Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 08-11-2019, 09:36 PM   #1
wildschwein
Human being with feelings

Default Volume faders inoperable after pasting track

Hi,
I have an odd problem that I couldn't find an answer for. I'm using the latest download of Reaper on Win 7. I recently tracked some vocals and then used those tracks by copyng the whole waveform and then pasting into another track which I already had set up with some bus sends and other effects running. I was basicaly trying to upgrade an earlier performance but maintain the same FX chain. However, I don't seem to have the ability now to control the volume of the track from the fader. I'm at work so not in the session as I write this so can get screenshots and other details later if needed. Just wondered offhand if this is expected behavoiur -- I have used Reaper for about 5 years and don't recall bumping into this before?
wildschwein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:42 PM   #2
cutnpaste
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildschwein View Post
Hi,
I have an odd problem that I couldn't find an answer for. I'm using the latest download of Reaper on Win 7. I recently tracked some vocals and then used those tracks by copyng the whole waveform and then pasting into another track which I already had set up with some bus sends and other effects running. I was basicaly trying to upgrade an earlier performance but maintain the same FX chain. However, I don't seem to have the ability now to control the volume of the track from the fader. I'm at work so not in the session as I write this so can get screenshots and other details later if needed. Just wondered offhand if this is expected behavoiur -- I have used Reaper for about 5 years and don't recall bumping into this before?
If you close the project, does operation return to normal behavior.
cutnpaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:40 AM   #3
wildschwein

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutnpaste View Post
If you close the project, does operation return to normal behavior.
Thanks for your response. I will report back shortly when I can load up the project at home.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:27 AM   #4
wildschwein

Okay just booted it up and the behaviour has continued. There is no visual volume information on the fader itself (i.e., it is blank) and the fader has no effect on output. I can only control the volume on the effects loaded on the track itself like via the compressor output. It it a routing problem of some sort perhaps -- it seems like there is no signal in that part of the chain?

Last edited by wildschwein; 08-13-2019 at 11:59 PM.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:52 AM   #5
Philbo King

Maybe select the new track and hit V to see if the new track had a hidden volume envelope on it?
Old 08-20-2019, 06:46 AM   #6
wildschwein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbo King View Post
Maybe select the new track and hit V to see if the new track had a hidden volume envelope on it?
Thanks for responding. This worked for me. I went to the track, selected it and pressed V and the volume appeared below.

Last edited by wildschwein; 08-22-2019 at 02:21 PM.