Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 01-04-2014, 09:26 PM   #41
LugNut
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
cool!

So am I right in thinking that I could now make two .dlls (one for each of my BCF2000s) and then use a button on a different midi controller (or an action) to switch banks on both devices at once? (to get round them not being synced)

If so. Great work guys!
Hi,

In theory yes. I have yet to play with the new hack so to speak that klinke put out that allows two klinke csurfs to live peacefully together. I havnt converted my other fader box yet. But im workin on it. I kinda see the whole middle man conversion thing as a sort of upper layer where a bunch of diseperate units become one.

btw its klinke and bomes that deserve the credit inmo...but thx^^

Guido
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:07 PM   #42
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
Hi,

In theory yes. I have yet to play with the new hack so to speak that klinke put out that allows two klinke csurfs to live peacefully together. I havnt converted my other fader box yet. But im workin on it. I kinda see the whole middle man conversion thing as a sort of upper layer where a bunch of diseperate units become one.

btw its klinke and bomes that deserve the credit inmo...but thx^^

Guido
cool! thanks to all involved! (Klinke knows I love him at least! lol)

Will try it when I get time.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:45 PM   #43
amoretam

Default 2 BCF's with original klinke

Hi there, anybody would like to explain me how to setup 2 BCF's with with Mackie Control Klinke.
I am already aware that v0.8 does not support 2 bcf's... but that the original version supports both.

Where can I get the original version? I have looked around and nothing,

Thanks a lot
amoretam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:55 AM   #44
Klinke

I have released some time ago a hack, that allow to use two extensions, but they are not working synchronized. See also the discussion on page one of this thread. In the case that this works for you, you need to download

https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...mcu_klinke.zip

and

https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...controller.zip

If you really want to work with the older version (v0.6), you need to download:

https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...nke_v0_6_4.zip
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #45
amoretam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
I have released some time ago a hack, that allow to use two extensions, but they are not working synchronized. See also the discussion on page one of this thread. In the case that this works for you, you need to download

https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...mcu_klinke.zip

and

https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...controller.zip

If you really want to work with the older version (v0.6), you need to download:

https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...nke_v0_6_4.zip
Reaper x64 is not seeing mackie control universal Klinke in preferences after installing v0.64

why would this be?

thanks
Old 02-02-2014, 04:36 AM   #46
Klinke

Due to a strange decision I made in the past the 64bit version is in a subfolder of the zip-archive and must be moved manually into the Reaper Plugin directory.
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:20 AM   #47
amoretam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
Due to a strange decision I made in the past the 64bit version is in a subfolder of the zip-archive and must be moved manually into the Reaper Plugin directory.
Ha, I see it!!
Very strange! jeje

Thankssss
Old 03-02-2015, 07:18 AM   #48
Chromatic Fantasy

Default Can't get it to work...

So, I've just gotten the BCF2000 a couple of days ago, and I must say I'm a bit overwhelmed... I've tried to follow the instructions in this thread but I'm not getting it to work (I'm on windows 7 x64 and Reaper x64 btw). When I'm at the BCFview step there's no 'BCF2000 port 1' option for me to select, only 'BCF2000' and MIDIIN2 (BCF2000)'. I tried both; the former lead to me receiving an error in Reaper (attached), the latter just didn't do anything. I followed the instructions to the letter except for reinstalling the behringer usb-midi driver, because it's no longer availible on the linked download page and I couldn't find it anywhere else either.

My first post here and I'm already asking for help... :P I'm pretty new to reaper as well (Cubase refugee ) so perhaps I'm just doing something stupid. I hope someone can help me out, would be really appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: png KMCUD error.PNG (7.6 KB, 349 views)
Chromatic Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:28 AM   #49
tehsux0r

Ah, a Cubase refugee... I was one of those.

Behringer seem to have pointlessly messed with their site and removed the USB-MIDI driver in the process I've therefore attached a ZIP file of that driver for Windows 7 64-bit here. I suggest following the guide from the start with that driver.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1.0.10 Win7-64.zip (535.5 KB, 253 views)
tehsux0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:00 PM   #50
Chromatic Fantasy

Well, that seems to have solved it! Thanks so much! After an afternoon of frustration I almost started to regret my purchase, but this has made it all good. Now I can continue with the information from the rest of this thread and the Klinke manual... Great!

