2011 at 11:51 AM.
XITE-1/4LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:04 AM   #26
arkima

@Xite Got it - will be putting more thought into tcp layout.. Really useful and nice what Grey Matter does on resizing Thanks for the pic here too...

Nice to read the great comments and feedback on this theme in this thread. Thanks guys!
Old 08-23-2011, 10:08 PM   #27
Melvin J.

I love the armor themes and would love to see it updated for version 4. You rule, Arkima!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:15 PM   #28
bluzkat

arkima,

Great to see you back on the forum.

An update for Armor will be great!! (Blue, please!!)

Old 08-25-2011, 06:53 AM   #29
arkima

Melvin J. Thanks man you're too kind I'll definately feel rockin' though once I get more done. ...More free time after class tomorrow.

Thanks bluzkat Yeah will be working on the blues too mate.

Remember guys that it's probably going to take some time - unsure as yet but working on it and will keep in contact...

Btw Thanks for starting this thread YSF it's really cool to find out that these themes are wanted by so many fellow Reaperites

Cheers everyone!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:49 PM   #30
Maseratialfa

Thanks for considering carrying Armor to V4, the V3 was top notch. If you undertake this, a pan width slider or knob would be a welcome touch. Not all of the V4 themes have this.
Maseratialfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #31
YSF

Im just trying to wait patiently. Learning my way around the new default is less than inspiring.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #32
YSF

how's it progressing?
Old 09-10-2011, 01:03 AM   #33
arkima

Default Thank you...

Quote:
Im just trying to wait patiently. Learning my way around the new default is less than inspiring.
Quote:
how's it progressing?
Hi YSF,

Actually I haven't done much in inkscape, but have collected all of my ideas and scetches I've had on paper together with previous inkscape projects where I've played with new ideas etc.. Still have a lot of old stuff some of which I may still go through. Have had a chance to brush up on Walter a little and consider the new image elements and the planning with them.

I have been flat out the past weeks with study and some assignments but I've got those all done now and even have a few extra days of next week as well as a 2 week holiday! yeah - very happy about that

I feel quite bad that I'm quite behind and that there are good people like your self that have been more than patient. But now the craziness of study has lifted - I'm continuing next with the new tcp/mcp buttons (still the same look just yring to get a nice improoved result)and then the extended sidebar mcp panels.. Working with the green colour scheme primarily too btw...

So, sorry about the wait but it's coming! When I have some results to share I'll post some screens or something..

Thanks YSF.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:56 AM   #34
Jeahvel

Default Thanks again...

Arkima...

No worries, no rush, no pressure... I'm just happy that you've considered upgrading your themes and are giving up time away from your life to do so. I have adopted the "anything worth having is worth waiting for" attitude for Armor. So if it takes six months, a year, two years...doesn't matter. When the time comes for you to release them, they'll be awesome and I'll be grateful.

Thanks again for sharing your hard work with your fellow Reaper-ites...
Old 09-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #35
Sambo Rouge

Times two -----

don't feel rushed into anything --- take the time to get it right to your satisfaction.

Its going to be one hell of a theme!

Many, many thanks for all of your efforts and dedication (not to mention creativity).
Old 09-13-2011, 04:30 AM   #36
arkima

Jeahvel, Sambo Rouge Thanks guys!

I really appreciate your thoughts. Anyway, it's moving along bit by bit but I will make sure it's done the best I can and not a rush job!

A

p.s. Wow there sure are some awesome new themes around here!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:33 AM   #37
bluzkat

Quote:
p.s. Wow there sure are some awesome new themes around here!
You saw that too, eh?!?

Old 09-13-2011, 05:50 AM   #38
XITE-1/4LIVE

Imagine if we had such variations with OS's and RISC Processors..
Old 09-14-2011, 05:27 AM   #39
YSF

Thanks for the update. No worries, and I agree....don't rush it. Im still using version 3 w/o any problems. Occasionally switching between default for some new features.

Just appreciate your willingness to update. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #40
MattCiessan

so how is this new version looking, any news yet?