Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 12-30-2018, 02:51 PM   #1
ShoGunzalez
Human being with feelings

Default REAPER CONTINUOUSLY CRASHES AFTER LAST UPDATE DEC 2018

Good afternoon all and happy new year!

As the title suggests, I updated to the latest version of Reaper and it has been pretty spotty ever since. I don't know exactly what is wrong so I will provide as much info as possible in hopes of finding a fix. Here is my current setup

Laptop:

Acer Predator 17 (G5-793)
Processor Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHZ
RAM 16.0GB
64-bit OS
Win 10 Home

Reaper: I'm kind of afraid of opening it at this point to get the version because I get blue screened every time I do. All I know is that it's the latest install.

Gear:
Line 6 POD HD PRO (Interface) (also has been updated to the latest drivers. firmware, etc.)
Edifier BT Speakers

Errors I can recall: "Line 6 POD HD PRO failed" "Bad Pool Header"

I haven't had any issues like this with Reaper until now. When I open a new session, I put my Audio device to be "Direct" because it allows me to pan the way I like, and I've used it in the past with no problems. I use the POD as my input device and run the output through the sound card which feeds the audio to the speakers via Bluetooth, most tracks are in left mono, except for my right guitar channels, which are in right mono (duh). I've done it like this for many sessions without a hitch. Initially, when I saw the error related to POD I went on the Line 6 site and updated everything. It was working well, I noticed that Reaper would "freeze" if I open the HD line 6 editing software to edit my patches, so I would save, shut down reaper, open HD and edit my patch accordingly, then go back to reaper when I was done. I have been working this way all day, sometimes I would open HD reflexively and forgot to save/close reaper and when reaper would stop responding I would then be reminded to save and close. Now reaper doesn't really stop responding per se, it acts like the session is playing but the cursor isn't moving and no sound is being produced, if I open the preferences when it's doing this behavior, it tells me to stop playback when nothing is playing back, clearly it is under the impression that something is playing when it is not.

I really only use the POD for getting my signal into the computer as cleanly as possible. I don't run a ton of sims or effects on there, just noise gate and pre-eq for both bass and guitar. So I was managing to work this way for pretty much all of today since 11am. During my last session, I was taking lunch, so I saved/closed my session then turned off my Line 6 POD and the laptop blue screened on me. after I came back from eating, I wake up the laptop, go to open reaper, open recent session and select the session I was working on and it tells that it "couldn't open session due to parsing error" or something to that avail. Then it promptly blue screened me and I lost my damn mind. I am running a scan with windows defender on the drive that I use for reaper, I'm hoping the scan finds something, I don't know what it could be. I can't recall what the last error code said when I got blue screened the last time.

I feel that it is a conflict between the POD and Reaper. Maybe I have to adjust something in Reaper but I have no idea what that would be. I'm sorry for asking for help, I usually try to figure these things out on my own but I don't know what else to do and Google yields little results relevant to this specific issue. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!
ShoGunzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 03:00 PM   #2
ShoGunzalez

For some reason, the peak file was saved on my desktop, not in the reaper media folder like everything else. I copied the peak file into the reaper media folder, clicked on the backup and it opened the session, thank god. I don't know if this fixes the issue but at least I was able to open the session. Hopefully, I can get some work done. Again, any help or info is appreciated, thank you!
ShoGunzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:42 PM   #3
Philbo King

Maybe post a picture of your Reaper preferences audio settings. Using ASIO?
It almost certainly is a driver issue with your Pod, but knowing the settings would be a start.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:08 PM   #4
Allyhellkiller
Banned

Ia ma olahout to ditch reaper if this crap keeps up.Constant crashing just git a parsing error project win't load.I spend more time trying ti fix it than hetting anything done.My Laptop is fairly newbwith a ssdbdrive.Really hating reaper right niw.
Allyhellkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:36 AM   #5
ivansc

Hopefully you can post a little more understandable description of what is happening precisely, what computer spec & operating system you are using, plus any plugins that you are using when this happens. Also, what are you using for an Audio MIDI interface?

Having just reviewed everything you have ever posted on here, it seems like mostly you aren't interested in getting help or advice, just want to rant. People on here are just regular users, trying to help each other out. We don`t need to get an ear bending and then have our offers and suggestions of help ignored.

Calm down, look at what is actually going on and most importantly tell us exactly what the parsing error you are getting says.
This could well come down to something totally unrelated to Reaper itself, but you will never know if you don't give us a sensible explanation.

Last edited by ivansc; 01-16-2020 at 10:42 AM.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote