Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 02-18-2019, 03:35 PM   #1
macki
Human being with feelings

Default First post and total noob question about folders

Sorry this maybe a really simple question but I come from using a Boss stand alone BR1200 from many years ago so there are a few things I am getting use to when I am working with a DAW. I was just going through the Reaper video on folders and I was trying them on a song that I have been working on.

My question is this; when you have a folder that has, say, three sub folders of guitars, when I play the tracks back, do I hear each subtrack plus the combination of all guitars on the main folder, or is it just the main folder track?

Thanks!
macki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:55 PM   #2
Not_Here
Human being with feelings

you would hear all three as they are mixed within that folder. It would depend on having any Mutes or Solos active also.

You're watching a Kenny Video I assume? there are more than one video available concerning Folders, Groups, and VCA's, and all are easy to absorb. Though in my personal adventures I have watched some of the Vid's more than a couple times to really catch all the subtle details..

Also page 93 of the user manual has three pic's that help in visualizing a folder and how it works compared to other options

Last edited by Not_Here; 02-18-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Not_Here is offline   Reply With Quote