Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 08-08-2019, 12:54 AM   #561
moss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavybeats View Post
Hi Moss, just installed latest 7.05 and get the following error appear immediately:

"drivenbymoss: ERROR: Could not register native functionsjava.lang.NoSuchMethodError: Method de.mossgrabers.reaper.ui.MainFrame.delayUpdates(Lj ava/lang/StringV not found"

I am on Windows 10, latest Reaper build 5.981. LAst Build I was running was 7.01 and was all fine.
You have mixed up version. Make sure to clean up the UserPlugins folder and extract the ZIP again.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:03 PM   #562
heavybeats

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
You have mixed up version. Make sure to clean up the UserPlugins folder and extract the ZIP again.
Thank you and yes that was the issue, should have tried this first, sorry for time wasting!
heavybeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:51 PM   #563
Wechsel

Default Novation LaunchPad mini request

Hi Moss. Could you add Launchpad Mini support please? I tried using it with a preset for large Launchpad models, but all the functions are scattered throughout the layout and mixed up. They cannot be used to work with the mini version.

Plus, there is a question. At the moment, when you run DrivenByMoss (any version, including the latest), the Reaper crashes instantly if you add any Melda plug-in to the project. Is this extension incompatible with Melda plugins?

Thank you very much for your work.
Wechsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:53 AM   #564
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wechsel View Post
Hi Moss. Could you add Launchpad Mini support please? I tried using it with a preset for large Launchpad models, but all the functions are scattered throughout the layout and mixed up. They cannot be used to work with the mini version.
Since I do not own this device, there are no plans to support it.

Quote:
Plus, there is a question. At the moment, when you run DrivenByMoss (any version, including the latest), the Reaper crashes instantly if you add any Melda plug-in to the project. Is this extension incompatible with Melda plugins?
I do not use Melda plug-ins but read some problematic reports. You can try if separating them in an own process fixes it (Plugins -> Compatibility -> VST bridiging).
Old 08-15-2019, 01:39 AM   #565
Wechsel

Quote:
Since I do not own this device, there are no plans to support it.
That's a shame. I bought it, believing that the script is suitable. Thank you anyway.

Quote:
I do not use Melda plug-ins but read some problematic reports. You can try if separating them in an own process fixes it (Plugins -> Compatibility -> VST bridiging).
No, that doesn't help. Crash disappears only when DrivenByMoss4Reaper is removed from the control surface tab.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:24 AM   #566
moss

Quote:
No, that doesn't help. Crash disappears only when DrivenByMoss4Reaper is removed from the control surface tab.
Which of these plugins causes the crash, all of them or a specific one? What is your OS?
Old 08-15-2019, 09:06 AM   #567
Wechsel

Quote:
Which of these plugins causes the crash, all of them or a specific one? What is your OS?
Any melda plugin crashes the same. OS - Windows 10 x64 (build 1903).
Old 08-15-2019, 10:23 AM   #568
puddi

The solution to the Melda crashes is to go in to the settings on one of the Melda plugins and disable "GPU acceleration". After that they should work fine.
puddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:31 PM   #569
Joe90

Hi - thanks for this awesome tool Moss! However auto-focus is not working here on my komplete kontrol s61 mk1. Everything else works great, when I first load an instance of KK it autofocuses correctly, but when I arm another track that has an instance of KK and open the plugin it doesn't refocus, I have to hit 'instance' and do it manually. All other functions appear to be working correctly. It appears to be defaulting to reaper track control when I select a new channel, which is great, but I assume when I open the instance of KK it should auto focus on that?