You're the best!
Old 03-03-2015, 01:01 PM   #51
Chromatic Fantasy

Another question I haven't been able to find the anwser to anywhere else on the boards: how do assign the faders/encoders to a plugin (like Omnisphere) or to an automated parameter? I've tried reading Klinke's manual but I feel the information there doesn't transfer to the BCF2000 very well, i.e. I have no idea what to do. :P

Or is this something that's simply impossible in MCU emulation mode and should I go back to the standard settings?

Again thanks in advance.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:47 PM   #52
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromatic Fantasy View Post
Another question I haven't been able to find the anwser to anywhere else on the boards: how do assign the faders/encoders to a plugin (like Omnisphere) or to an automated parameter? I've tried reading Klinke's manual but I feel the information there doesn't transfer to the BCF2000 very well, i.e. I have no idea what to do. :P

Or is this something that's simply impossible in MCU emulation mode and should I go back to the standard settings?

Again thanks in advance.
Hi,
I'm a BCR2000 user but yes, controlling plugins with Klinke's plugin in MCU mode is possible.

Here's a video showing how to do it (with the BCR)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE-1DfeSZv4

In short, you have to find it where the 'plugin' button is with the BCF mapping you're using, this I can't help with unfortunately (but I'm sure other BCF users here can).
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:14 PM   #53
Chromatic Fantasy

Thanks nofish! I'm pretty sure I found this plugin button (thanks to the .xls overlay by KevinW) and I think I'm heading in the right direction, but I'm still not getting a map editor when I do what's described in the video... that's what's supposed to happen right? My BCFview however is saying stuff like 'track omnisphere' and 'FX omnisphere 1' so I'd say I'm in plugin mode, I'm just not getting the editor. The editor is not a seperate program, right? I'd feel pretty foolish if that was the reason I didn't get it to work...
Old 03-03-2015, 04:43 PM   #54
KevinW

Quote:
Thanks nofish! I'm pretty sure I found this plugin button (thanks to the .xls overlay by KevinW) and I think I'm heading in the right direction, but I'm still not getting a map editor when I do what's described in the video... that's what's supposed to happen right? My BCFview however is saying stuff like 'track omnisphere' and 'FX omnisphere 1' so I'd say I'm in plugin mode, I'm just not getting the editor. The editor is not a seperate program, right? I'd feel pretty foolish if that was the reason I didn't get it to work...
So, when you press alt on the keyboard in conjunction with the plugin button on the BCF, what happens? Check out section 7.4.4 of Klinke's manual.
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:33 AM   #55
Chromatic Fantasy

Well, I did try that (both the video nofish posted and Klinke's manual mentioned it), but it doesn't open a mapping editor; however it does change what is shown in BCFview: when I press alt + plugin the first time (I use the sonar mode so that's 'alt + top left encoder group button + learn button' for me) I just get a row of numbers (attached as altplugin1st.png); but when I then press it a second time I get what is shown in altplugin2nd.png (I do have to hold the alt button for this to show though, otherwise the view just goes back to what it looks like in altplugin1st.png). Pretty mysterious right?

Once again thank you guys for all your patience in helping me getting this figured out - and KevinW, great work on the overlays, makes the whole thing a lot more comprehensible.
Attached Images
File Type: png altplugin1st.PNG (860 Bytes, 368 views)
File Type: png altplugin2nd.PNG (1.8 KB, 360 views)
Old 03-04-2015, 11:32 AM   #56
nightscope

Quote:
Pretty mysterious right? )
Sounds like though you think you are pressing Alt + Plugin all that's happening is the software is just responding to Plugin button. Make sure you have "use keyboard modifier (right ALT substitute for the OPTION button" ticked in the Klinke Control Surface Settings.

ns
nightscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:41 PM   #57
Chromatic Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post
Sounds like though you think you are pressing Alt + Plugin all that's happening is the software is just responding to Plugin button. Make sure you have "use keyboard modifier (right ALT substitute for the OPTION button" ticked in the Klinke Control Surface Settings.

ns
Yes, that setting is ticked. As I said, holding the alt key while pressing the plugin button does have effect on what BCFview shows (so I'd say the software is definitely responding to both Alt and Plugin), it just doesn't open a map editor.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:16 PM   #58
Chromatic Fantasy

Welp, I think I got it to work! Turns out using left alt did the trick, had been using right all the time until now because that was what it said in the control surface settings. Maybe my keyboard is just weird.

Thanks everyone for the help, couldn't have done it alone. When I get better at this stuff I hope I can give something back to this community, it's been great so far.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:00 PM   #59
Mink99

I am currently struggling with a keyboard Issue too. IT seems that the right alt key (alt gr) is not recognised.

Is there a way to test that keystrokes are correctly handled ?

Ok IT is a repost ...
Mink99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #60
nofish

@ Chromatic Fantasy

Cool you got it.

Just to clarify, left Alt is "Alt" and right Alt (Alt Gr) is "Option".
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:26 PM   #61
Chromatic Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
@ Chromatic Fantasy
Just to clarify, left Alt is "Alt" and right Alt (Alt Gr) is "Option".
Ah, that does sound more likely than my keyboard madness theory. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2016, 06:44 AM   #62
jico27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehsux0r View Post
  • Make sure you power on the BCF at least 5 seconds before starting REAPER!
  • It doesn't matter which order you start REAPER and BCFView in, as long as BCFView is running before REAPER loads your project; if you forget this, you won't see anything in BCFView, but don't panic – just force KMCUD to refresh the display (e.g. by tapping right-ALT) and all should be well.
  • When reading the KMCUD manual, take care to look up the MCU control names in Behringer's “emulation modes” document. Note that (a) KMCUD's dialogs are activated via the surface, so you'll see no new options in REAPER's user interface, and (b) the “emulation modes” document isn't complete or consistent, so things might appear to be impossible that aren't once you figure out the correct combination. Example: GLOBAL VIEW doesn't appear to be in MCSo mode, but is there via that mode's SHIFT+EDIT combination (see Behringer's diagram for the button locations).
  • KevinW has made an overlay for the BCF2000 in the Cubase and Sonar emulation modes: see this post for a photo and download link. The different modes are shown on different tabs in the spreadsheet file.
  • For those using the MCSo emulation mode, here's a photo showing my BCF2000 with basic transport/bank/folder functions labelled. I've colour-coded each label according to which SHIFT button you need to hold (black means none):

Hi, really great work, many thanks,

My question is:
I can see that you can access GLOBAL VIEW in McSo mode by SHIFT+EDIT combination, if i understood well.
Is it possible to access it the same way in McC mode?
I'm so used to it and
SHIFT+EDIT doesn't seem to work for me in this context.
Is there a workaround, another combination?

Thanks in advance
jico27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:18 PM   #63
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jico27 View Post
My question is:
I can see that you can access GLOBAL VIEW in McSo mode by SHIFT+EDIT combination, if i understood well.
Is it possible to access it the same way in McC mode?
I'm so used to it and
SHIFT+EDIT doesn't seem to work for me in this context.
Is there a workaround, another combination?
You might find some info in the Emulation_Modes_Guide.pdf found here: https://musicgroup-prod.mindtouch.us...ation_Modes%3F
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:25 AM   #64
Chromatic Fantasy

Has anyone ever gotten BCFview to run in Windows 10? I have it running fine in Windows 7, but in 10 I just get the empty blue rectangle, no fader information (or anything else) is shown. The unit itself is working just fine (in MCU Klinke mode), it's just a bit tricky working 'blind', so to say. I wondered if perhaps I messed something up or if it's just a Windows 10 thing (and if the latter, is there an alternative program?).

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:13 AM   #65
solger

Quote:
Has anyone ever gotten BCFview to run in Windows 10?
BCFView is working fine here on Windows 10.

Did you already check the Control Surface settings in Reaper and right-click on BCFView to check the right connection there? (see screenshots in the first post of this thread).

As alternative you might wanna check out the Virtual Mackie Control Display included in the MIDI Tools here: http://mountainutilities.eu/miditools

Last edited by solger; 06-13-2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:25 AM   #66
Chromatic Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
BCFView is working fine here on Windows 10.
Did you already right-click on BCFView and check if you have the the right connection port selected? (see screenshots in the first post of this thread).

As alternative you might wanna check out the Virtual Mackie Control Display included in the MIDITools here: http://mountainutilities.eu/miditools
Yeah, I have the right connection port selected... I can't really think of anything else to try and troubleshoot either, since BCFview doesn't have many other settings.

Thanks for the suggested alternative, I'll give that a shot!
Old 06-13-2016, 09:43 AM   #67
solger

Quote:
Yeah, I have the right connection port selected... I can't really think of anything else to try and troubleshoot either, since BCFview doesn't have many other settings.
What are your Control Surface Settings in Reaper's Preferences (Control Surface Mode, MIDI-input, MIDI-ouput)?
Old 06-13-2016, 11:21 AM   #68
Chromatic Fantasy

Quote:
What are your Control Surface Settings in Reaper's Preferences (Control Surface Mode, MIDI-input, MIDI-ouput)?
Looks like this. The same as in the screenshot in the OP, except (I now notice) my mode is called 'Mackie Control (Klinke)' instead of 'Mackie Control Universal (Klinke)'... Not sure what causes that difference.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (26.6 KB, 318 views)
Old 06-13-2016, 11:36 AM   #69
solger

Quote:
Looks like this. The same as in the screenshot in the OP, except (I now notice) my mode is called 'Mackie Control (Klinke)' instead of 'Mackie Control Universal (Klinke)'... Not sure what causes that difference.
Strange, the settings seem to look fine.
It's called 'Mackie Control (Klinke) here as well. The screenshots from the OP are from 2013, so the naming was just different back then.

It probably won't make any difference, but do you have the BCF2000 USB-MIDI driver (1.0.10) installed?

And have you already tried:
o) launching BCFView via right-mouse-click -> Run as adminstrator
o) launching BCFView before launching Reaper (or the other way round)
o) Restarting your computer

Last edited by solger; 06-13-2016 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:47 AM   #70
Chromatic Fantasy

Quote:
Strange, the settings seem to look fine.
It's called 'Mackie Control (Klinke) here as well. The screenshots from the OP are from 2013, so the naming was just different back then.

It probably won't make any difference, but do you have the BCF2000 USB-MIDI driver (1.0.10) installed?

And have you already tried:
o) launching BCFView via right-mouse-click -> Run as adminstrator
o) launching BCFView before launching Reaper (or the other way round)
o) Restarting your computer
Yes, I have that driver installed, and had already tried the stuff you mentioned. To no avail, unfortunately. The Mountain Utilities software just gives a bunch of errors when I try to run it, so that's not an option either. I guess I'll just have to keep 'playing by ear', as it were. Thanks for you help anyway, at least now I can rule out the possibility that it's just Windows 10.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:43 AM   #71
solger

Quote:
The Mountain Utilities software just gives a bunch of errors when I try to run it, so that's not an option either.
Which errors exactly?

Otherwise try the following:

(1) Download loopMIDI from here: http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html
(2) Launch loopMIDI and create a new virtual MIDI port via the [+]-button

In Reaper - Control Surface -> Mackie Control
(3) Set MIDI-input [BCF 2000] and MIDI-output [loopMIDI port]

In MIDI Tools
(4) Options -> MIDI Devices: only enable loopMIDI port in the Input-Tab (disable all other inputs and outputs)
(5) Options -> Mackie Monitors -> 1: set MIDI input device to [loopMIDI port]
(6) Open the Monitor via View -> -> Mackie Monitors -> 1

Since I usually don't use the MIDI Tools Mackie Monitor, I can't remember exactly if you can also get the MIDI output back to the BCF working (so the faders, knobs, etc. on the BCF adjust automatically to changes in Reaper) ...

