Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2020, 09:38 AM   #1
Jae.Thomas
Human being with feelings

Default TCP Fx list discussion

Hi!

So, wayyyy back in 2005 I used Samplitude. It was from there, Pipelineaudio introduced me to reaper and the folks around at that time. I knew him from the Vegas forums.

Don't really need to go too far into the history

but two things I really wanted was

- comparisonics colors
and
- a list of FX on the TCP that can be bypass, etc...

Anyway

We now have the FX list possibilities in the latest dev builds.

So maybe we can have a discussion about it here, since it will likely span some builds.

doppelganger is an awesome scripter who made a script for this:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=210987

I really appreciate how you don't have to adjust the track height to see everything. You can easily bypass/offline, open the window floated or the fx chain, and it exists regardless of your zoom level (even if you can't see much, it's ALWAYS there).

This is really what I "need"

but really really love the idea of having them done natively, as I feel like not only will this possibly be more stable, less resource hungry (I really don't think dopp's script does anything too intensive anymore tho), and I LOVE the idea of having parameters and GUIs and all sorts of things optionally available on the TCP when needed.

If you look at the two side by side, we have different situations:

with the native one in the dev builds, we see you don't have to lose horizontal space. For the dopp version, you don't need to lose vertical space.

I think the ultimate thing would be to have something which could be manipulated to take up either...

so you can have a layout which has the inserts to the left side, and a layout which has is underneath.

That might look messy if track one has it on the left, and track two has it.. on top or underneath...

also, take a look at how Dopp's version has the instruments (vsti and vst3i) colored differently.

but I think it would be beneficial to look at what dopp has done here. I am positive implementing this will be great, and the reaper folks will make it fit right in great, but I think we should just make sure we do it mindfully
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote