Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 12-05-2019, 06:37 AM   #1
Michael Firmont
Human being with feelings

Default R6: Folder Tracks, Classic Routing, VST3 >64

Dear Developers,

so... here it is, Reaper 6! I was really excited for the new update and I am eager to finally work with Reaper. But to be honest I was a bit disappointed with the new Feature list (as some others also mentioned). Beside being a really interesting and flexible DAW I would REALLY love to see the 3 following additions:

1. STANDARD FOLDER TRACK (as to find it in Cubase or other DAWs). It is just a folder, it doesn't influence the routing or anything at all and when I close it, ALL tracks disappear and not just get smaller as it is right now. It would be really great to not always have to use another Theme but to stick with the standard theme....

2.VST3 connections (like with using Vienna Ensemble Pro), doesn't allow more than 64 connections, would be lovely, to have at least 96 :-)

3. CLASSIC ROUTING: Yeah.... just like with using Pro Tools or any other DAW. You have an Input AND an Output Selector with each track, visible within the Mixer View and I can just rout it to another track/bus whatsover. Without using another pop up window where I have to deactivate the connection with the Master Track.

This would make mixing and working with Reaper MUCH more comfortable, faster and would cause less errors, especially within big Templates. And it would make more sense;-)

PLEASE change this, it would be the best Christmas present ^^

Have a great December and thanks so much for your work!

Michael
Michael Firmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:46 AM   #2
Thonex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Firmont View Post
1. STANDARD FOLDER TRACK (as to find it in Cubase or other DAWs). It is just a folder, it doesn't influence the routing or anything at all and when I close it, ALL tracks disappear and not just get smaller as it is right now. It would be really great to not always have to use another Theme but to stick with the standard theme....
+1 for a PASSIVE (no routing) folder track to be used for simply visual organization and hiding tracks.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:37 AM   #3
Michael Firmont

@Thonax: Exactly this!

Just as an addition to my third point (3. classical routing....), here would be an idea that should be really easy to implement without changing too much :-)

Why not implement a "MASTER SEND" within each track with the standard routing to the "Master Out". Then via a Dropdown Menu, you can choose another track as the destination. In the background, a small script just decouples the track from the Master and couples it just with the destination track.

So it shouldn't be more than a small Theme change (for the tracks within the Mixer view and the track reference in normal view) and a small script for automation purposes! :-)

And no one is forced to use it, it doesn't change ANY major functionality but is enhancing the workflow of everybody, especially those who are switching from any other Major DAW! :-)
Michael Firmont is offline   Reply With Quote