Quote:
Yes, I have that driver installed, and had already tried the stuff you mentioned. To no avail, unfortunately...
One other thing you might want to check:

1) Power on the BCF while holding the second button in the top row and keep holding the button until [EG] shows up in the display (to enter Global Setup in Mackie Mode)
2) Turn the first push-encoder in the top row to select a different USB operating mode (U-1,..,U-4).
3) Press the [Exit] Button to confirm and leave the Global Setup

More info about the U-Modes (USB) and S-Modes (Standalone) can be found in the BCF manual.

Last edited by solger; 06-14-2016 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:32 AM   #72
Chromatic Fantasy

Thanks again for trying to help, solger, really appreciate it. At this point at least part of it is that I just want to know what could be causing this. :P

Quote:
Which errors exactly?
See attached screenshot; 'Undefined external error' for every midi in- or output it can find, including the virtual one I made with loopMIDI. Perhaps what's causing these errors is also causing BCFview not to display anything?

Quote:
Otherwise try the following:

(1) Download loopMIDI from here: http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html
(2) Launch loopMIDI and create a new virtual MIDI port via the [+]-button

In Reaper - Control Surface -> Mackie Control
(3) Set MIDI-input [BCF 2000] and MIDI-output [loopMIDI port]

In MIDI Tools
(4) Options -> MIDI Devices: only enable loopMIDI port in the Input-Tab (disable all other inputs and outputs)
(5) Options -> Mackie Monitors -> 1: set MIDI input device to [loopMIDI port]
(6) Open the Monitor via View -> -> Mackie Monitors -> 1

Since I usually don't use the MIDI Tools Mackie Monitor, I can't remember exactly if you can also get the MIDI output back to the BCF working (so the faders, knobs, etc. on the BCF adjust automatically to changes in Reaper) ...
Tried this, Mackie Monitor doesn't display anything either. (And indeed, in this setup the BCF doesn't respond to changes in Reaper anymore.)

Quote:
One other thing you might want to check:

1) Power on the BCF while holding the second button in the top row and keep holding the button until [EG] shows up in the display (to enter Global Setup in Mackie Mode)
2) Turn the first push-encoder in the top row to select a different USB operating mode (U-1,..,U-4).
3) Press the [Exit] Button to confirm and leave the Global Setup

More info about the U-Modes (USB) and S-Modes (Standalone) can be found in the BCF manual.
I didn't know you could do this. The BCF was in U-3 mode, I changed it to U-1 since I'm not using the MIDI-ports anyway. Still functions the same: everything's working except the BCFview.

I wonder though, what exactly did you want me to test by doing this? I mean, the communication between the BCF and Reaper was already functioning properly, it's just the BCFview that isn't working. If the USB mode was wrong I'd say the functioning itself would be impaired?

I tried reinstalling the driver too, that didn't change anything either... could it perhaps be some sort of Windows setting? I'm pretty new to Windows 10 (and have never used 8), so perhaps there's something obvious I'm overlooking there? I feel since both BCFview and MIDItools are acting strangely there should be some underlying cause. I could be wrong of course.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (11.4 KB, 264 views)
Old 06-15-2016, 08:43 AM   #73
solger

Quote:
See attached screenshot; 'Undefined external error' for every midi in- or output it can find, including the virtual one I made with loopMIDI. Perhaps what's causing these errors is also causing BCFview not to display anything?
Yeah, looks like something else is causing problems. So I'd suggest to investigate this error message further:

o) http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...8-6c5bf1372105
o) http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...indows-system/

Quote:
I wonder though, what exactly did you want me to test by doing this? I mean, the communication between the BCF and Reaper was already functioning properly, it's just the BCFview that isn't working. If the USB mode was wrong I'd say the functioning itself would be impaired?
I didn't really expect that changing the U-mode made any difference (since your BCF itself is working fine), but it was the only thing left to try
Old 06-26-2016, 08:15 AM   #74
Chromatic Fantasy

Quote:
Yeah, looks like something else is causing problems. So I'd suggest to investigate this error message further:

o) http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...8-6c5bf1372105
o) http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...indows-system/
This actually worked! I was a bit hesitant since I don't like mucking about in the registry without really knowing what I'm doing, but it did the trick! Thanks so much!
Old 10-25-2021, 06:48 AM   #75
Chromatic Fantasy

So, it's been over five years :P Not sure if anyone still reads this thread but you've been of massive help for me in the past so I hope someone can shed a light on my problem.

