Old 05-23-2006, 04:47 PM   #1
Soundbytes
Human being with feelings

Default remove ReaRoute (Sorry I had to)

How to remove rearoute (or any other unwanted/outdated Asio driver) in five easy steps:

(1) open regedit
(2) find these keys:
(3) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO\ReaRoute ASIO HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9761988D-FB5D-4258-9AE4-0B99B5D5F842}
(4) remove them
(5) done

there might be some debris left but at least I can get back to working again. I am afraid this Rearoute thing broke wavelab on my computer. I'll surely give it another try when I have more time - and on my second machine.

BTW: I tried with wavelab4 and reaper0.954

regards

Andreas
Soundbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:07 PM   #2
Justin
Administrator

no problem.. I made the installer for .955 remove it the same way if you install without rearoute, as well as if you uninstall.

-Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 06:50 PM   #3
malcolmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundbytes
I am afraid this Rearoute thing broke wavelab on my computer. I'll surely give it another try when I have more time - and on my second machine.

BTW: I tried with wavelab4 and reaper0.954
Hi Andreas,

Can you tell me what you mean by "broke Wavelab"? Any error messages you can remember?

Cheers,

Malcolm.
malcolmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:35 PM   #4
Soundbytes

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmj
Hi Andreas,

Can you tell me what you mean by "broke Wavelab"? Any error messages you can remember?

Cheers,

Malcolm.
There weren't any. Wavelab simply froze at startup after having scanned the vstplugin folder. I tried to kill wavelab-app.exe in process explorer but could not and had to reboot the OS.

Anyway it seems like things have improved with the latest release. After having updated to 0.955 all I can now start and use Wavelab with all available ASIO drivers except ReaRoute. When I try to use ReaRoute WaveLab complains and tells me it can not change the SR to 44100. Strangely however the samplerate had already been set to this value. (that is at least what it looked like)
What I did was start Reaper, then start wavelab and select ReaRoute as the asio driver in wavelab The asio driver in reaper was set to EMU-ASIO I created a reaper track and assigned Rearoute channels 1 and 2 as inputs then loaded a wave into wavelab and hit play (in wavelab and later in reaper as well) playback did not work instead I received this error message. I then played around a bit with the wavelab buffer settings. After I had decreased the buffer size playback would start but there was no audio output. The level meters in wavelab seemed stuck at an initial value and did not move further.

I did that just to test the thing a bit because I had wavelab open anyway. in a real world situation I probably would prefer to stream the output of another program into reaper.

More testing: Tobybear MiniHost works fine here while Melodyne UNO crashes when ReaRoute ASIO is selected.

On the other hand I have to admit that I am not too keen on using ReaRoute in the near future since the emu soundcard that I am using allows to pipe audio streams through the soundcard mixer from any application to another. On my second computer I have an ESI soundcard that can do the same as well through the drivers.

regards

Andreas
Soundbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:51 PM   #5
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundbytes
How to remove rearoute
Im calling the cops
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 03:01 AM   #6
malcolmj

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Glad to hear that things are working better for you in 955.

Cheers,

Malcolm.
malcolmj is offline   Reply With Quote