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

FYI, I am loading my instances of KK in slot 2, because I have an EQ that sits in slot 1 by default, and I have the FX windows set to 'auto float'. I don't know if that would make a difference.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:16 PM   #570
puddi

When I use this in Reaper and then switch to Ableton all pads light up green and I have to restart my Push. Does anybody else have this problem?
puddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:15 AM   #571
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Hi - thanks for this awesome tool Moss! However auto-focus is not working here on my komplete kontrol s61 mk1. Everything else works great, when I first load an instance of KK it autofocuses correctly, but when I arm another track that has an instance of KK and open the plugin it doesn't refocus, I have to hit 'instance' and do it manually. All other functions appear to be working correctly. It appears to be defaulting to reaper track control when I select a new channel, which is great, but I assume when I open the instance of KK it should auto focus on that?

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

FYI, I am loading my instances of KK in slot 2, because I have an EQ that sits in slot 1 by default, and I have the FX windows set to 'auto float'. I don't know if that would make a difference.
The problem with Reaper is that the plugins do not have a selection state. Therefore, the state is only kept on the device and you have to select it there.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:17 AM   #572
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddi View Post
When I use this in Reaper and then switch to Ableton all pads light up green and I have to restart my Push. Does anybody else have this problem?
I change the color palette (since Ableton did that in the Firmware and depending on which version a user has installed you get mixed up colors with DrivenByMoss). Therefore, you need to switch it off and on again to reset the palette.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:59 PM   #573
moss

Just release version 8.00!
  • All devices
    • Fixed: Changing track selection did not correctly adjust the track bank page on the device (except Push)
  • Komplete Kontrol A-Series / M32
    • Fixed: Track name was not displayed
  • Novation Remote SL Mk III
    • New: Added setting to disable the faders (to prevent accidently changing volume)
  • Push 1/2
    • New: Changed layout of Repeat configuration settings (long press Repeat button)
    • New: Changed the layout of the quantize/groove mode
    • New: Implemented editing of note parameters: length and velocity
    • New: Session: The octave and page buttons navigate the pages of the session grid
    • New: Push 1: Show longer track/layer names in Details mode
    • New: Push 1: Indicate volume with one bar when VU is active
    • New: Push 2: Improved layout of transport mode
    • New: Push 2: Only redraw display image if something has changed
    • Fixed: Stepping out of track folders did skip a level
    • Fixed: Do not close transport mode when accidently tempo or position knob is touched.
    • Fixed: Push 1: Groove mode crashed
    • Fixed: Push 1: Layout of panorama on max right
    • Fixed: Push 1: Send modes could not be accessed
    • Fixed: Push 2: Notification messages were not shown on the display

Enjoy!
Old 09-01-2019, 01:40 PM   #574
themixtape

Thanks again, Jurgen!

I have an SL MKIII and I'm a little confused about why things don't work exactly as shown in your videos... wondering if you or anyone else can help.

I'm on Windows 7, 64-bit. Portable install of Reaper (I always use Reaper this way-- easy to back up/update, etc). I have everything configured correctly in the Plugins folder, or so I think.

Everything basically works as intended, except the Browser ("Insert").. I can change File Type, Device Type, etc. But nothing shows up in the Results. Nothing.

Also the Clip/Launching/Session mode doesn't really work at all... the buttons on the SL MKIII light up to match the color of whatever's on the track, and depending on where it is (bar-wise), that button plays from that bar/track. For instance, if I have 4 tracks, and track 1 has a loop starting at bar 1, that button will start the transport at bar 1. If track 2 has a loop starting at bar 2, that button will start/jump the transport from bar 2.

Like I said, everything else seems to work properly, except those things. And I often get weird colors from my transport buttons... the record button has a red circle, but the square border is yellow... until I press it, then it turns to red, lit up, and faded red, when I press stop.

Lots of weird things.

I have the MIDI input (in the Driven Configuration) set to MIDI IN 2 and MIDI INPUT 3 (as I have the regular "Novation SL MKIII" input enabled in Midi Devices), and MIDI output set to MIDI OUTPUT 2.

I just don't know what else I might be doing wrong. I greatly appreciate your help AND work! Thanks again!!!
Old 09-01-2019, 01:58 PM   #575
themixtape

Ok! I cleaned up the Plugins folder in Reaper and removed all the old Java files and extra files... and just put ONLY the stuff from the latest 8.00 zip. Now it looks like everything is working perfectly, as well as the COLORS! The colors are consistent now and not weird/random.

EDIT: I got the clip/Session stuff working. However, in the Configuration, "Start Recording" did nothing. "Create New Clip" does, but when I play the keys, nothing is recorded into the blank clip.... because the main record button is disable every time a new clip is launched (which you do mention in your latest video). I can't get it to create a new clip at all when "Start Recording" is selected. Do I have to have a bunch of blank MIDI clips ready, in that mode?

Sorry for all the questions... all your hard work is greatly appreciated but sometimes it's hard to understand everything.

With 8.00, Reaper is MUCH, much much slower now (I saw someone on YouTube comment the same)... lots of lag, playback, etc. The playhead/cursor is noticeably jerky. With even one plugin on ONE track (Arturia Analog Lab 4)... it's laggy. Two synth plugins double the lag.. three of them triples the lag. I have 32GB of ram, i7 quad-core processor and two SSDs (one for system, one for audio). Weird... still trying to troubleshoot... Should I downgrade to 7.05, to remove the lag?

Any help is greatly appreciated, always. Thank you, Jurgen!

Last edited by themixtape; 09-01-2019 at 03:09 PM.
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:06 AM   #576
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
Everything basically works as intended, except the Browser ("Insert").. I can change File Type, Device Type, etc. But nothing shows up in the Results. Nothing.
Tried it and it works fine for me. Do you see nothing in general or only if you use a filter? E.g. if you use Collections you need to create entries under the Folders section in the Reaper plugin browser.

Quote:
EDIT: I got the clip/Session stuff working. However, in the Configuration, "Start Recording" did nothing. "Create New Clip" does, but when I play the keys, nothing is recorded into the blank clip.
Ah, I see the problem with "Start Recording". If there is no clip I use the EmptyClip instance which simply does nothing. Need to think how to fix that.

Quote:
With 8.00, Reaper is MUCH, much much slower now (I saw someone on YouTube comment the same)... lots of lag, playback, etc. The playhead/cursor is noticeably jerky. With even one plugin on ONE track (Arturia Analog Lab 4)... it's laggy. Two synth plugins double the lag.. three of them triples the lag.
Hmm, no real idea, only that it could be related to Windows 7.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:15 AM   #577
freshmade

Default Missing Midi Device

Hello and thank you for making DrivenbyMoss available!

I am trying to use it in conjunction with Nyrinck's V-Control Pro to control my Digi Control-24.

It almost works ...except in the DrivenByMoss configuration window, one of the midi devices doesn't show up. -- V-Control creates four midi 'devices' for controlling up to 32 faders, etc. All the 'devices' appear in the menu except the first one. The midi-device shows up in Reaper's midi device list, just not in the DrivenByMoss setup window.

So I can get channels 9-16 and 17-24, but not 1-8 (or the global functions, I think).

Any idea why that might be happening?

Thank you!
freshmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:17 AM   #578
themixtape

Quote:
Tried it and it works fine for me. Do you see nothing in general or only if you use a filter? E.g. if you use Collections you need to create entries under the Folders section in the Reaper plugin browser.

Ah, I see the problem with "Start Recording". If there is no clip I use the EmptyClip instance which simply does nothing. Need to think how to fix that.

Hmm, no real idea, only that it could be related to Windows 7.
Happens in Windows 10, too, sadly... maybe a fix in the next update. Thanks Jurgen!
Old 09-04-2019, 02:26 PM   #579
machinesworking

Having an issue with the sends on Push 2. They snap back to zero on the Push display. In Reaper they are responding to the Push knob setting, but not on the display. Pan and volume are fine.

OSX Mojave, latest 8.00 release/
machinesworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:57 AM   #580
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmade View Post
Hello and thank you for making DrivenbyMoss available!

I am trying to use it in conjunction with Nyrinck's V-Control Pro to control my Digi Control-24.

It almost works ...except in the DrivenByMoss configuration window, one of the midi devices doesn't show up. -- V-Control creates four midi 'devices' for controlling up to 32 faders, etc. All the 'devices' appear in the menu except the first one. The midi-device shows up in Reaper's midi device list, just not in the DrivenByMoss setup window.

So I can get channels 9-16 and 17-24, but not 1-8 (or the global functions, I think).

Any idea why that might be happening?

Thank you!
That's a weird one. What platform are you on? Does the device name has any uncommon characters in it? Is it shown in Reaper as "present"?
Old 09-05-2019, 02:59 AM   #581
marcusonic

Hi Jürgen,

I have an Akai APC mini controller. Ever since the recent versions of your plugin (7/8), the lights on that controller (the pad buttons) no longer light up. As far as I can tell, operation itself is working fine. Just no colored lights at all.

In the Bitwig version, no lights in the beginning, only when I switch modes from Session to Play for example.

Nothing in REAPER - they just won't light up.

Performed fresh installs of REAPER on Mac as well as fresh installs of your plugin - nothing will make them light up... any ideas?

EDIT: I have this issue on Windows, Linux, Mac

Last edited by marcusonic; 09-05-2019 at 03:21 AM.
marcusonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:36 AM   #582
freshmade

Default Re: Missing Midi Device

Quote:
That's a weird one. What platform are you on? Does the device name has any uncommon characters in it? Is it shown in Reaper as "present"?
V-Control creates 4 Midi Devices:
The missing device is named "V-Control".
The others are named "V-Control XT2" ...3 ...4

Yes, Reaper shows all four inputs as present.

AND using those midi devices directly as Mackie MCU control surfaces works... all the midi ins/outs are seen by Reaper and usable. I would just do that except the DrivenByMoss functionality is just much better, I think.

On OS-X 10.12.5
Reaper (v5.983) ...latest.

Does that spark any ideas?

Thanks so much!
freshmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 01:40 AM   #583
studer58

Default Controllers responding to folder/children view changes

I'm wondering if controllers currently using MCU/Klinke are likely to be able to respond to Wizrad's new custom actions, which allow switching between 3 folder/children views. It would be great if a controller could respond to these views as well ?

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...5&postcount=11
studer58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:11 PM   #584
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinesworking View Post
Having an issue with the sends on Push 2. They snap back to zero on the Push display. In Reaper they are responding to the Push knob setting, but not on the display. Pan and volume are fine.

OSX Mojave, latest 8.00 release/
I looked into this and it seems there is always a send envelope even when not active. I added now a workaround which tests for active send envelopes.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:23 PM   #585
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusonic View Post
Hi Jürgen,

I have an Akai APC mini controller. Ever since the recent versions of your plugin (7/8), the lights on that controller (the pad buttons) no longer light up. As far as I can tell, operation itself is working fine. Just no colored lights at all.

In the Bitwig version, no lights in the beginning, only when I switch modes from Session to Play for example.

Nothing in REAPER - they just won't light up.

Performed fresh installs of REAPER on Mac as well as fresh installs of your plugin - nothing will make them light up... any ideas?

EDIT: I have this issue on Windows, Linux, Mac
First, regarding Bitwig it works fine. The session page is always totally black if there are no clips in the clip grid.

Regarding Reaper: there seems to be a serious issue on Macos (I run the latest version with all patches). None of my controllers receive any MIDI. I guess the Java MIDI out has an incompatibility. Will keep looking for a solution.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:25 PM   #586
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmade View Post
V-Control creates 4 Midi Devices:
The missing device is named "V-Control".
The others are named "V-Control XT2" ...3 ...4

Yes, Reaper shows all four inputs as present.

