Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 05-17-2023, 07:02 AM   #81
KennyG5000
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgoboss View Post
I will see if I can add the section header feedback soon.
That is great news, I honestly think this will be a really big deal in the Reaper community when more people realise what you can now do with Realearn/Pot Browser.

I saw also that the 'bank/page names' for the macros now displays the correct ones from the nksf in Pot Browser, this is also super helpful! Is there a way of getting the textual feedback out by osc for these page names also?

Edit: Have now fixed the issue I was having with textual feedback, had accidentally changed my osc port on Open Stage Control, now working like a charm, fully backwards compatible with the experimental pot browser, very impressive work!

Last edited by KennyG5000; 05-17-2023 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Fixed issue with textual feedback
KennyG5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 07:54 AM   #82
Suzuki

Hi, thanks for the extremely useful extension! A few things off the top of my head after testing this are below.

It would be convenient if presets, plugin/product and extension can be sorted by an alphabetical order here.

Some jsfx presets get this error message when I try to load them even though they correctly show up on FX preset list.

Sorry if I missed something obvious, but Reaper internal presets don't show up automatically. Do I need to do something?

EDIT:
It might be handy if we are able to search presets by a plugin name since crawling through "Product" can be tedious if there are many plugins.

Last edited by Suzuki; 05-17-2023 at 10:30 AM.
Suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 12:42 PM   #83
_Stevie_

Quote:
Mmh, to be honest, I wonder why there's not more feedback/testers here.

Where are all the users who use REAPER for composition/arrangement/producing/playing? I'm sure many of them would be eager to have such a tool, at least I would. Sometimes I get the impression that REAPER only attracts mixing/recording people and the rest is niche
I'm in the middle of 3 projects at once, otherwise I would have tested it already. Will try to give it a spin ASAP.
Old 05-17-2023, 01:08 PM   #84
nofish

Quote:

Where are all the users who use REAPER for composition/arrangement/producing/playing? I'm sure many of them would be eager to have such a tool, at least I would. Sometimes I get the impression that REAPER only attracts mixing/recording people and the rest is niche
I'm constantly lurking this thread since you started it.
It's something I wanted to have for a long time.
Just don't have (enough) time currently to dive into it, but will eventually.
Anyway, thank you for providing this tool.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 06:18 PM   #85
X-Raym

@helgoboss
If you are missing beta tester I'll promote it on realinks even in early access stage. May attract few users

Also consider promotinh in other media etc.
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 10:19 PM   #86
7enz

been testing the pot browser
on Windows10
Reaper V6.63
realearn V2.15pre3

the tie in with Realearn source/target midi
on any of the pot targets were Not connecting with the pot browser
(my Reaper version is older - not prepared to update just yet)
The preset crawler worked well with the VST2's not 3's as expected!!

a suggestion:
the filter/tag system might be better suited in a vertical manner or consider 2 vertical columns for the filter tagging system
with the least amount of filters at the top... and the largest section on the bottom or vice versa..
theres alot of screen-realestate unused when having it horizontal, and a little diffucult to navigate by name, whereas seeing the list alphabetically is visually easier to navigate

Last edited by 7enz; 05-17-2023 at 11:00 PM.
7enz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 02:28 AM   #87
7enz

on the browser side(right hand side)
if you right click on a preset (then associated products then select Vst)
if your window size is small & the right side edge is brought inward... the VST selection will flicker, this would be problematic if ever you were to dock right hand side

Last edited by 7enz; 05-18-2023 at 02:34 AM.
7enz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 05:24 AM   #88
carbon

Quote:

---
- Doesn't support the Komplete Kontrol keyboards series. AFAIK, NI doesn't publish any information how to talk to the displays and so on, otherwise it could be done.
---

I remember seeing on the forum that somebody got something drawn on the Komplete keyboard screen, can't recall where.

Anyway that's what keeps me from testing.

EDIT:
Some display action here:
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=333
https://github.com/terminar/rebellion

Last edited by carbon; 05-19-2023 at 04:48 AM.
carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 09:24 AM   #89
KennyG5000

Been digging in a testing Pot Browser some more, and have found a couple of things that don't seem to be fully working yet (at least on my setup). I have found that when loading a nksf from Pot Browser of GForce's Oddity 3 (VST3), it does load up the preset fine, but none of the macro/parameters are available (even though they are mapped and working in Komplete Kontrol); when I hover over one of them I get the error message 'Mapped Parameter 1065737702 doesn't exist in actual plug-in' etc for all macros. It does show the correct names of each parameter and bank names as well (so it sort of knows what should be there!). I have attached a screenshot of Pot Browser with one of these presets loaded so that you can see what I mean.

Strangely, GForce's MiniMonsta 2 (VST2) nksf presets do not show up at all in the Pot Browser database (nor even the instrument), even though they are fine in Komplete Kontrol, and these used to show up fine in the original experimental pot browser! I have double checked but they are definitely still there when I open KK.

I cannot get OP-X Pro II (VST3) nksf presets to load in Pot Browser (I think this must a a strangely coded plugin or something!), when I try and load a nksf there I get the error message 'Couldn't Add FX via name "i7zh34z<3041970470".