I've recently installed reaper on my new laptop (Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro, Windows 10 Home) but I'm unable to get my BCF2000 running. I've followed the steps as described in this topic, but I'm getting an error saying 'Control Surface: Error opening MIDI inputs and outputs'. This happens both using the BCF in standard mode and in Klinke mode, so I figured it doesn't have anything to do with that. Reading up on this I found this error is usually caused by the BCF being assigned to both MIDI Devices and Control Surfaces. However, under MIDI Devices the BCF is listed as <disabled> so I'm not sure how this could be the problem in my case.

Screenshots are attached. I hope someone has an idea of what might be going on here.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2021-10-25 152504 (2).png (49.8 KB, 116 views)
File Type: png Screenshot 2021-10-25 150345 (3).png (25.4 KB, 103 views)
Old 10-25-2021, 06:56 AM   #76
tehsux0r

Quote:
So, it's been over five years :P Not sure if anyone still reads this thread but you've been of massive help for me in the past so I hope someone can shed a light on my problem.

I've recently installed reaper on my new laptop (Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro, Windows 10 Home) but I'm unable to get my BCF2000 running. I've followed the steps as described in this topic, but I'm getting an error saying 'Control Surface: Error opening MIDI inputs and outputs'. This happens both using the BCF in standard mode and in Klinke mode, so I figured it doesn't have anything to do with that. Reading up on this I found this error is usually caused by the BCF being assigned to both MIDI Devices and Control Surfaces. However, under MIDI Devices the BCF is listed as <disabled> so I'm not sure how this could be the problem in my case.

Screenshots are attached. I hope someone has an idea of what might be going on here.
Hey there CF. I'm afraid I only switched to Windows 10 in the last 2 years and haven't yet got around to getting the BCF set up for it, so probably won't be of much help to you here if this is related to the OS change. I'll try to post an update here if/when I do get to it (not least because I'll need to use my own instructions to remember how to do it!)
tehsux0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 07:10 AM   #77
Chromatic Fantasy

Thanks for your reply tehsux0r, you're fast!

I don't think it has to do with win10 though, I had it running on win10 on my previous system as well... I do get this thing is perhaps getting a bit obsolete :P
Old 12-21-2021, 10:01 AM   #78
solger

Quote:

Hi,

were you able to fix the problem in the meantime? Or does the BCF still not work on the new laptop?
Old 12-21-2021, 02:31 PM   #79
Chromatic Fantasy

Quote:
Hi,

were you able to fix the problem in the meantime? Or does the BCF still not work on the new laptop?
Still the same error I'm afraid
Old 01-03-2022, 10:16 AM   #80
solger

Quote:
Still the same error I'm afraid
Sorry for the late reply, but unfortunately I didn't have time to check until now.

Not sure if you had a different MIDI Device (Icon MIDIPort2) selected as Control Surface input/output before, but I noticed in your screenshots that the input/output device IDs for the BCF2000 entries in the Control Surface page (dev 1,3) and in the MIDI Devices page (4,6) seems to be different.

Some things to check in general:

(1) Are there any other applications running in the background (besides Reaper) which might already be using the input/output of the BCF2000 (and therefore blocking it in Reaper)?

(2) For testing purposes: is the behavior the same on a fresh portable Reaper install (installed in a separate folder next to your existing install): http://lacinato.com/cm/blog/25-reaperportable

(3) Another thing to try is to 'reset' the reaper-midihw.ini file:
  1. Open the Reaper resource folder (via Options > Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder)
  2. Then move the reaper-midihw.ini file (which stores data of the MIDI device configurations) to a different location outside of the resource folder
  3. Restart Reaper afterwards (to generate a fresh reaper-midihw.ini file)
  4. And try if enabling the BCF2000 works now

Last edited by solger; 01-03-2022 at 10:43 AM.