Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 08-12-2015, 08:41 AM   #1
BeatPsychic
Human being with feelings

Default Resetting to default config...

I made the mistake of not backing up my default Reaper config before dropping a custom themed one onto REAPER. Of course now when i try to go back to the default theme, many button icons are only using text (I understand why). I tried installing REAPER again into a separate folder, but no luck still the same,... I'm assuming it has something to do with the .plist file for REAPER. What is the easiest way to get back to the default reaperconfig, if I don't have another MAC to save a default config file and transfer it over? I know a complete uninstall will work with something like appcleaner, but I was wondering if there was an easier way to get the default config back without the uninstall/re-install/saving all my custom stuff-route. Thanks!
Old 08-12-2015, 02:13 PM   #2
BeatPsychic
Human being with feelings

I got it after seeing an old post from Schwa... for anyone on MAC that needs to do the same, just move your REAPER folder out of its current location @ [username]/Library/Application Support . I copied it to the desktop. Then run your reaper.app, and it resets config to default. It appears to keep vst paths, but SWS needs to be reinstalled (or copied from your REAPER folder you moved), and any themes you still want that are in your ColorThemes folder need to be copied back into the new REAPER folder that was created.