Old 10-23-2019, 01:22 AM   #1
themorthor
Human being with feelings

Default GSR24 fader layers??

Hey guys
I am thinking about buying a GSR24, and I was wondering if it was possible to have the faders (which support HUI or MIDI) in multiple banks of 24 (or 8), allowing for multiple tracks of mixing In Reaper.
Would I have to use some sort of midi remapping software or an MCU emulator, or could I program this in reaper?
Thanks
themorthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:23 AM   #2
mschnell

Very Likely the CSI Reaper plugin will be able to manage this (see appropriate thread in this forum).

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 04:09 AM   #3
pane.valentin

Default Hello!

I just bought a GSR24M myself and looking to be able to control more than the 24 faders that the console supports by default.

There are no banking buttons available on the console which means that there are no internal address switches. However things could be done differently externally.

I'll fiddle a bit with CSI Reaper and update my findings here.
pane.valentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 05:47 PM   #4
themorthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pane.valentin View Post
I just bought a GSR24M myself and looking to be able to control more than the 24 faders that the console supports by default.

There are no banking buttons available on the console which means that there are no internal address switches. However things could be done differently externally.

I'll fiddle a bit with CSI Reaper and update my findings here.
Awesome, My initial thought was to use the MIDI enabled buttons on the console to flip between fader banks. Let me know how you go!
themorthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 01:13 AM   #5
pane.valentin

So unfortunately I found no way to cycle banks of faders.

No support from A&H because the console is out of date (no surprise there). Not even the SDK which is based on what I understand on an open source software (no surprise there either).

It's not a bad thing however. I have found ways to overcome this limitation by changing the workflow.

On 24 or less I route each channel to the console and if something else comes up I just buss it into a stereo channel.

When I have more than 24 tracks, I just send Folders to the console. and mix in the box.

Either way, the analog summing is doing it's job.
pane.valentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 02:10 AM   #6
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by pane.valentin View Post
So unfortunately I found no way to cycle banks of faders.

No support from A&H because the console is out of date (no surprise there). Not even the SDK which is based on what I understand on an open source software (no surprise there either).

It's not a bad thing however. I have found ways to overcome this limitation by changing the workflow.

On 24 or less I route each channel to the console and if something else comes up I just buss it into a stereo channel.

When I have more than 24 tracks, I just send Folders to the console. and mix in the box.

Either way, the analog summing is doing it's job.
Just in case you haven't seen these:

"Power the console on whilst holding down the PLAY transport button. Release then press Solo/Select switch 1. This sets the GS-R24 into MIDI mode 1."

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/AP...+GS-R24_UG.pdf

I'd play around with the midi modes and see what you get in a midi monitor.

The manual says 2 midi modes, but there have been more added -- is your firmware the latest they released ?

CSI -- the Control Surface Integrator project -- see sig below -- can probably get something workable...
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote