Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 02-26-2019, 04:51 PM   #321
sai'ke
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Yo dawg I had a few filthy requests...just a simple telephone and/or megaphone filter? These are classic filter fx imo that don't often feature in other filters. I know they could be simulated easily enough with what we got, but I was hoping for more of a quick emulation effect.
I added a phone filter. It's accurate when there's no oversampling or only x2 oversampling. Megaphone you might be able to emulate using the phone, some distortion and the feedback mechanism. Cutoff makes the phone more non-linear (something you might have in older analog phones) and resonance affects how much of an undersampling effect you'll hear. Real phone would have resonance at 1, but aliasing doesn't sound so nice.

Quote:
A bigger idea is morphing between the two filters. Maybe not possible without more sliders, but it would be pretty sick if we could fade between them with dynamics and lfo. Perhaps as an extra channel mode? Idk.
I like this idea, but I don't see a way to currently make it work.

Quote:
And a quick question: which line controls the background color (black), I couldn't seem to find it.
That's because there was none. Clear color wasn't exposed, but is now (starting at 2.12). But uh.... you'd be surprised how little is actually rendered if you change the background color. I'm not sure UI elements are so compatible with lighter colors. :P
Old 02-26-2019, 05:20 PM   #322
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
I added a phone filter.
Nice! That was quick! Will check it out now...
Yep! Does what it says on the tin. And I get an extra fuzzy feeling from the way it filled out that last slot in the filter list.

Quote:
I like this idea, but I don't see a way to currently make it work.
Well you're the genius, so I guess that means I'll have to live without it.. :/ Being pretty ignorant about code, I'd just imagine it as a mode where dyn or lfo control some secret wet/dry controls for each filter, but without a slider it would have to be always at max range. Hrm. Well it would have made some nice icing on this cake, but ok I won't be greedy.

Speaking of code...I had a look and there are almost 12,000 lines of it?! You's a madman, Sai'ke.

Last edited by foxAsteria; 02-26-2019 at 05:25 PM.
foxAsteria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:29 AM   #323
Sju

Quote:
Yeah. It was being reset in the init X_X. This is what I get for coding while tired . Fixed. Also added descriptions for the missing modes and a modulation indicator line.
Cheers! However, this time I'm seeing more problems when using the feedback module, like states not loading correctly, feedback not working until you enable a shaper mode (and then it works even when its back OFF again), modulation not working, and graph glitches.

EDIT: some of these might have already been present in earlier versions. 2.10 is also behaving strangely, at least with the feedback initialization and graph glitches (activating the feedback module causes this).

2.08 seems to be the last one that's initializing correctly, except for the feedback delay amount. Also doesn't have the graph glitch.

Last edited by Sju; 02-27-2019 at 12:49 AM.
Sju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:30 AM   #324
Eliseat

Something is broken in the last version. I uploaded a video which shows how the output level graphics gets out of its boundaries. Also the feedback function doesn't work in particular situations. Its not shown in this video but in another session it just created crackles or didn't work at all.

https://mega.nz/#!r2whhSTI!mwfGe9ehX...mf4e5JT802CKeg

Greetings
Eli

PS: Telephone sounds surprisingly cool. Its such a clean cut of frequencies. Very useful! Many thanks.

PSPS: There is also something going on with the metallic filter as I saved a preset several times with a specific sound. But after recalling it, the sound always changes like the metallic filter is ducked or sounds dull. No idea how to describe it better.

Last edited by Eliseat; 02-27-2019 at 01:38 AM.
Eliseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:03 AM   #325
Eliseat

Listen to the first preset in this video:

https://mega.nz/#!3653kI6B!KmDCQM-R8...-Hz7BsMO_k4lPI

Then listen to the same preset after a restart of Reaper and Filther:

https://mega.nz/#!DzhnVSSK!4hj-oBoFL...VGpFzjOe3DUM8o
Old 02-27-2019, 02:49 AM   #326
sai'ke

Yes. Apologies. With my sleepy head I borked the feedback memory initialization process which is clobbering the memory. This lead to the write pointer happily walking all over the memory stomping on everything in its way until it got to the buffer. Once there it should have behaved as "normal".

Unrolling hotfix for the feedback issue now. 2.13 should fix the feedback issue.

Metallic issue I will look into when I get home. This needs some more testing that I can't do right here.
P.S. that's one nice sounding preset (before the restart)

Last edited by sai'ke; 02-27-2019 at 03:09 AM.
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 03:48 AM   #327
Sju

Not sure if you rolled back the behavior, but 2.13 has the old bug where the feedback delay amount is getting reset to some large value every time playback is restarted.
Old 02-27-2019, 04:52 AM   #328
Eliseat

Sai'ke, this seems kind of the same misbehavior like in the frazzle filter before. After a restart, the preset I mean sounds dull and quieter just to slowly disappear and then recover to a similar sound as it is supposed to.

And thanks for the compliment with this preset. But the presets rise and fall in quality with the corresponding context. Some sound really amazing with faster tempo beats and octave bases like in the 80ies while the same presets are absolutely useless on slow tempo tracks like the one in the last videos.
This is why I recommend creating/categorizing those presets for specific speed or style in the preset name. I tried something like (slow,fast) but it seems to vague. I have over 300 presets now and its getting more and more time to scroll thru every single one.

But if you think about it: Filther fully replaces a bass synth here. Its such a wide spectrum of sounds that a lot of commercial softsynths could be ashamed of. And while we (I'm) are talking about it. You did a whole song out of Filther? Hm, this sounds pretty interesting to me. Maybe there will be an example to listen to?
Old 02-27-2019, 05:03 AM   #329
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sju View Post
Not sure if you rolled back the behavior, but 2.13 has the old bug where the feedback delay amount is getting reset to some large value every time playback is restarted.
Not quite, but I can see now how it didn't fix things. Try 2.15. I have reasonable confidence it should fix the issue. I will do further tests when I'm home.

Sorry for being used as a guinea pig, but I'm flying blind at the moment as I don't have reaper at work

Last edited by sai'ke; 02-27-2019 at 05:27 AM. Reason: 2.14 => 2.15
Old 02-27-2019, 05:38 AM   #330
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseat View Post
Sai'ke, this seems kind of the same misbehavior like in the frazzle filter before. After a restart, the preset I mean sounds dull and quieter just to slowly disappear and then recover to a similar sound as it is supposed to.
I have a suspicion, but I will look at it when I get home. This stuff is hard to do without having a test environment

Quote:
And thanks for the compliment with this preset. But the presets rise and fall in quality with the corresponding context. Some sound really amazing with faster tempo beats and octave bases like in the 80ies while the same presets are absolutely useless on slow tempo tracks like the one in the last videos.
This is why I recommend creating/categorizing those presets for specific speed or style in the preset name. I tried something like (slow,fast) but it seems to vague. I have over 300 presets now and its getting more and more time to scroll thru every single one.
I find it quite interesting what you manage to pull out of Filther. I had a lot of fun leafing through the presets you sent earlier. You seem to be quite adept at finding sweet spots quite quickly.

But 300? Wow. I can see how that becomes trickier to handle. Sometimes I wish REAPER allowed for a bit more structuring in the presets, but it seems that this falls on the plugin to do. Without file reading/writing at the JSFX level my hands are tied though.

Well, I was thinking that it would be nice to at some point collect some presets and make a curated list that ships with it. Maybe sorted by type, with clear attribution who made it. Once the dust has settled and we're all content/happy with a final feature set. I would also love to add RPL files to the front page.

Quote:
But if you think about it: Filther fully replaces a bass synth here. Its such a wide spectrum of sounds that a lot of commercial softsynths could be ashamed of. And while we (I'm) are talking about it. You did a whole song out of Filther? Hm, this sounds pretty interesting to me. Maybe there will be an example to listen to?
It was intended as a bass beefifier and beat sculpter (sometimes, I carve snares with the RMS stuff), so I guess that's good

Eh, it's VGM, so I'm not sure whether there would be much interest in it. And still unfinished too
Old 02-27-2019, 06:26 AM   #331
Sju

Quote:
Not quite, but I can see now how it didn't fix things. Try 2.15. I have reasonable confidence it should fix the issue. I will do further tests when I'm home.

Sorry for being used as a guinea pig, but I'm flying blind at the moment as I don't have reaper at work
2.15 seems to initialize correctly... most of the time The delay time is still thrown out of whack sometimes when I toggle the Feedback module on and off a couple times during playback.

And no worries, I'll gladly help with ironing out the bugs. This thing has insane sound design potential and I'm very grateful you've made it available to us all.
Old 02-27-2019, 04:02 PM   #332
sai'ke

Quote:
A bigger idea is morphing between the two filters. Maybe not possible without more sliders, but it would be pretty sick if we could fade between them with dynamics and lfo. Perhaps as an extra channel mode? Idk.
It required quite a bit of tinkering, but hey, look at this:

Morph mode comes at the cost of one spline node. If you use feedback, it's already free (it uses the second node then). Morph is basically what parallel should have been I guess. Parallel is redundant now, but still in there to make sure that people's presets aren't messed up.

Also, Bri1; I contracted all the other elements this time, so the size has only very slightly increased

Quote:
I have fixed it, but it's possible it sounds a bit different now. The sound before was perpetually transient :/

Quote:
2.15 seems to initialize correctly... most of the time The delay time is still thrown out of whack sometimes when I toggle the Feedback module on and off a couple times during playback.
It should be properly fixed in the latest version now.

Quote:
And no worries, I'll gladly help with ironing out the bugs. This thing has insane sound design potential and I'm very grateful you've made it available to us all.
Thanks for your patience

Last edited by sai'ke; 02-27-2019 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:10 PM   #333
foxAsteria

Quote:
It required quite a bit of tinkering, but hey, look at this:

Holy shit dude, that's amazing! Works so well with the shaper too!
Old 02-28-2019, 01:43 AM   #334
Eliseat

Sai'ke!! Are you crazy?

This morph thing is just stunning. Since we have parallel mode I was asking myself if I should request something to allow to even out the different levels of those filters. To be honest I didn't ask because I thought this would be a bit to decadent. And now this!
It gets really sophisticated now. The absolute game changer! Many, many thanks for your creativity and all your efforts. I used my breakfast time to take a first look into it. And just the first thing I created was the "LovelyHarmonics MIDI Bass".

Listen to it. Lovely!!!

https://mega.nz/#!7zglDAaC!MIpwdreq1...JikA2ASSxl-QYw

-`ღ´- FILTHER -`ღ´-

PS: Yes, the Metallic filter sounds a bit different now, but I was able to come close to the supposed preset by pushing the WS a bit more. Though it doesn't sound as metallic as before.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:46 AM   #335
Sju

Feedback seems to be working correcly now also, morph seems like a really useful feature! Thank you!

By the way, would it be possible to add DYN modulation for the LFO section, or would that require move available sliders yet again? Would be sweet to make the LFO parameters come alive with the input dynamics.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:03 AM   #336
TonE

Thanks saike for all the updates, great additions, tomorrow I can play with it, hopefully. Great to see all the reactions above.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 03:45 PM   #337
sai'ke

Quote:
Holy shit dude, that's amazing! Works so well with the shaper too!
Good to hear. Yeah, it was a good idea! Just needed a bit more thought

Quote:
Sai'ke!! Are you crazy?
Probably

Quote:
This morph thing is just stunning. Since we have parallel mode I was asking myself if I should request something to allow to even out the different levels of those filters. To be honest I didn't ask because I thought this would be a bit to decadent. And now this!
It gets really sophisticated now. The absolute game changer! Many, many thanks for your creativity and all your efforts. I used my breakfast time to take a first look into it. And just the first thing I created was the "LovelyHarmonics MIDI Bass".

Listen to it. Lovely!!!

https://mega.nz/#!7zglDAaC!MIpwdreq1...JikA2ASSxl-QYw
I like that you are teetering the filter so close to self oscillation, waveshape it and still dare to run it without AGC. Like living dangerously?

Your preset sounds really cool. I like how you're using keytracking. Was nice to see the harmonics slowly pop in when you were tweaking the waveshaper

Quote:
PS: Yes, the Metallic filter sounds a bit different now, but I was able to come close to the supposed preset by pushing the WS a bit more. Though it doesn't sound as metallic as before.
Yeah :/

Quote:
Feedback seems to be working correcly now also, morph seems like a really useful feature! Thank you!
Good and np

Quote:
By the way, would it be possible to add DYN modulation for the LFO section, or would that require move available sliders yet again? Would be sweet to make the LFO parameters come alive with the input dynamics.
I added it. The slider mod settings will be stored in presets, but are not automate-able from the arranger. I'm quite curious what you end up doing with it. I had to refactor some of the modulation code for this; so please let me know if there are issues. Note that lookahead (for now anyway) with this mode is technically not supported. Using lookahead in conjunction with dynamic modulation of the LFO causes a phase shift between the dynamic variable and LFO. For most intents and purposes this would probably not be noticeable, but I thought it'd be good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Thanks saike for all the updates, great additions, tomorrow I can play with it, hopefully. Great to see all the reactions above.
Hope it fulfills expectations

So, not requested, but in the last update I also added a mono button. Just to be able to quickly verify whether the stereo imaging stuff doesn't cause a muddled low end.

Last edited by sai'ke; 02-28-2019 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Info on lookahead
Old 03-01-2019, 05:55 AM   #338
Eliseat

Quote:
I like that you are teetering the filter so close to self oscillation, waveshape it and still dare to run it without AGC. Like living dangerously?

Your preset sounds really cool. I like how you're using keytracking. Was nice to see the harmonics slowly pop in when you were tweaking the waveshaper
I think Filther has something special. Working with it pushes me always in a state of restraint and attention because I learned how suddenly a parameter change can lead into a mighty peak. But believe it or not. This happens only rarely the days. If you use the same sound source and nearly the same bass range of notes you know how far you can go.

But beside that, sometimes I like living dangerously. And irrational! I guess if you always plan and stay on the safe side you miss a lot of emotions and experience. Same with Filther. Sometimes its necessary to do crazy things to get an extraordinary result. But I have to confess that all those possibilities in the newer versions are kind of overwhelming. Every little step creates a new experience. Sometimes the feedback function seems useless, as it creates harsh feedback distortion. Sometimes it creates a complete new world. Same with inverse.

Filther is a world of its own. I guess you love it or you hate it as many people could give up to early without getting a nice result. Anyway. I love Filther! The name, the sound, the sophisticated architecture - its just unique. And as I mentioned in an earlier post: Since I was 10 or 11 years old I'm in love with all those filtered basses, zapps and zoings beginning from the 80ies. Really could be kind of a fetish!

In my first post in this thread I wrote it already: Filther is something I dreamed of a long time. Now its even better. It makes sounds happen that I never thought were possible.

Yes, you made a thing! And many thanks for that. (again and again!)
Old 03-01-2019, 10:45 AM   #339
Eliseat

Sai'ke,

I still have some questions.

Would it be possible to integrate a fine adjustment for the modulation range. It happened several times that I wanted to tune a start point and an end point of the modulation but wasn't able to get both values right because only the handle can be fine tuned with the mouse wheel. Would it be possible to allow alt+mouse wheel to fine adjust the mod range only?

I noticed something weird what I can't understand. You know I really love the Modulon filter. Its easy to tune its ringing to an octave, but all notes in between stay out of tune. Why is that? Wouldn't it be logical that it keeps be tuned on every note if the C2 and C3 are tuned correctly?

Greetings
Eli

Last edited by Eliseat; 03-01-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Eliseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:58 PM   #340
Bri1
Banned

@Eliseat - how did you get on with the 'preset buster'?
are you able to recall a certain preset (over 127 sets) with no problems,or not?
@sai'ke- this is a thing-fo sure..
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:22 PM   #341
Eliseat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1 View Post
@Eliseat - how did you get on with the 'preset buster'?
are you able to recall a certain preset (over 127 sets) with no problems,or not?
@sai'ke- this is a thing-fo sure..
It works til preset 255 then it starts/flips back with/to the first one. So there is a magic border I can't get behind for what ever reason. But it is the easiest work around for the moment. Though I still wont use it because it makes more trouble to find the presets and automate them this way than writing them on a sheet of paper and moving it with an external tool in the right order.
But thanks for helping.

And Sai'ke,

to demonstrate a bit more what I mean with the tuning problem: Here is a video. https://mega.nz/#!uu4gGKBB!iMtzfJkBB...1KTL5VnKV2kEhI

You can clearly see and hear that c#2 and c#3 are in tune while
everything in between gets out of tune the more away it gets from c#. How is this possible? Doesn't it rise linear if an octave is in tune?
Old 03-01-2019, 05:47 PM   #342
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
It works til preset 255 then it starts/flips back with/to the first one.
oh? your sure you tried all the msb+lsb ways there?
does it work any better using a midi item + programme changes via msb+lsb?
is that^ painfull in practice?

@sai'ke- was checking trk envs + projectbay--> this is what i see>
2x filter2 type and filter 2 actually comes before cutoff in the listings..is that correct?

Old 03-01-2019, 05:50 PM   #343
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
You can clearly see and hear that c#2 and c#3 are in tune while
everything in between gets out of tune the more away it gets from c#. How is this possible?

maybe your just hearing the cycles_per_sec? .. cycles can sound 'resonant' as well.
loops also can sometimes work like this in 'sounding cycles'.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:52 AM   #344
Eliseat

Don't get it, Bri1.

For example: My first instrument was an Emax, and one of the things I learned from it was, if you take any sample and create a tiny loop out of it, you only need to tune it to get a synth like wave sound. So I was able to shatter a glass on the floor, creating a tiny loop and using it as a complete tuned instrument which doesn't sound like shattered glass anymore.

So how could this be different from a ringing tone? That it isn't in tune with all notes implies that it follows a non linear tuning. At least in my opinion.

And what is msb and lsb? I know lsd and mmb but I guess this is not what you mean.

Edit: Cycles per second? You mean the ring tone is a longer loop?
Old 03-02-2019, 04:51 AM   #345
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
user kinda needs to get msb+lsb+value control.

Quote:
So how could this be different from a ringing tone? That it isn't in tune with all notes implies that it follows a non linear tuning. At least in my opinion.

heh-hmm ok.... so i quoted older post-- look at it again... it shows msb+lsb there but i did not use them in that eg: but:
in the case of a standard gm file-- cc121 sets the programme change- most significant byte (msb) sets the bank # + least significant byte (lsb) sets the actual preset #.. is that any clearer? - something like that!! lol?

in the case of that tuning-- your simply taking a snapshot of resonance (loop) and speeding or slowing them pitches up/down-- it's simply a matter of frequency... an octave higher will cycle @ 2x speed of original note-- anything in between in offsetting the hz of that 'sampled source'...
it's the very same if your taking an image--and speeding or slowing it down--but the image stays 'fixed'.. basically your>> timestretching!!
this^ is why people go for multisampled libraries--rather than a single sample spread across 8/10 octaves..

@sai'ke -seeing some graphic glitchings again+ if you view gif-- the fonts are getting resized incorrect? by double click of filther resize icon.
cheerz.
gif> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RAS...yRfjNQHfE/view
Old 03-02-2019, 05:23 AM   #346
Eliseat

Quote:
heh-hmm ok.... so i quoted older post-- look at it again... it shows msb+lsb there but i did not use them in that eg: but:
in the case of a standard gm file-- cc121 sets the programme change- most significant byte (msb) sets the bank # + least significant byte (lsb) sets the actual preset #.. is that any clearer? ...
Nope! But I will take a closer look at it.

Thanks

Yes, graphical glitches never stopped. But it doesn't bother me. Filther is like a good lover: It satisfies certain desires perfectly but also has some unexpected side effects.

Multisampling only takes place because all harmonic and dis-harmonic parts of a sample get doubled in frequency per octave which doesn't reflect reality where only the base tone of a voice changes but all characteristics stay the same. I'm pretty sure those not multi sampled instruments are tuned over the whole range of notes. So ... still don't get it. (・・。)ゞ
Old 03-02-2019, 10:03 AM   #347
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Filther is like a good lover: It satisfies certain desires perfectly but also has some unexpected side effects.

lol-well played!! (put) > love has all sorts of effects indeed..confusion is very apparent when <1> is not entrained,or fully synchronized with the <other> (basically we do not see or feel unity,but seperations,which causes perceptual+emotional confusions!!) heh.

even though filther can be used as a sort of synthesizing tone generator- that's not really it's intended 'use' - so,it's kinda kool doing such things with filtered resonance keytrackings and other modulations= yep =but..
it's an effect,and like a lot of fx,they can be squeezed like a lemon to get the juices out of them!
filtherjuicez-hurrmmyummzz...'love juices'..heheh.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:05 AM   #348
sai'ke

Eliseat; There was definitely something wrong with the tuning of the modulon. I didn't correctly take into account the non-linearity of the slider when performing the note keytracking. I have added a new properly tuned version (to not break existing presets) in the upcoming update.

Does shift+scrollwheel not work for fine tuning the range?

Can you send me the preset that has the graphical glitches on the splines Bri1? Do they happen consistently? Do you know any way to reproduce them? It's a pity I can't see the rest of the plug to get more clues on what's happening exactly here.

They really aren't normal and indicate that something is clobbering memory, which should really be fixed. I haven't had them for a while, but it seems that somehow they still persist in some cases. The font stuff has lower priority.

The order of the sliders sucks yes. This came from how the plugin organically grew. Sadly, I don't think this can be fixed without breaking everyone's presets, and therefore will not be fixed, sorry.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:34 AM   #349
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Can you send me the preset that has the graphical glitches on the splines Bri1? Do they happen consistently? Do you know any way to reproduce them? It's a pity I can't see the rest of the plug to get more clues on what's happening exactly here.

hey- urm-(yep same,i not noticed for a wee while now) just tried again and it was 1 of your presets bass1-- = just managed to recreate it by using param mod on the threshold-- this triggers it here graphically ok.. can capture if you wish..
all i pass on is just for your's and others info-- expect nothing in return as you have created something..from nothing bravo4that!
all 'fixes' are noted and celebrated obviously..credits due 2 u.
go with the flow eh....
Old 03-02-2019, 11:52 AM   #350
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Sadly, I don't think this can be fixed without breaking everyone's presets, and therefore will not be fixed, sorry.

^ aye,whatever's good for the hood!
just noticed a new thing with presets now-- select a preset-- then goto edit and recompile-- preset name stays >ok..latest v.
also,i had an image was from an older v. but ive sinced deleted it if this still applicable today = the time graph was totally spilling over down to the gionometer area-- will capture if seen again ok: thanx!
Old 03-02-2019, 12:19 PM   #351
Eliseat

Sai'ke,

many thanks for the tuned Modulon. And relating to the graphic glitches. This happens in my case spontaneously while tweaking presets. Sometimes the WS line just jumps out for 1/10 second. But if I move the slider back and again on the position where it happened then it can't get recreated. Have no idea why or when it shows up.

Oh, shift+mouse wheel? Okay, I blush right now. (#^.^#)

And Bri1. Love juices? Hm, this sounds a bit like those 70ies soft sex movies which I always watched stealthily when I got right into that age to feel curious about such things. So yeah! You are right!

To bring it to the point: There are many different filter plugins out there but non of them covers this range of possibilities which Filther offers. A lot of never seen ideas combined with solid filter recreations. The MIDI function is a singularity! Just marvelous! ( ˘ ³˘)♥
Old 03-02-2019, 01:25 PM   #352
foxAsteria

Quote:
There are many different filter plugins out there but non of them covers this range of possibilities which Filther offers.
Yea I have to admit that when Sai'ke first told me about this project I was fairly nonplussed; ho hum, yet another filter... I had no idea it would grow up to be The Filter!
Old 03-02-2019, 02:13 PM   #353
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Hm, this sounds a bit like those 70ies soft sex movies which I always watched stealthily

lolz-- 1 must never admit to such things publicly...muwahahaa-- of course i have 0 idea what you mean by this.!.
upgrading to 50''screen next few days-so the resizing should have greater effect for lil 'ol me-- currently am loosing the final module added just by using a native screen resolution >which kinda sux as am itching to tweak while discovering,further...heh.
the more people feedback- the more sai'ke can expand upon + recheck: for total stability,which is a great goal to aim for.
people like sai'ke are what's needed in this world..they care+share+like to experiment+discover through adventures of the human experience=essence.
1 can either love it or hate it- bit like marmite!
purefilther.
Old 03-03-2019, 01:10 AM   #354
Eliseat

Quote:
lolz-- 1 must never admit to such things publicly...muwahahaa-- of course i have 0 idea what you mean by this.!.
Of course ... (Just added another point on my to-do list: write song -> The New Puritans!)

Okay. After weeks of sick kids and people around the cold finally got me. I really suffer from dry coughing and fever. So I'm out for now. Sorry.

I made a video last evening with the new tuned Modulatrix. Really cool how this sounds like a multi layered synth.

https://mega.nz/#!OjITFaoB!qRCz_2moQ...0DGbq6UmPq6m5c

See/read you soon. (◞ ‸ ◟ㆀ)
Old 03-03-2019, 04:20 AM   #355
TonE

Quote:
Yea I have to admit that when Sai'ke first told me about this project I was fairly nonplussed; ho hum, yet another filter... I had no idea it would grow up to be The Filter!
Please no mistakes, The Filther.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:03 AM   #356
sai'ke

Quote:
Okay. After weeks of sick kids and people around the cold finally got me. I really suffer from dry coughing and fever. So I'm out for now. Sorry.
Oh no. I think I had this cold two weeks ago. It's a rough one. Gute besserung.

Quote:
I made a video last evening with the new tuned Modulatrix. Really cool how this sounds like a multi layered synth.

https://mega.nz/#!OjITFaoB!qRCz_2moQ...0DGbq6UmPq6m5c
That is one wicked sound you made there! I can't get sounds that cool out of Filther myself. I guess I need to practice more
If you want, I can put some of these cool demos that you made on youtube and link them from the first post (and on the github) as demos. They're your content, so it's up to you whether you want this

Okay, in other news, I have been having a closer look at the spline code again and I'm pretty sure I've figured out why it's been glitchy under parameter changes. I *think* I have modified it in a thread safe manner. Since it was a relatively big refactor, there may be some issues, so please let me know if you find new problems in 2.22. I *hope* that this resolves this somewhat longstanding issue for good now.

Also, ghehehe, thanks everyone, for pushing this thing forward. I must say, it's a very motivating community!

Last edited by sai'ke; 03-03-2019 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:35 AM   #357
todd_r

Well, this is amazing and really lives up to its name! Thanks sai'ke
todd_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:50 AM   #358
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
pushing this thing forward. I must say, it's a very motivating community!
heh-we learnt from a master--> mr.motivator.. (it was the dress code that got the lolz)

^ bit like filther.... is tight+ fit.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:27 AM   #359
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_r View Post
Well, this is amazing and really lives up to its name! Thanks sai'ke
Ghehe, thanks. Glad you like it.

Quote:
heh-we learnt from a master--> mr.motivator.. (it was the dress code that got the lolz)
Hueh.

Added a basic vibrato filter yesterday evening.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:24 AM   #360
TonE

Latest versions show up as "No changelog" in Reapack transaction report.