Old 01-29-2019, 07:20 AM   #1
yophio
Human being with feelings

Default Window pin disappeared

I just installed REAPER on a new PC I built with a dual monitor setup. I have the mixer on the second monitor and I noticed that if I drag a plugin on the second monitor it goes behind the mixer. Usually you would just press the pin on the plugin window to make it AOT (always on top) but I noticed that the pin button totally disappeared!
I'm sure this is a Windows 10 issue rather than a REAPER one because I'm using the same settings on two different machines and the other one still has the pin button.
I also noticed that if I open a plugin there isn't another reaper window icon (the one with a green background) appearing on the windows' taskbar.

Anyone has any idea what could be causing this problem? I'm almost sure this is related to how windows manages... windows!

EDIT: after a long day trying to solve the issue I tried disabling one of the monitors and now it works. It seems that the problem comes from the fact that my main monitor is plugged in the gpu and the second one in the motherboard. Also, and now it gets hard to believe, I have my main display to the right; if I change the display settings in windows and make it to the left (changing the display order from 2-1 to 1-2) the pin reappears even with both monitors on.
It seems that the bug is caused by the fact that the integrated graphics card is seen as the main monitor output, and you MUST have the edit window on that one.

I will try soon with an adapter for my second monitor then I will set it as secondary in the nvidia control panel.

EDIT2: I found what was actually causing the bug. It wasn't the screen adapter or gpu out. The mixer window pin was "engaged" in single screen mode and when moved in another screen caused the window to be on top. So, to solve this I had to return to single screen mode, unpin the mixer window and go back to dual screen.

The bug isn't entirely solved though; in multiple screen mode, if the other screen isn't positioned on the right or bottom you can't actually see any pin. Attached pictures showing in which positions the pin appears and how the plugin window looks in the bugged positions.

Hope this can help anyone who's having the same problem!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Annotazione 2019-02-04 132456.jpg (33.5 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg Annotazione 2019-02-04 132231.jpg (59.2 KB, 150 views)

Last edited by yophio; 02-04-2019 at 05:27 AM.
yophio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:53 PM   #2
jreinhard
Human being with feelings

I have the same problem using dual monitors with the integrated Intel graphics on a Haswell processor. The pin disappears when the extended display is on top of the main display. If the extended display is beside or under the main display, the pin is visible.
jreinhard is offline   Reply With Quote