AND using those midi devices directly as Mackie MCU control surfaces works... all the midi ins/outs are seen by Reaper and usable. I would just do that except the DrivenByMoss functionality is just much better, I think.

On OS-X 10.12.5
Reaper (v5.983) ...latest.

Does that spark any ideas?

Thanks so much!
Do you see an "Unknown Device" in the list?
Old 09-08-2019, 08:41 PM   #587
mehmethan

Hi, I'm having cpu overloads with some plugins when drivenbymoss 8 is active. (I'm using push 2 windows 64 bit and latest version of reaper dev builds)

Those plugins are Lethal Audio, VPS Avenger and Nexus2 and maybe some other plugins too. but those plugins have extreme CPU overload I can't even move my mouse on the screen when drivenbymoss is active with those plugins.I don't know if it is related but I also had problems with my elicenser,today. I can't reach some of my licenses anymore. For example today nexus isnt working anymore.

I really like drivenbymoss and I hope there is a solution for this.
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 05:02 AM   #588
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmethan View Post
Hi, I'm having cpu overloads with some plugins when drivenbymoss 8 is active. (I'm using push 2 windows 64 bit and latest version of reaper dev builds)

Those plugins are Lethal Audio, VPS Avenger and Nexus2 and maybe some other plugins too. but those plugins have extreme CPU overload I can't even move my mouse on the screen when drivenbymoss is active with those plugins.I don't know if it is related but I also had problems with my elicenser,today. I can't reach some of my licenses anymore. For example today nexus isnt working anymore.

I really like drivenbymoss and I hope there is a solution for this.
I own none of these plugins. Do all these plugins require an elicenser? Do you have this effect with a plugin, which is free or has a demo version, so I could get it for testing?
Old 09-09-2019, 07:56 AM   #589
mehmethan

Quote:
I own none of these plugins. Do all these plugins require an elicenser? Do you have this effect with a plugin, which is free or has a demo version, so I could get it for testing?
VPS Avenger has a demo
https://www.vengeance-sound.com/plug...sue=TRY%20DEMO

Lethal plug'n also has a demo
https://www.lethalaudio.com/
Old 09-09-2019, 08:17 AM   #590
mehmethan

It also happens when serum plugin is active.

Serum demo:
https://xferrecords.com/products/serum

please check the attached pictures of performance meter.Cpu overload or problem is much more then in the pictures. Faders are freezing. I cant even move my mouse. When I remove drivenvbymoss everything is smooth and without problems as usual.

Last edited by mehmethan; 08-04-2023 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:13 PM   #591
Tristan Young

Default Very high latency

Hello. Just discovered this plugin, and am trying it out.

I noticed that I'm also getting the same high latency. It takes 2 to 4 seconds for anything to happen.

I'm using Reaper v5.983, and the latest version of your plugin.

I deleted each track - one by one, until the problem resolved. I restored all other tracks but the suspect one to confirm.

It happens with the following instruments:
Native Instruments Action Strikes

It works fine with Battery however, also by Native Instruments.

I run my instruments in bridged/firewalled configuration, in dedicated process per plugin.

I am going to watch this project, and test new versions. Thank you for your efforts in this - I'm looking forward to using this.
Tristan Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:01 PM   #592
Joe90

FWIW - same issues here, massive project slowdown with version 8... had to roll back to the previous version to fix.

Reaper 5.983, W10, KK S61 mk1.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:07 AM   #593
themixtape

Rolled back to 7.05... browser isn't working... I can pick category, instrument, etc... when I hit up/down arrow (as Jurgen said to do, to insert whatever, and to get to the parameter page) it does nothing. Worse, it won't let me out of the Browser mode.

I deleted all the folders/code stuff before putting the 7.05 files in the Plugins folder... don't know what is wrong...

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2019, 07:04 AM   #594
pepe44

Hi all, i havent read all the posts here. New user of the Behringer X Touch universal and the DrivenByMoss plugin.
Just reporting two issues, slow on big projects (dragging windows, etc) and the sends stay on 0 dBFS , cant change them. Using version 8 with reaper 5.983.

