Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 11-10-2020, 01:41 AM   #1
EcBaPr
Human being with feelings

Default OSC connection between Reaper and RME Totalmix ?

does anyone know if its possible to establish a connection between Reapers volume faders and RME's Totalmix faders via OSC ?

I want to be able to a move a fader in Totalmix and have that channel respond on Reapers faders and vice versa.. its doesn't seem straightforward given the way OSC is implemented in both programs but still looks like it might be possible with a creative approach ?

Totalmix uses banks for access to faders and uses OSC messages such as /Volume1 and /Volume2 etc.. Reaper has the action called TRACK_VOLUME where you can setup different OSC commands (patterns).. one of the default patterns is.. n/track/@/volume

So if I put n/track/1/volume on a tablet layout I can control the fader for channel 1 in Reaper.. and if I use /Volume1 for the Totalmix layout it will control Fader 1 in Totalmix (when bank 1 is selected) but is there a way to connect between the two ? if I need to add some other PC software in the middle to reinterpret messages between applications it would probably be ok..

if there are any Totalmix/Reaper/OSC gurus who might know or have some ideas would appreciate any help.. cheers
EcBaPr is offline   Reply With Quote