Old 01-14-2020, 02:43 PM   #1
sjs94704
Human being with feelings

Default Help with ReWire plugin

First, I am a singer. I got WAVES Tune for the first time to use to tune my vocals and I am finding that I need ReWire to make it work! I now have both VSTs.

NOTE: I have NEVER used either one yet so am totally unfamiliar with them and how to set them up.

Very simply, for most of my songs I will have a single vocal track. The MIC is plugged into input 2 on my interface (if somehow that makes a difference)...

So, as far as the Rewire Plugin I am clearly not using MIDI so the send to and from MIDI tabs are clearly not needed leaving the Audio From Rewire Tab.

On my screen I have two choices:

ReWire Output Track Channel
1: Waves Mix-L Channel 1
2: Waves Mix-R Channel 2

At the bottom there are two check boxes. Those choices are:

Allow slave to set loop region
Allow slave to set tempo

Now, I was watching a Video on YouTube that showed that I need to set up a dedicated track for the ReWire Plugin. It also showed that I need to put the Rewire plugin on the dedicated track FIRST and then put the Waves Tune plugin on the vocal track.

However, it did not cover anything about routing or anything else I might need to do to set it up right. So, I have my Lead Vocal Track and I have a track for the Waves Rewire Plugin.

I would be grateful if someone can let me know what to do from here?

Thanks ..........
Old 01-15-2020, 06:05 PM   #2
Goldreap

Waves Rewire can be on a dedicated track, or on the same track as Waves Tune, or any other track. And it doesn't matter if it's before or after any other plugin, and it doesn't need any extra routing. It just works. It will however kill any audio on it's own track unless you set Track Channels to 'none' (right click the two entries where you have channel 1 and 2). But if it's on a dedicated track you don't have to worry about doing that because there's no audio there anyway.

Tick 'Allow slave to set loop region' if you want your loop selection in REAPER to be controlled from within WT. (Note that doing it like this will actually activate your repeat button in REAPER as well).

I haven't noticed that Rewire has to put FIRST before loading WT.

So the essential thing to grasp is that it doesn't need any 'routing' as such....just plonk it down and it will do it's thing.

Waves Tune actually works (tunes) without rewire, but you need it if you want your edit ('play from') cursor in REAPER to be controlled from within WT (which you do want if editing stuff inside WT).

Last edited by Goldreap; 01-15-2020 at 06:22 PM.
Goldreap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:45 PM   #3
sjs94704

FOLLOWUP QUESTION:

Is there such a pitch correction plugin that, for example, if I sing a note and it is flat, that it automatically fixes it? I might be misunderstanding how to use waves tune, but, from what I can tell, I might still have to do some adjusting.....
Old 01-19-2020, 11:49 AM   #4
Greg Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs94704 View Post
FOLLOWUP QUESTION:

Is there such a pitch correction plugin that, for example, if I sing a note and it is flat, that it automatically fixes it? I might be misunderstanding how to use waves tune, but, from what I can tell, I might still have to do some adjusting.....
https://www.waves.com/plugins/waves-...tune-real-time

Auto Tune is another
Greg Savage is offline   Reply With Quote