Just tried SketchCassette II (VST3) and this has the same missing macros as Oddity 3 (VST3), so I wonder if this only affects the VST3 nksf presets possibly?

Will keep on testing though!
Attached Images
File Type: png Oddity 3 error.png (53.0 KB, 49 views)
File Type: png OX-P Pro II Error.png (91.7 KB, 53 views)
Old 05-19-2023, 12:40 AM   #90
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuki View Post
Hi, thanks for the extremely useful extension! A few things off the top of my head after testing this are below.

It would be convenient if presets, plugin/product and extension can be sorted by an alphabetical order here.

Some jsfx presets get this error message when I try to load them even though they correctly show up on FX preset list.

Sorry if I missed something obvious, but Reaper internal presets don't show up automatically. Do I need to do something?

EDIT:
It might be handy if we are able to search presets by a plugin name since crawling through "Product" can be tedious if there are many plugins.
Hi Suzuki. Noted.

Which JS plug-in doesn't work in particular?

Could you zip your "REAPER_RESOURCE_PATH/presets" folder and send the result to info@helgoboss.org? Is the name of that folder exactly "presets" or is is different in terms of uppercase/lowercase?
helgoboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 05:06 AM   #91
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG5000 View Post
Been digging in a testing Pot Browser some more, and have found a couple of things that don't seem to be fully working yet (at least on my setup). I have found that when loading a nksf from Pot Browser of GForce's Oddity 3 (VST3), it does load up the preset fine, but none of the macro/parameters are available (even though they are mapped and working in Komplete Kontrol); when I hover over one of them I get the error message 'Mapped Parameter 1065737702 doesn't exist in actual plug-in' etc for all macros. It does show the correct names of each parameter and bank names as well (so it sort of knows what should be there!). I have attached a screenshot of Pot Browser with one of these presets loaded so that you can see what I mean.

Strangely, GForce's MiniMonsta 2 (VST2) nksf presets do not show up at all in the Pot Browser database (nor even the instrument), even though they are fine in Komplete Kontrol, and these used to show up fine in the original experimental pot browser! I have double checked but they are definitely still there when I open KK.

I cannot get OP-X Pro II (VST3) nksf presets to load in Pot Browser (I think this must a a strangely coded plugin or something!), when I try and load a nksf there I get the error message 'Couldn't Add FX via name "i7zh34z<3041970470".

Just tried SketchCassette II (VST3) and this has the same missing macros as Oddity 3 (VST3), so I wonder if this only affects the VST3 nksf presets possibly?

Will keep on testing though!
Ah thanks. Yes, macro params with VST3 versions of plug-ins seem to have this issue and now I also know why. This might need some addition from REAPER dev side, I already contacted them.

Concerning OP-X Pro II (VST3): The preset you have tried to load is written for the VST2 version of OP-X Pro II, not the VST3 version. I'm sure about it because of the error message (specifically the "<3041970470" bit). Solution: Install the VST2 version as well.

Concerning GForce's MiniMonsta 2 (VST2) nksf presets not showing up at all, this is something I can investigate only with your help. You need to send me:

1. Your Komplete database file (macOS: "/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Komplete Kontrol/komplete.db3", Windows: "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Native Instruments\Komplete Kontrol\komplete.db3"
2. The result of your REAPER VST scans: "REAPER_RESOURCE_DIR/reaper-vstplugins*.ini"
Old 05-19-2023, 05:23 AM   #92
Suzuki

Quote:
Hi Suzuki. Noted.

Which JS plug-in doesn't work in particular?

Could you zip your "REAPER_RESOURCE_PATH/presets" folder and send the result to info@helgoboss.org? Is the name of that folder exactly "presets" or is is different in terms of uppercase/lowercase?
Thanks for the quick reply. My gmail does not let me attach the file, so I sent a PM.
Old 05-19-2023, 05:26 AM   #93
helgoboss

Thanks all for your feedback so far!

I might have sent the wrong signal by asking for loads of testers and FRs Actually, I don't have much time now to address most of the suggestions because I want to move on to Playtime 2. Nevertheless, I took note of the suggestions mentioned in this thread so far and put them into a list. So I will probably go through that list in mid- or long-term future.

What I'm looking for most at this point is ...

- A general sign of interest from as many users as possible (For one thing, in order to answer my general question "Is it worth my time to put more effort into this in future?". For another thing, as a motivation for myself ... because not just musicians are happy about a good audience who motivates them, also developers )
- A few testers who find Pot Browser with its current feature set already useful and actually use it (not just have a short look!).
- Reports of serious bugs (no nitpicking please, e.g. about UI stuff, that's just noise for me at this point and I will ignore it for the most parts)

I think Pot Browser in its current state is already very useful. But I also know it has still a lot of unused potential. The pure existence of this thing makes one wish for even more, and that "more" I will gladly work on in future ... but for now, all of you are welcome to use this thing as is and report!
Old 05-19-2023, 05:46 AM   #94
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
@helgoboss
If you are missing beta tester I'll promote it on realinks even in early access stage. May attract few users

Also consider promotinh in other media etc.
Hi X-Raym, thanks for the offer! I think it's fine for now in terms of testers. I will see that I fix the more serious bugs that were already mentioned (and maybe still come up). And then I will probably publish it as "Ready for the world". That means it's okay to be used by the public, provides a big benefit already and hopefully not has lots of serious bugs. It *doesn't* mean at all that it's finished! It's rather a starting point, a version 1, and from there it's going to grow over time ... such as ReaLearn itself. Version 1 will still have some limitations such as not saving settings, but that will not make it unusable.

