Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 05-27-2021, 03:09 PM   #41
pmiechi
Human being with feelings

Default CSI and X-Touch compact

Did anyone write de configuration files for a Behringer X-Touch Compact??
Thanks
pmiechi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:09 PM   #42
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmiechi View Post
Did anyone write de configuration files for a Behringer X-Touch Compact??
Thanks
Looking at the device, and knowing Behringer, I'd venture to guess you'd be perfectly fine tossing it in Mackie mode and using the X-Touch files or even MCU files as a starting point.

Those files will have extra buttons that the compact wouldn't, but that won't harm anything or prevent it from working. Plus, it's always easier to delete what's in the file and not being used than adding to it.

If you need help getting up and running with it, you can always hop on over to the CSI Device Setup thread.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 07:09 AM   #43
pmiechi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Looking at the device, and knowing Behringer, I'd venture to guess you'd be perfectly fine tossing it in Mackie mode and using the X-Touch files or even MCU files as a starting point.

Those files will have extra buttons that the compact wouldn't, but that won't harm anything or prevent it from working. Plus, it's always easier to delete what's in the file and not being used than adding to it.

If you need help getting up and running with it, you can always hop on over to the CSI Device Setup thread.
Hi, I've just modified Xtouch .mst file to use it with XtouchCompact and replace the FLIP for the GLOBALVIEW.

But it doesn't work fine with Xtouch .zon file. I'll need to learn how to code it.

I'm sharing the .mst file
Attached Files
File Type: zip BehringerXTouchCompact.mst.zip (2.0 KB, 166 views)
Old 05-28-2021, 08:07 AM   #44
Funkybot

It seems odd to me that the .zon files wouldn't work. Does nothing work at all? Can you post your csi.ini files, and the .zon files?
Old 05-29-2021, 01:41 PM   #45
pmiechi

Sorry about my last message. The X-touch compact worked with my custom .mst file and with the default BehringerXtouch.zon file. The problem is that when I press PLAY o faders move to de middle and cannot find why is that?. I press STOP and the faders remains the same.

The FADERS still control de track volume but they are no where supposed to be.

To go back to normal, have to press SELECT on a track. And then GLOBAL.

I also noticed that when not using CSI a configure de Xtouch Compact in Reaper as Mackie Control Universal have the same issue.

I Attached my files.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: ini CSI.ini (148 Bytes, 139 views)
File Type: zip Archivo.zip (5.6 KB, 146 views)
Old 05-29-2021, 02:55 PM   #46
pmiechi

Quote:
Sorry about my last message. The X-touch compact worked with my custom .mst file and with the default BehringerXtouch.zon file. The problem is that when I press PLAY o faders move to de middle and cannot find why is that?. I press STOP and the faders remains the same.

The FADERS still control de track volume but they are no where supposed to be.

To go back to normal, have to press SELECT on a track. And then GLOBAL.

I also noticed that when not using CSI a configure de Xtouch Compact in Reaper as Mackie Control Universal have the same issue.

I Attached my files.

Thanks
I found the problem. It was a Reset on: PLAY tick on Reaper MIDI DEVICES preferences.

Image attached

Hope be useful

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Captura de Pantalla 2021-05-29 a la(s) 18.49.02.jpg (57.3 KB, 182 views)
Old 05-29-2021, 03:06 PM   #47
Funkybot

Quote:
I found the problem. It was a Reset on: PLAY tick on Reaper MIDI DEVICES preferences.

Image attached

Hope be useful

Thanks
If you're trying to use the X-Touch Compact with CSI, you're unfortunately not doing it correctly. If you're trying to use CSI, the X-Touch Compact ports need to be disabled in Reaper. Then you need to add CSI in the Control/OSC/Web preferences, and add the X-Touch Compact there.
Old 05-30-2021, 03:39 AM   #48
mschnell

Quote:
The ... ports need to be disabled in Reaper.
Quote:
Ooops

That seems to be a dangerous setting.

Maybe CSI could issue a warning in such case ? ...

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 07:42 AM   #49
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Ooops

That seems to be a dangerous setting.

