Old 01-20-2016, 08:00 AM   #641
Diego
Human being with feelings

It looks great Albert, well done! Looking forward to try it!
Old 01-20-2016, 08:36 AM   #642
SmajjL

I think everyone should try to mockup a whole theme from scratch graphically without even touching WALTER, problem solved, in theory.
Gogo themers, woh woh woh!
SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:11 AM   #643
Gianfini

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertxxxx View Post
These will be some small changes:
New buttons (monitor)
New fader cap in all layouts
Tcp and better colors in mixer
New fonts
Number of tracks in mixer (default)
Fixing some small bugs
Improve inspector (select track)
working more ..

... and showing peak levels in MCP tracks, thanks!!

;-)

g
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:49 AM   #644
albertxxxx

Yes....
Old 01-20-2016, 02:01 PM   #645
Endisol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
I've had a bit more time to fiddle with the theme. While it looks decent enough it's not what I'd call a "usable" theme yet. There are some critical basics missing.

- For instance, the "inspector" mcp layout doesn't light up when you select the track, so if you have multiple channels all set to inspector, you don't know what track you've selected unless you look at the TCP / Arrange window.

- Basic default mcp layout is missing the input insert fx.. or at least I can't find it.

- Input monitoring button is bizarre and I can almost never find it.. it should really be some kind of icon instead of a colored green or yellow line.

There's quite a lot more but these are the ones currently annoying me the most. I know it takes some time to get used to things but so far this theme has turned out to be more bling than actual usability.

I also agree with someone who commented on it looking "Fruity Loops" like and lost it's "class". There's way too much shine and bevel to all the elements. This makes a busy mixing panel scream at my eyes and it's not pleasant. The whole theme feels overly busy and hard on the eyes. Previous images and theme prototypes looked a lot better in my opinion.

I appreciate Alberts work of course but it's very unfortunate that all of this is behind a pseudo "pay-wall". It really is impossible to get a good feeling of this theme until you've used it.. and only way to use it is to "donate".

You may wonder why I have the word donate in "". The reason is that I feel like it is not truly a donation. A REAL donation is something that happens after the fact and doesn't contain perks or services rendered. If this was a theme supported by donations the theme would always be accessible to everybody and there would be a free to use donation link. As it is now, it's a payment hidden as a donation. Right now I regret my "donation" as I'm getting nothing out of it nor have I ever gotten anything out of any of the skins Albert has made (because they were always left half-done or buggy).

Anyhow, those are my honest thoughts. May sound harsh but so be it.
Somebody having a bad hair day?
Its all opinion b-manic. You don't have a "right" to be able try Albert's theme.
It seems like you are really trying to use it but its not exactly how you want it so you are upset. And you want it exactly how you want, for free. Just use whatever theme it is you do find "usable" and "less fruityloops" and be happy
Endisol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:23 PM   #646
noise_construct

bmanic,

keep in mind that this is the REAPER forum. Only allowed form of feedback is gushlingly positive and presented without any substance. If you dare to express any other feelings than your everlasting, undying love and especially overflowing gratefulness for your merciful developers (even though you paid them), it's acceptable to attack your persona- but never the actual criticism.
noise_construct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:39 PM   #647
Endisol

Quote:
Originally Posted by noise_construct View Post
bmanic,

keep in mind that this is the REAPER forum. Only allowed form of feedback is gushlingly positive and presented without any substance. If you dare to express any other feelings than your everlasting, undying love and especially overflowing gratefulness for your merciful developers (even though you paid them), it's acceptable to attack your persona- but never the actual criticism.
See above.
and there are plenty threads on this forum asking for features/improvements to reaper so don't be ridiculous.
Endisol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:04 PM   #648
paulheu

Quote:
bmanic,

keep in mind that this is the REAPER forum.
You forgot the /s
paulheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:45 PM   #649
LightOfDay
Banned

Quote:

obviously you dont read that much in this forum here, otherwise you wouldnt come up with such uneducated bs.

if some pointless demanding is criticized as greedy all critics are brainless fanboys. I think you should stop this demagogic pseudo-disussions.
LightOfDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:12 PM   #650
albertxxxx

Quote:
bmanic,

Constructive criticism= yes
Shit= No, please (without singling out anyone,I speak in general)

Last edited by albertxxxx; 01-20-2016 at 04:35 PM.
albertxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:39 PM   #651
Chris4943

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscofisy View Post
Thanks for taking one line of my post out of context and lumping me in with someone who is negative and scathing.

Yes, I do realise the track colours "don't come like that".
I was simply saying that part of the attraction for me was that things not get too colourful,
Sorry, you didn't deserve to be lumped in with the other guy. I did it as I do many things, out of laziness.

I don't however take back my frustration with the minority (yet vocal) sentiment in this thread calling out this theme for being too colorful.

Here's a podcast I do. Just 2 guys talking and an iphone plugged in for sound drops.

