Old 02-20-2024, 08:26 AM   #3281
sockmonkey72
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtierney View Post
Really appreciating the update, thank you cfillion!

Quick question–I can't remember if the various Fill Gaps actions worked this way before in Reaper 6.XX but... When I use the Fill Gaps actions now, they break the crossfade after the ones I'm trying to fill. I made a little gif to show it–I'm using "SWS/AW: Fill gaps between selected items (advanced, use last settings)" for the sake of convenience. It's working perfectly on the crossfade between the two selected items like it should, but then the crossfade on the right gets ruined. Is there a workaround? I feel like in the older reaper versions it didn't break the next fade, but I could just be misremembering

Thank you!!
We'll check this out (whether it's a regression, and whether/when it can be fixed)!
Old 02-20-2024, 12:11 PM   #3282
mr.cello

Default ReaPack Install of latest Beta crashing Reaper?

I have last stable version installed in my set up. Do I need to "uninstall" it before updating to the new 2.14 version in ReaPack? When I try to do the update Reaper crashes (lost 20 minutes worth of set up just now )
mr.cello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 12:13 PM   #3283
cfillion

Update ReaPack to 1.2.4.4 or newer first, it fixes that crash when installing SWS. No need to manually uninstall the previous version of SWS beforehand.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 03:44 PM   #3284
mr.cello

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
Update ReaPack to 1.2.4.4 or newer first, it fixes that crash when installing SWS. No need to manually uninstall the previous version of SWS beforehand.
Merci mon compatriot de l'est (@cfillion)!
mr.cello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 01:06 AM   #3285
sockmonkey72

Quote:
Really appreciating the update, thank you cfillion!

Quick question–I can't remember if the various Fill Gaps actions worked this way before in Reaper 6.XX but... When I use the Fill Gaps actions now, they break the crossfade after the ones I'm trying to fill. I made a little gif to show it–I'm using "SWS/AW: Fill gaps between selected items (advanced, use last settings)" for the sake of convenience. It's working perfectly on the crossfade between the two selected items like it should, but then the crossfade on the right gets ruined. Is there a workaround? I feel like in the older reaper versions it didn't break the next fade, but I could just be misremembering

Thank you!!
This is not a (recent) regression -- tested using the v2.13.2.1 2c9f7e3c build with the last REAPER 6. Would you mind adding a Github issue for it, so it doesn't get lost?
Old 02-21-2024, 11:11 AM   #3286
mtierney

Thanks for checking on it sockmonkey, I couldn't remember if that was the typical behavior or not. Happy to make a github issue for it! But, before I do just to be sure–is the current behavior on purpose? I can't think of a reason why someone would prefer the current behavior, I just want to make sure I'm not finding a "bug" that's actually just the normal behavior

Thanks again!
mtierney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 01:27 PM   #3287
sockmonkey72

Quote:
Thanks for checking on it sockmonkey, I couldn't remember if that was the typical behavior or not. Happy to make a github issue for it! But, before I do just to be sure–is the current behavior on purpose? I can't think of a reason why someone would prefer the current behavior, I just want to make sure I'm not finding a "bug" that's actually just the normal behavior

Thanks again!
I can't imagine that it's anything other than a bug, but unreasonable people may disagree.
Old 02-21-2024, 01:33 PM   #3288
mtierney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey72 View Post
I can't imagine that it's anything other than a bug, but unreasonable people may disagree.
Agreed haha. Ok I made the github issue! I also put a link to my original post here on the reaper forum, and I'll leave the GIF uploaded there so it's clear what I mean. Thanks again!
mtierney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 04:05 PM   #3289
BartR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
To me crashed but when I restarted Reaper and I refreshed the ReaPack SWS: everything was fine.
BartR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 06:14 AM   #3290
D-Reaper

Default Notes - Region/Markers subtitles?

I would like to know it there is a tutorial or any information explaining how to use the "subtitle" options of the Notes.

I´ve been searching around and messing around with it, but couldn´t figure out how it works.

Many thanks.
D-Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 11:42 AM   #3291
Coachz

How to get * to work in auto color please ?

Coachz Repo
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 07:55 AM   #3292
MeWest

when using alternative shortcuts, cycle action commands do not work.
MeWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 09:24 AM   #3293
smandrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
How to get * to work in auto color please ?

you mean as a wildcard? because it works here

Old 03-09-2024, 07:11 AM   #3294
Belief

Default Auto color Icon path/location lost

Today we started to use Auto color from SWS and really like it. After I added some Icon for testing and then went back to ad more Icons to other tracks the icons not show up anymore. I get the file location where i have my reaper media and then need to navigate to the file location for each icon. How can i get back so i see icons and can ad them instant without navigate to its file location? Img attached

Belief
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iconlost.jpg (96.2 KB, 24 views)
Belief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 07:53 PM   #3295
Belief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belief View Post
Today we started to use Auto color from SWS and really like it. After I added some Icon for testing and then went back to ad more Icons to other tracks the icons not show up anymore. I get the file location where i have my reaper media and then need to navigate to the file location for each icon. How can i get back so i see icons and can ad them instant without navigate to its file location? Img attached

Belief
After a SWS reinstall i got all back to normal.

Belief
Belief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 10:00 AM   #3296
BeliefHolePodcast

Default Delete Offline Media?

Hey there! It seems like SWS would be capable of this, but im not a scripting guy.

I need a command to select all offline media so I can delete it. I've got 400 offline media pieces interspersed throughout the session.

Seeing as how there is a "SWS/BR: Toggle media item online/offline" action - I would imagine SWS can see media items offline state, and thus identify them to select them all using a custom action. But I don't see this action anywhere online or conversation about it, so thought i'd throw it out.

I even tried using chat GPT 4 to write me some code in lua to achieve the selecting of all offline media items, but after much testing, the chat suggested "Directly querying the online/offline status may still be challenging without a specific API function for this purpose, but the capabilities of SWS broaden what's possible beyond Reaper's native scripting functionalities. For a more targeted solution regarding selecting offline items specifically, the best approach remains manual selection or community collaboration." — so here I am. Man can hopefully still beat machine. 🙌
BeliefHolePodcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 07:15 PM   #3297
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeliefHolePodcast View Post
I need a command to select all offline media so I can delete it. I've got 400 offline media pieces interspersed throughout the session.
Offline is a property of the takes's source media not of items. An item can contain multiple online takes and offline ones at the same time.

How should your script handle that case? Perhaps it should instead be "delete all takes with offline media" and removes items that become empty, if any.

Quote:
the chat suggested "Directly querying the online/offline status may still be challenging without a specific API function for this purpose
SWS provides the API function CF_GetMediaSourceOnline.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 08:51 AM   #3298
Buy One

Quote:
Hey there! It seems like SWS would be capable of this, but im not a scripting guy.

This can be done under the Source Media tab in the Project Bay. All offline sources have status offline. Click on the Status bar to sort them by status. Select all offline sources, right click -> Retain/remove -> Remove from project
Old 03-26-2024, 07:00 AM   #3299
Tim Rideout

Default Feature Request: Toggle Rules as Active / Inactive

Hello fabulous SWS people,

Today as I was cleaning up all my completely disarrayed Track Rules in the Auto-Color action window, I said to my self, Self, wouldn't it be great to be able to toggle a rule ON or OFF?

So here I am with said suggestion

Keep up the amazing work xx
Old Yesterday, 06:15 AM   #3300
smandrap

Default Close all floating FX windows except focused one closes all windows

\Action close all FX windows, except focused one closes all windows. I remember the action working fine in reaper 6 though.

Edit: first of all i'm on macOS, other people tell me that on windows it works fine.
It seems to behave like this:
  • With reaplugs works good in any case
  • With vst/au/jsfx it does NOT work when the last clicked thing is the plugin UI
  • with vst/au/jsfx it DOES work (well... sometimes) if the last clicked thing is the plugin window titlebar

Last edited by smandrap; Yesterday at 08:06 AM.
smandrap is online now   Reply With Quote