Old 10-13-2021, 05:15 PM   #1
Mikethebass
Human being with feelings

Default Odd Reatune issue

I've used Reatune on several occasions to add "fake" harmonies sometimes it's worked well sometimes not so well.

On my current project I want to add a third and a fifth to just one word. 0.85 seconds long.

I've copied the opriginal vocal track to two other tracks then added Reatune to each.

The issue is that Reatune in manual correction mode doesn't seem to detect the vocal. There is no red line appearing in the tuning window. I've tried setting the attack down to 10m sec with no sucess.

Any suggestions as to what I#m doing wrong this time?
Mikethebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 12:31 AM   #2
bFooz

I use Reatune only for automatic tuning, I've never found the manual tuning reliable enough.

For your particular case, there are also different methods of tuning/pitchshifting.

The first one is using ReaPitch and setting/automating the pitch slider. You can set the tuning algorithm in the plugin itself, can be different for each instance. You can put an instance on the whole track or on each item. I do not use this method though since it is cluny compared to the next one.

The second method is using the pitch shift take envelope. Each take has this built in, can be accessed e.g. via "Take: View take envelopes for last touched/first selected item". You can set the tuning algo for each take/item separately or use the project default. You can set max/min values of this envelope in Preferences also with some other related paramaters. I use this method since it is quick to activate and does not need any plugin added.
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 12:56 AM   #3
Mikethebass

Thanks BFooz, I've never tried Reapitch I'll try what you suggest.
Mikethebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 10:20 PM   #4
PMan

@Bfooz;

That suggestion of using the pitch envelope is great! I never thought about that. Thank you!
PMan is offline   Reply With Quote