It's just completely beyond me how every third post in this thread (yes I'm exaggerating wildly) is a critique of how 'colorful' it is. REALLY????
It's damn near black & white!
Some people have suggested and critiqued very reasonable aspects of this theme that have helped make it even better, but too colorful? Nah. All these dopes can take a hike, I just don't need them in my life. And the second I go into a black and white thread and start critiquing the lack of color, they can tell me the same thing and I won't cry, because that would be IDIOTIC to do something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noise_construct
keep in mind that this is the REAPER forum. Only allowed form of feedback is gushlingly positive and presented without any substance. If you dare to express any other feelings than your everlasting, undying love and especially overflowing gratefulness for your merciful developers (even though you paid them),
No this is in fact not the general REAPER forum. I feel like that misunderstanding is where a lot of this is coming from.
Let me help ya'll out: This is a specialized thread inside of a specialized sub-section of the REAPER forum that's focused on making a polished theme with great colors and controls, so I would expect that people posting in this particular thread would not be complaining about 'polished controls'... ya know, in a specialized thread who's mission is to make a polished theme.

It's just dumb. It's just realllllly dumb. And then to get all bitchy because ya got a little bitchyness thrown back in your collective face? Cmon... weak sauce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noise_construct
it's acceptable to attack your persona- but never the actual criticism.
Seriously? Cmon, re-read what you did and re-read what I did and then tell me which of us fits your description you dummy.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:24 AM   #652
noise_construct

Quote:
Constructive criticism= yes
Shit= No, please (without singling out anyone,I speak in general)
What he posted was more thorough and constructive criticism then anything else posted in this thread. He explains clearly what he thinks could be improved.

Without honest feedback it would be impossible to ever improve on anything. Hundred people saying "ooh awesome!1111 love love" is less useful than one person saying "I also agree with someone who commented on it looking "Fruity Loops" like and lost it's "class". There's way too much shine and bevel to all the elements. This makes a busy mixing panel scream at my eyes and it's not pleasant. The whole theme feels overly busy and hard on the eyes. Previous images and theme prototypes looked a lot better in my opinion."

The problem with this forum culture here is that people take all negative feedback personally and emotionally, when the feedback is only discussing things, not anyone in person. Then these people get butthurt and attack the person who gave the feedback, and somehow think it's ok and correct etiquette.

Keep in mind that in adult discussions it's views and subjects that collide, not the people. At no point did bmanic try to offend you or insult you, and calling him names and even discussing his persona is totally uncalled for.
noise_construct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:59 AM   #653
albertxxxx

Ok... ok..

EDIT:
(without singling out anyone,I speak in general). (without singling out anyone,I speak in general). (without singling out anyone,I speak in general).........

Last edited by albertxxxx; 01-21-2016 at 04:46 AM.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:17 AM   #654
Chris4943

Quote:
What he posted was more thorough and constructive criticism then anything else posted in this thread. He explains clearly what he thinks could be improved.
Eyes bleeding due to extreme color, its too polished, and do everything for free in perpetuity. Yeah, I read it. I think its garbage.

Quote:
Without honest feedback it would be impossible to ever improve on anything. Hundred people saying "ooh awesome!1111 love love" is less useful than one person saying "I also agree with someone who commented on it looking "Fruity Loops" like and lost it's "class". There's way too much shine and bevel to all the elements. This makes a busy mixing panel scream at my eyes and it's not pleasant. The whole theme feels overly busy and hard on the eyes. Previous images and theme prototypes looked a lot better in my opinion."
And that gets us where exactly? Should dude just delete all the work and make a slightly modified default theme? This forum is LITTERED with those. Go over to one of those threads.

Quote:
The problem with this forum culture here is that people take all negative feedback personally and emotionally, when the feedback is only discussing things, not anyone in person. Then these people get butthurt and attack the person who gave the feedback, and somehow think it's ok and correct etiquette.
Its perfect etiquite where I come from to call out garbage comments and the people who make them.

Quote:
Keep in mind that in adult discussions it's views and subjects that collide, not the people. At no point did bmanic try to offend you or insult you, and calling him names and even discussing his persona is totally uncalled for.
Will you please take a hike and go use the default Reaper theme if you don't like poliahed themes? What the hell are you doing in this thread? 99% of us are happy as shit with how its going.
Why are you so adamently defending a poster who VERY personally said that this guy is a cheat, and that all his software is buggy crap, and then claiming SOMEBODY ELSE (me) is the one starting up the personal attacks? You conveniently left those parts out of the quotes of his you used you hypocritical obfuscating inconsistent schmuck.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:20 AM   #655
Chris4943

Quote:
Ok... ok..
Sorry, I obviously LOVE flame wars. Takes me back to the 90's. I guess I'll shut up. Surprised nobody's banned me or something already. Are these things moderated?
Old 01-21-2016, 04:27 AM   #656
SmajjL

I come in peace also, I prrrrromise, and I also trust your judgement as I believe you eat,sleep this stuff for breakfast.
Same would go for any mastering dude I would send my stuff to, let him do his magic.
SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 04:54 AM   #657
albertxxxx

I wonder if you really need to do layouts colored tcp as the mixer (default) .... to those who use it. to do so in future versions .. thanks
Old 01-21-2016, 05:44 PM   #658
msuscorpio

Hi I'm trying to adjust my settings to the values you displayed in your OP but a lot of the options are grayed out. I read something that says that would be the case if I had the default theme loaded but I have the Dark theme loaded. Also, how do I get the mixer to show all of the plugins on each track? The seem to be overlapping. Attached is what I see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mixer.jpg (64.3 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg preferences.jpg (16.1 KB, 290 views)

Last edited by msuscorpio; 01-21-2016 at 05:49 PM.
msuscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 06:03 PM   #659
albertxxxx

hi ..... disable show multiple rows...