Thanks
pepe44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:17 AM   #595
robertwfinke

Default X-Touch Transport Functions

I'm also new to this forum. I installed 8.0 and it is awesome. The only issue that I am having is that in order to play I have to hit shift+play. In order to record I have to hit shift+record. Is there something I'm missing?
robertwfinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:22 PM   #596
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmethan View Post
It also happens when serum plugin is active.

Serum demo:
https://xferrecords.com/products/serum

please check the attached pictures of performance meter.Cpu overload or problem is much more then in the pictures. Faders are freezing. I cant even move my mouse. When I remove drivenvbymoss everything is smooth and without problems as usual.
I installed now Serum and Avenger. I created a demo project with 10 instances of Serum and 10 instances of Avenger. Running Push 2, icon QConPro with Extender and Komplete Kontrol MkII with DrivenByMoss. My CPU is at 10% and looks totally normal.
So, I guess the problem is more complicated.

Could please everybody who experiences performance issues give their full hardware (incl. audiohardware) and software specs?
Old 09-11-2019, 12:23 PM   #597
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe44 View Post
Hi all, i havent read all the posts here. New user of the Behringer X Touch universal and the DrivenByMoss plugin.
Just reporting two issues, slow on big projects (dragging windows, etc) and the sends stay on 0 dBFS , cant change them. Using version 8 with reaper 5.983.

Thanks
The Sends problem will be fixed in the next update.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:30 PM   #598
themixtape

Quote:
I installed now Serum and Avenger. I created a demo project with 10 instances of Serum and 10 instances of Avenger. Running Push 2, icon QConPro with Extender and Komplete Kontrol MkII with DrivenByMoss. My CPU is at 10% and looks totally normal.
So, I guess the problem is more complicated.

Could please everybody who experiences performance issues give their full hardware (incl. audiohardware) and software specs?
Dell Precision M4600
quad-core i7 (2nd generation) 2.3ghz
32GB ram
Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 (main Windows 7)
Reaper 5.983, 64-bit
SSD system drive, SSD audio drive
2GB Nvidia video card (full HD, 1920x1080 display)

The other system is identical, though with Windows 10. Another desktop tower with a quad-core i7 (4th generation), is identical (SSD, the whole nine) with Windows 10. Same experience across the board.

all 64-bit plugins-- the main slowness I experience is with Arturia's Analog Lab 4, and V-Collection, but not all plugins with V-Coll... mostly the Matrix 12 synth (if that's the ONLY plugin in the project, major lag)

The main thing I'm experiencing is the cursor/now-time... it is jagged/snappy/laggy with 8.00 installed. It's not a smooth movement, as normal with Reaper. There is no lag with 7.05 or 7.04. But I can't get the browser to work on my SL MKIII, with any version prior to 8.00 (for some weird reason). I just can't get out of Browse mode, by hitting the arrows up/down. If I hold SHIFT and the arrows, I can get out, but it still doesn't load any plugin that I try to load, directly from the SL MKIII.

Thanks, Jurgen!
Old 09-11-2019, 12:30 PM   #599
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertwfinke View Post
I'm also new to this forum. I installed 8.0 and it is awesome. The only issue that I am having is that in order to play I have to hit shift+play. In order to record I have to hit shift+record. Is there something I'm missing?
I do not have that device, so cannot test. I would suggest that you check with a MIDI viewer what the device sends when you press the Play button. Is there an editor for it where you could change the commands?
Old 09-11-2019, 12:54 PM   #600
moss

Quote:
The main thing I'm experiencing is the cursor/now-time... it is jagged/snappy/laggy with 8.00 installed. It's not a smooth movement, as normal with Reaper. There is no lag with 7.05 or 7.04.
Please try with this DLL:
http://mossgrabers.de/stuff/reaper_drivenbymoss.zip