Maybe CSI could issue a warning in such case ? ...

-Michael
That "reset on Play" setting doesn't impact CSI. What's going on in is that the poster has configured the device as a typical MIDI device in Reaper and not as a CSI device. So the poster is not using CSI at all even if they think they are.

When Reaper's got access to the X-Touch MIDI Devices as shown in the screen print, that means CSI cannot access them. It's one or the other.
Old 05-31-2021, 02:55 PM   #50
mschnell

Quote:
When Reaper's got access to the X-Touch MIDI Devices as shown in the screen print, that means CSI cannot access them. It's one or the other.
That's not what had been reported.
-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 03:17 PM   #51
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
That's not what had been reported.
-Michael
I'm not sure I follow you. I was responding to what I saw in pmiechi's screen print. The issue he reported about the "Reset on Play" setting impacting the faders is not a CSI thing, and the screen print showed the X-Touch Compact as an active MIDI Device in Reaper, which would be incorrect for a CSI setup.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:58 AM   #52
pmiechi

Default CSI for X-Touch Compact

Quote:
I'm not sure I follow you. I was responding to what I saw in pmiechi's screen print. The issue he reported about the "Reset on Play" setting impacting the faders is not a CSI thing, and the screen print showed the X-Touch Compact as an active MIDI Device in Reaper, which would be incorrect for a CSI setup.
Great, I understood. If I disable Xtouch as midi device the "Reset on Play" setting wouldn't be an issue.
I made some advances and build a .zon file for SSL Channelstrip.

I'm sharing my working setup for X-Touch Compact. It needs more work but works great.

I also attached a jpg with new mapping.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CSI_reaper_behringerXtouchCOmpact_custom mapping.jpg (50.7 KB, 232 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip BehringerXTouchCompact.zip (13.8 KB, 142 views)
Old 06-01-2021, 06:43 PM   #53
Funkybot

Glad you're making progress!
Old 06-08-2021, 04:13 PM   #54
John_M

Thanks for this. I’ve set it up but channel faders on the xtouch don’t snap to the locations in reaper. I’m on windows 10 and latest reaper. Moving faders on surface controls reaper. But if I move the fader bank right and back left there all go full down. The master stays put. A simple setting somewhere ?
John_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:34 PM   #55
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_M View Post
Thanks for this. I’ve set it up but channel faders on the xtouch don’t snap to the locations in reaper. I’m on windows 10 and latest reaper. Moving faders on surface controls reaper. But if I move the fader bank right and back left there all go full down. The master stays put. A simple setting somewhere ?
Are you saying the faders are resetting to zero? What device are you using? How is the device communicating with Reaper: are you using CSI or do you have the device connected directly via Reaper?

If you're trying to use CSI, make sure you have the device disabled in Reaper's MIDI Devices. CSI needs to access the MIDI ports. My guess is that the Device is enabled in Reaper's preferences, and you have Reset on Play enabled. And if so, that means you're not using CSI.

If you still need help, post back with more details about what specifically is happening and include either the CSI files you're using (csi.ini, zon file) and some screen prints of your Reaper Preferences for MIDI Devices.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:44 AM   #56
John_M

Quote:
Are you saying the faders are resetting to zero? What device are you using? How is the device communicating with Reaper: are you using CSI or do you have the device connected directly via Reaper?

If you're trying to use CSI, make sure you have the device disabled in Reaper's MIDI Devices. CSI needs to access the MIDI ports. My guess is that the Device is enabled in Reaper's preferences, and you have Reset on Play enabled. And if so, that means you're not using CSI.

If you still need help, post back with more details about what specifically is happening and include either the CSI files you're using (csi.ini, zon file) and some screen prints of your Reaper Preferences for MIDI Devices.
Thank you again! The faders in Reaper are all at a non -inf setting,when it connects all the faders on Xtouch go to -inf. If I adjust the faders on surface it follows in Reaper, switch banks they all go to -inf on the surface again. I disabled midi devices, used CSI exlusively. Screen shots attached - - is it possible that because the project was created BEFORE I added control surfaces that the parameters don't know where the faders are to start? For example - If I move the fader up on the xtouch - reaper immediately follows in such a way that it drops to -inf and goes up. If I then grab that fader in Reaper and move it down, the surface follows - if I move it up - nothing. I'll listen more closely but there's almost a stuttering like the surface is trying to go up but something holding it back. If I then move reaper fader down to -inf the surface follows.
Attached Images
File Type: png RPref.PNG (38.8 KB, 173 views)
File Type: png zone.PNG (28.2 KB, 168 views)
File Type: png plugin.PNG (7.4 KB, 162 views)
File Type: png Xpref.PNG (9.8 KB, 165 views)

Last edited by John_M; 06-09-2021 at 09:12 AM.
Old 06-09-2021, 10:21 AM   #57
Funkybot

Quote:
Thank you again! The faders in Reaper are all at a non -inf setting,when it connects all the faders on Xtouch go to -inf. If I adjust the faders on surface it follows in Reaper, switch banks they all go to -inf on the surface again. I disabled midi devices, used CSI exlusively. Screen shots attached - -
So far so good.

Quote:
is it possible that because the project was created BEFORE I added control surfaces that the parameters don't know where the faders are to start?
No, that shouldn't have any bearing. Reaper will always tell CSI where the faders go on project launch.

This is with what device? The X-Touch, the X-Touch Compact, the X-Touch One, etc.? Just trying to get my bearings and there's a lot of X-Touch family devices.

Next question: does the X-Touch device have different modes? The X-Touch One has MCU STD, MCU Logic, MCU Reaper, MCU Cubase, MCU User, MCU Live. If your device has different modes, which one are you using? I recommend MCU STD as a starting point.

Now, assuming you've got an 8-fader X-Touch or X-Touch Compact, if you can get your device is in MCU STD mode, try this:

1. Go to your CSI preferences for the Device
2. Use the included MCU.mst and MCU.zon file

...Does that solve it? If yes, great. That means the issue is in your .mst and .zon files somewhere.

If not, zip up your csi.ini, x-touch.mst, and x-touch.zon files and post them here so we can look at the files themselves.

Quote:
For example - If I move the fader up on the xtouch - reaper immediately follows in such a way that it drops to -inf and goes up. If I then grab that fader in Reaper and move it down, the surface follows - if I move it up - nothing. I'll listen more closely but there's almost a stuttering like the surface is trying to go up but something holding it back. If I then move reaper fader down to -inf the surface follows.
That could be a sign something is wrong, but let's try the other stuff first. That said, do you have another DAW you can test the device on? Might be worth trying another host just to confirm everything works there. I'd expect yes, but you never know.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:22 PM   #58
John_M

Appreciate it - using the MCU files leads to the same issues but with less of the function buttons working. I'm using the XTouch Universal Control Surface - - the 8 channel one with the jog wheel. When power on it says 1.15 and 1.03 - - one of thse must be firmware. I was told it was up to date.

And i set the surface to MC and USB since it's connected to my machine via USB
Attached Files
File Type: zip BehringerXTouch.zip (5.4 KB, 176 views)

Last edited by John_M; 06-09-2021 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:41 PM   #59
Funkybot

Quote:
Appreciate it - using the MCU files leads to the same issues but with less of the function buttons working. I'm using the XTouch Universal Control Surface - - the 8 channel one with the jog wheel. When power on it says 1.15 and 1.03 - - one of thse must be firmware. I was told it was up to date.
I'm at a loss, things look ok on first glance. Here's what I'd try:

1. Re-download and reinstall the CSI plugin file
2. Just confirm what operating mode the X-Touch is setup in:

https://mediadl.musictribe.com/media...UCH_QSG_WW.pdf

...the "Getting Started" page of the manual has details on how to check that.

If that still doesn't solve your problem, you can pop over to the main CSI thread for more help (maybe someone will spot something I'm missing). Personally, if it's not the surface and the CSI version is the right one, next, I would start tearing apart the zone file to the basics. Start with just a channel zone and transport buttons. Then add in slowly until it stops working. That will help pinpoint the problem. But first try #1 and #2 above. There was a bad CSI build floating around for a day or so and maybe you just downloaded at the exact wrong time? Not sure.
Old 06-21-2021, 04:11 PM   #60
spkr4thdd

Quote:

And i set the surface to MC and USB since it's connected to my machine via USB
John, did you get sorted?

FYI, the latest firmware for the X-Touch is now 1.21 / 1.04 rather than the figures you state. I only updated mine last week. I'm lead to believe it now allows us to control the colours of the scribble strips by methods other than the XCTRL protocol, but I've yet to get that far...

I have my X-Touch set up with files for both 1.0 and the beta 1.1 so can dig in a little if you need help? I'll look over the files you shared and see if I can see anything glaring, failing that I'll maybe send you my 1.0 .mst and .zon for the controller which I branched from Mike's.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:36 AM   #61
John_M

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkr4thdd View Post
John, did you get sorted?

FYI, the latest firmware for the X-Touch is now 1.21 / 1.04 rather than the figures you state. I only updated mine last week. I'm lead to believe it now allows us to control the colours of the scribble strips by methods other than the XCTRL protocol, but I've yet to get that far...

I have my X-Touch set up with files for both 1.0 and the beta 1.1 so can dig in a little if you need help? I'll look over the files you shared and see if I can see anything glaring, failing that I'll maybe send you my 1.0 .mst and .zon for the controller which I branched from Mike's.
Thank you so much! I'm unfortunately not sorted still. I updated the FW to 1.21, no change, I installed reaper on another windows machine and tested Xtouch there with the same result. My brother has a Mac and I plan to bring the Xtouch there to see if it works on his Reaper installation. If you have zone and or mst files I'd happily swap them in. Since this last email I've gotten midi cables and gone midi to XR18 - same result. Also got a USB to Midi in out cable and also same result. The channel faders just don't want to follow suit. Master Fader and everything else is fine. This is usually the point in trouble shooting that I'm doing something stupid and missed a simple step
Old 06-30-2021, 09:48 AM   #62
Funkybot

Quote:
Thank you so much! I'm unfortunately not sorted still. I updated the FW to 1.21, no change, I installed reaper on another windows machine and tested Xtouch there with the same result. My brother has a Mac and I plan to bring the Xtouch there to see if it works on his Reaper installation. If you have zone and or mst files I'd happily swap them in. Since this last email I've gotten midi cables and gone midi to XR18 - same result. Also got a USB to Midi in out cable and also same result. The channel faders just don't want to follow suit. Master Fader and everything else is fine. This is usually the point in trouble shooting that I'm doing something stupid and missed a simple step
I really think you should be seriously considering that your unit is just not working. Based on what I saw from your screen prints, your .mst and .zon files, it should be working in CSI.

The fact that it's not working anywhere is kind of a red flag and points to the hardware IMO.

Do you have any other DAW you can test it in? Does it work in Reaper without using CSI, just as a Mackie Controller? If it doesn't work in Reaper without CSI, and doesn't work on another DAW and doesn't work on different PC's...it's not you. Get it exchanged while you can.
Old 06-30-2021, 10:48 AM   #63
spkr4thdd

Quote:
I really think you should be seriously considering that your unit is just not working. Based on what I saw from your screen prints, your .mst and .zon files, it should be working in CSI.

The fact that it's not working anywhere is kind of a red flag and points to the hardware IMO.

Do you have any other DAW you can test it in? Does it work in Reaper without using CSI, just as a Mackie Controller? If it doesn't work in Reaper without CSI, and doesn't work on another DAW and doesn't work on different PC's...it's not you. Get it exchanged while you can.
^^ This.
Old 12-03-2021, 07:42 AM   #64
WimV

Default Behringer X-Touch files

Hi Mike,

I read here that others get it working, so I must do something wrong. My Surface works with Reaper in thhe normal MCU protocol. After installing and choosing CSI (and remove MCU) and dropping in the X-tpouch files, there is no action. Replacing it by the MCU files and folder there is a little action again. SO my conclusion is that CSI works, the controller works, but the Behringer file is misused by me.
Mac os 10.13, X-touch firmware 1.15.
Can you give me a suggestion?
BTW, on my windows 10 laptop exactly the same
WimV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:45 AM   #65
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WimV View Post
Hi Mike,

I read here that others get it working, so I must do something wrong. My Surface works with Reaper in thhe normal MCU protocol. After installing and choosing CSI (and remove MCU) and dropping in the X-tpouch files, there is no action. Replacing it by the MCU files and folder there is a little action again. SO my conclusion is that CSI works, the controller works, but the Behringer file is misused by me.
Mac os 10.13, X-touch firmware 1.15.
Can you give me a suggestion?
BTW, on my windows 10 laptop exactly the same
1. Make sure you have the X-Touch MIDI ports DISABLED in Reaper's Preferences -> MIDI Devices. If they're enabled, then CSI can't access them. This is the most common cause of no response from CSI.

2. If not that, try posting the contents of your CSI.ini file here. From there, we should be able to see if the devices are setup correctly. If you prefer, you can open the CSI Preferences and post screen prints of the CSI settings, and the device settings in CSI. Either approach (csi.ini or screen prints) works.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:35 AM   #66
WimV

Default X-touch in Reaper through CSI

Hi, Thanks for reacting, wow.
Attached some screenshots, cause I don't see what's wrong. Would be great if you could help me.
Attached Images
File Type: png ini file CSI.png (41.7 KB, 124 views)
File Type: png Surface settings.png (46.4 KB, 113 views)
File Type: png xtouch settings.png (35.2 KB, 110 views)
File Type: png Userplugins.png (52.8 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg midi disabled.jpg (20.2 KB, 104 views)
Old 12-04-2021, 06:45 AM   #67
WimV

Default resource path

and here a screenshot of the resource patch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reaper resource path.jpg (21.7 KB, 118 views)
Old 12-04-2021, 09:11 AM   #68
Funkybot

WimV, a few things:

1. There's a weird empty page at the bottom of your CSI.ini. As a first step, I would suggest [with Reaper closed] deleting the csi.ini, then re-opening Reaper, going back to the CSI preferences, creating a page named "Home", then add the surface back in.

2. Make sure you're using CSI version 1.1, and you're using CSI version 1.1 .zon files for your surface. Old files are NOT compatible with CSI v1.1. If your Zone\X-Touch folder just has one .zon file called something like x-touch.zon, then it's a CSI v1.0 file and will NOT work. CSI v1.1 requires one zone per .zon file and would look like this:

home.zon
channel.zon
buttons.zon
sends.zon
etc.

...there are some files in the CSI v1.1 download for the MCU that should look like that and work with the X-Touch.

3. For the surface settings, use 8 channels, 0 offset, 8 sends, 8 FX menu.

Lastly, make sure you've got your X-Touch connected via USB and that's the MIDI port that's being used by CSI.

If you need to additional troubleshooting, look for the Reaper action "CSI show input from surfaces" and see if CSI is receiving any data from the surface when you press buttons and move faders. If yes, that means CSI can receive messages from your hardware and instead indicates a problem with your .zon files and folders.
Old 12-09-2021, 02:51 PM   #69
John_M

Just wanted to say that after a bit I got another xTouch and it worked! So you were all correct that the old one was defective. I like it so much that I got the extender. I added another midi device and chose the extender files and it works too, with 2 weirdisms on the extender. 1) the Solo buttons don't work on the extender 2) I set up the extender with 8988 so that it would start on channel 9, else it has the same channels as the main surface. This sorta works but starts on channel 10, so 9 is gone, if I scroll channels it works, just thought it should start on 9. Any new Extender files? Also does anyone know which button is RTZ? Rewind just acts like a sorta jog wheel.
Old 03-06-2022, 03:44 AM   #70
Michelob

Hi everyone,

In order to make CSI work...

Will the Extender alone do the job, or do I absolutely have to buy the X-touch ?

