Old 02-20-2019, 10:37 AM   #1
RobertP
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper-Komplete Kontrol & S49

Posting here on the off chance....

I am using a komplete library with komplete kontrol and an S49, Mk 1 keyboard in win 7 64 - very happy with my setup.

Very recently I seem to have lost all of the keyboard functions except for the standard midi ones and so the S49 is not recognised by KK in particular as a controller.

Behaving true to form as the numpty I am I did all the usual cable, connection and driver checks, uninstalls and installs, with no result, probably screwed up my device and midi preferences in Reaper and filled up the swear box.

As a last resort I looked on the NI forum and it seems this is happening to a few folk, especially via a win10 update, but also to a few win7 diehards.

So, curious if anyone here has had these difficulties and a warning to others about updates (and hasty troubleshooting). I do believe NI are on the case.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:06 AM   #2
peter5992

Hm ... you have the Komplete Kontrol software installed, yes?
peter5992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:08 PM   #3
RobertP

Yes Peter, and I checked all the paths and it is all there and up to date.
Somebody on the NI forum mentioned that this happened following an update to Vintage Organs. I uninstalled it but made no difference so installed it back.

I will have to check but I think one KK update was for both Mk1 and Mk2 keyboards. That got me thinking something was installed that is having an effect. I may resort to reverting to an earlier version, but if it is a NI thing to be solved at some point I may just wait and see.

Last edited by RobertP; 02-20-2019 at 12:15 PM.
RobertP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:52 PM   #4
peter5992

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
Yes Peter, and I checked all the paths and it is all there and up to date.
Somebody on the NI forum mentioned that this happened following an update to Vintage Organs. I uninstalled it but made no difference so installed it back.

I will have to check but I think one KK update was for both Mk1 and Mk2 keyboards. That got me thinking something was installed that is having an effect. I may resort to reverting to an earlier version, but if it is a NI thing to be solved at some point I may just wait and see.
Weird ... but I don't think it has anything to do with Reaper, the keyboard and the software are both NI so they should work together, standalone or in a DAW.

I don't have the Kontrol keyboard so I can't do any comparison testing. If it is a controller software issue maybe you can roll back to an earlier version, until NI gets it fixed.
peter5992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 01:03 PM   #5
sostenuto

Dummy here and still get goofed up 'RESCANNING' Komplete Kontrol to ensure my S-49 is current. (lots to scan too!)
sostenuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:48 AM   #6
RobertP

@Peter, yup I didn't think it was Reaper but posted to alert and share ...

NI posted that W10 updates were the cause and they were talking to MS about it, and to delete a few updates for the time being. No mention of Win 7 by NI though a few people with win7 were having the same experience as me.

So, I uninstalled the last few updates and all is ok.
KB4486563
KB4483458
KB4480063
These are the latest up dates for 2019. Not sure if it was just one of them so did all three till proper solution is found.