Old 08-13-2015, 08:33 AM   #1
jadoube
Human being with feelings

Default Keeping Plugin Windows on top when mixing

Hello
Using version 5 BTW... so far so good!

I read some posts while googling about keeping "plugins on top of the mixer window". To me this is quite critical. The posts were pretty inconclusive and old.

I didn't have a problem before but... this is my first mix on OSX. Previously (years) I was on Windows. So I suspect it might be related to an OSX thing I don't understand yet.

Can anyone teach me or direct me to a strategy for keeping the Plug-in windows I am actively working on at hand?
Also, in Windows I would typically keep the Master Buss plugs on top all the time. And I have no idea how I did that?

Probably (hopefully) something simple I am missing.
Thanks!
Old 08-13-2015, 08:45 AM   #2
serr

Reaper has a feature for this (I didn't think it was OSX only...)

There is what looks like a push pin in the upper right corner of plugin and other windows. Click it down and the window stays on top.

The thing that's missing is a preference setting to make the default state 'pin down' for all windows. A pretty glaring omission but at least you can click the pins down manually.

Pin state is remembered in a saved project.

Another faux pas is that inserting a new plugin in a track will make any previously inserted plugin's pins return to 'up'.

Unless they maybe fixed those things in v5 now? Haven't tried it yet... In the middle of too many projects and I have a 2TB drive to swap out again...
serr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:56 AM   #3
jadoube

Quote:
Originally Posted by serr View Post
Reaper has a feature for this (I didn't think it was OSX only...)

There is what looks like a push pin in the upper right corner of plugin and other windows. Click it down and the window stays on top.
AHA! Thanks serr. It was a simple thing that I must have been doing all these years and forgot about. Been a while since I have been mixing...