My desk would appreciate the Extender-only version

Thanks,

Michel
Michelob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 06:17 AM   #71
Finow79

I think the extender will run with CSI. But i can´t find any "mst" file for it in the CSI folder. Maybe someone made a file about it.
Finow79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 03:39 AM   #72
Michelob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finow79 View Post
I think the extender will run with CSI. But i can´t find any "mst" file for it in the CSI folder. Maybe someone made a file about it.
I've seen some people on the web using CSI with Extender connected to X-Touch.

Do you mean that the existing file won't work on the only Extender ?
Old 03-07-2022, 05:14 AM   #73
Finow79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelob View Post
I've seen some people on the web using CSI with Extender connected to X-Touch.
Hi Michel!

You could asked the people on the web?

Quote:
Do you mean that the existing file won't work on the only Extender ?
I don´t know? But you can try it out, move faders or knobs. See what happens?

You know how to:
- install CSI?
- edit files for CSI?

Felix
Old 03-07-2022, 11:11 AM   #74
Michelob

Hi Felix,

That's a good idea in fact.

So, is there anyone here who got the Extender, and who could try, confirm, that the Extender in a standalone config, could work with CSI ?

Felix, no I haven't tried yet. My question above is a pre-sale question, in fact. I just know that I'd like to quit my good old Faderport, and try using some control surface with 8 CC faders.

X-touch Extender seems to be the one that will fit the best my setup, but I havn't ever tried CSI.
Old 03-07-2022, 11:31 AM   #75
Finow79

Hi Michel,
I use multiple devices. A huge advantage of CSI. Among other things, an Xtouch one and a Behringer BCF2000. I would recommend the latter ( BCF2000) to start with because it is inexpensive ( look for a used one) and there are corresponding files in the CSI folder.

Felix
Old 03-07-2022, 02:22 PM   #76
Michelob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finow79 View Post
Hi Michel,
I use multiple devices. A huge advantage of CSI. Among other things, an Xtouch one and a Behringer BCF2000. I would recommend the latter ( BCF2000) to start with because it is inexpensive ( look for a used one) and there are corresponding files in the CSI folder.

Felix

Hi Felix,

Well, I'll wait anyway for some feedback about the X-touch Extender.

I know the famous BCF, which has very good reputation, but I'm not that enthousiast at the idea of buying second hand motorized faders.

Of course, if there's no easy possibility to marry the Extender and CSI, I'll reconsider this.

Thanks again.

Michel
Old 03-11-2022, 11:43 AM   #77
Steviekeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by edding View Post
Thank you for your work.
EDIT:
In the beggining this happen to me:
I can move the faders from reaper and x touch reflect it and move it, but when i try to move from X touch it doesnt reflect on reaper. After 3 secords the fader return to the original position.

Later i tried to use the action CSI Edit mode and check show mode input from surfaces. After that, the fader doesnt return to inital position but some other faults is happening:
-Everty time i push "select" from track doesnt work but cycle is lighted on surface
-PRevious Fader bank doesnt work
-next channel doesnt work

There is a huge delay between any movements and the effect on reaper
I get this sometimes! looks like the midi isn't getting into reaper. starting all my midi stuff before powering the computer usually sorts it!! (I also had unneeded drivers causing this randomly)
Steviekeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 11:45 AM   #78
Steviekeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Ossarium View Post
Hi,

i have made configuration files for the Behringer X-Touch & X-Touch Extender.
Please let me know if you encounter problems or have some feature requests.

BR, Mike

https://stash.reaper.fm/38709/CSI_Be...tender_V01.zip
nice!
How is this different from Mackie Control Unit MCU, as they are very similar?
Old 03-11-2022, 11:48 AM   #79
Steviekeys

The .mst works

but, only with MCU zone folder, not Xtouch one, it seems.
Old 03-11-2022, 11:51 AM   #80
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviekeys View Post
The .mst works

but, only with MCU zone folder, not Xtouch one, it seems.
If you've got an X-Touch One, what CSI files/setup to use ends up becoming dependent on a few variables:

1. What MC mode you're using in the X-Touch One

AND

2. What firmware revision you are on

Behringer released two firmware updates, and each one changed the behavior of various modes. So yeah, on many modes, the MCU files are indeed the way to go. Particularly with the 1.09 firmware.