Old 01-21-2016, 06:05 PM   #660
msuscorpio

Ok cool that worked. Any idea about the grayed out preferences?
Old 01-21-2016, 06:58 PM   #661
albertxxxx

the coloration is active in walter ... do not worry it will improve in the next update

Last edited by albertxxxx; 01-21-2016 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:16 PM   #662
msuscorpio

Quote:
the coloration is active in walter ... do not worry it will improve in the next update
Ok thanks
Old 01-22-2016, 07:49 AM   #663
marios.blythe

Albert please send me this theme I donated!
Wazek @ live . com
Thanks
marios.blythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:17 AM   #664
albertxxxx

sent, check the mail.............
Old 01-22-2016, 11:11 AM   #665
marios.blythe

Quote:
sent, check the mail.............
its not on my email and not on junk folder..can u send a pm here?

edit now i see it but the 2 themes are the same the light and the dark why? what are the changes? thanks

Last edited by marios.blythe; 01-22-2016 at 11:32 AM.
marios.blythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:37 PM   #666
albertxxxx

Is only for windows colors for the moment (io,media explorer..)
Old 01-22-2016, 12:46 PM   #667
Maxwell999

If I send you a donation will I have all the subsequent updates/fixes you make to this awesome theme?

Thanks.
Maxwell999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:13 PM   #668
Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell999 View Post
If I send you a donation will I have all the subsequent updates/fixes you make to this awesome theme?

Thanks.
Yes Albert will send you the update.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:41 PM   #669
erichiop

Hey Albert. Absolutely stunning theme. Just installed it tonight and will be using it moving forward. Everything is very clear and easy to locate, it is easy on the eyes and makes me feel like I'm looking at the amazing DAW that Reaper is.

I only have a few small criticisms from a fresh pair of eyes.

1) Selecting tracks could stand to be much more apparent. In my opinion it is very hard to tell which tracks you have selected in your peripheral vision when you are looking at the arrange page.

2) Some of the button click areas on the track panel do not line up exactly with the button art, making it hard to select a track when not clicking on the side panel. Main offender is record monitoring button and the input button.

3) Would help with session organization if track color was also displayed in the grey area of the track panel (where the mute,solo,input,fader etc.... buttons are). It would also be great if track colour would be reflected in the mixer as well, also in the grey area of the track.

4) Slap that mono button on the arrange page master track, but other then that, love the big meters, awesome!

Again great work, love this theme, bang on.
erichiop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 04:12 PM   #670
infectdsniper

hey wasnt he adding shorter mixer tracks? i didnt see them. is it already in there?
infectdsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 06:01 PM   #671
kindafishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectdsniper View Post
hey wasnt he adding shorter mixer tracks? i didnt see them. is it already in there?
Yes, they are there but they seem aimed at a laptop docked mixer sort of layout right now. See http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...&postcount=523

If you are looking for a docked mixer, they are probably great. I don't think they are appropriate for multiple rows of tracks in a full mix window layout though. See http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...&postcount=567
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 10:52 AM   #672
Adralicus

A couple of questions.Does this theme allow you to put the transport in the centre? Also do you have a sceenshot of the midi editor.Is it skinned in a similar way?
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H | Intel Haswell i7 4770K | 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Crucial 512mb SSD System Drive | 1 x Crucial 960gb SSD A/V Drive | 1 x Crucial 960gb SSD Samples Drive | 1x Gigabyte GTX 960 2gb | 40" 4k Monitor | RME Fireface 400 |Windows 10 x64
Adralicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 07:58 PM   #673
chardex

im not recieving the theme.....
chardex2015@gmail.com
chardex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:12 PM   #674
albertxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardex View Post
im not recieving the theme.....
chardex2015@gmail.com
Sent......
Old 01-24-2016, 10:31 PM   #675
Skyblues

Albert please send me this theme. I just sent you a donation.
Looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks,
Jim
Skyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 06:49 AM   #676
albertxxxx

ok....sent.. ..
Old 01-25-2016, 11:49 AM   #677
Skyblues

Quote:
ok....sent.. ..
PM sent. I can't find it.
Skyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:51 PM   #678
erichiop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblues View Post
PM sent. I can't find it.
Check your junk mail/spam folder. That's where the original email showed up for me.
erichiop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:53 PM   #679
albertxxxx

Check mail... now ... I had some problems with email..
Old 01-25-2016, 04:24 PM   #680
albertxxxx

Note to Mac users:
I am installing a hackintosh, in which I will install reaper, see if I can improve the Mac version.