I think at that point (after fixing the bugs) it would already make sense to promote it on ReaLinks. What do you think?
Old 05-19-2023, 08:17 AM   #95
KennyG5000

Quote:
Concerning GForce's MiniMonsta 2 (VST2) nksf presets not showing up at all, this is something I can investigate only with your help. You need to send me:

1. Your Komplete database file (macOS: "/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Komplete Kontrol/komplete.db3", Windows: "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Native Instruments\Komplete Kontrol\komplete.db3"
2. The result of your REAPER VST scans: "REAPER_RESOURCE_DIR/reaper-vstplugins*.ini"
Okay Helgoboss I have sent over by email these details for you to have a look at when you get a chance, glad to hear there is a possibility of the VST3 working with the macros, that would be huge (with more developers dropping VST2 all the time sadly!)
Old 05-19-2023, 09:13 AM   #96
AudioBabble

Quote:
- A few testers who find Pot Browser with its current feature set already useful and actually use it
- Most definitely count me in! I already have an icon in my toolbar for it, with Realearn as a default track 1 in any new project. I even went so far as to make an AHK script to click the "understood" button and switch to dark mode!!

Appreciate what you're saying about FR's and wanting to concentrate on Playtime 2.. very keen to see that too.

Just to note for future ref, regarding preset crawler, I think it could be quite possible to have a few "methods" for achieving the aim. From my own experimentation, I've found two other scenarios than can work where preset names are not readily readable by Reaper. -- depending on the plugin and how it works.

1. Copy/pasting pre-populated names: (Applicable to some plugins, just for example: Eventide Ensemble Bundle)
mouse/keyboard automation of selecting the next preset, then clicking the plugins own internal "save" button, which brings up a dialogue with the preset name ready to be saved -- just a case of copying that and pasting into the Reaper save-preset-as name.

2. OCR: (probably would work with just about any plugin).
I use Capture2text https://sourceforge.net/projects/capture2text/ https://github.com/davidwed/Capture2Text
Basically, just define the outline of the preset name in the plugin display and automate the process -- Capture2Text automatically copies what it scans to memory

These could be alternative options if the usual crawler method doesn't work -- although it would require an amount of "research" on the part of the user to determine which method is going to work.
AudioBabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 09:35 AM   #97
X-Raym

Quote:
I think at that point (after fixing the bugs) it would already make sense to promote it on ReaLinks. What do you think?
I agree 👍See a later then!
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 04:23 PM   #98
KennyG5000

Hi Helgoboss, apologies for hitting you with another possible issue, but I was playing around with XLN Audio XO tonight in Pot Browser, but was getting some issues with nks mapped buttons (faders all work perfectly as expected). They seemed to reflect their status correctly as either 'on/off' when changed in the plugin on the mapped macros in Pot Browser, but I couldn't seem to change the parameter from the Pot Browser macros the other way. I've attached a quick gif to show you what I mean!

https://s12.gifyu.com/images/Possible-Button-Issue.gif

(Gif was too large to attach here!)
Old 05-21-2023, 11:04 PM   #99
_Stevie_

I was giving it a quick spin yesterday. Didn’t assign any controls, though.
Launched Realearn, opened the menu in order to open pot browser, randomly clicked on some presets to load them. I think it was Arturia and some other plugin.
Ultimately, REAPER crashed in both cases (immediate hard crash).

Windows 10 with the latest pre. Any clues where to dig?
Old 05-21-2023, 11:34 PM   #100
helgoboss

Quote:
Hi Helgoboss, apologies for hitting you with another possible issue, but I was playing around with XLN Audio XO tonight in Pot Browser, but was getting some issues with nks mapped buttons (faders all work perfectly as expected). They seemed to reflect their status correctly as either 'on/off' when changed in the plugin on the mapped macros in Pot Browser, but I couldn't seem to change the parameter from the Pot Browser macros the other way. I've attached a quick gif to show you what I mean!

https://s12.gifyu.com/images/Possible-Button-Issue.gif

(Gif was too large to attach here!)
You need to drag the mouse up and down to change the value. Without going into text entry mode. I know, this is not perfect UI wise, I think I will disable text entry completely for now.
Old 05-21-2023, 11:36 PM   #101
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
I was giving it a quick spin yesterday. Didn’t assign any controls, though.
Launched Realearn, opened the menu in order to open pot browser, randomly clicked on some presets to load them. I think it was Arturia and some other plugin.
Ultimately, REAPER crashed in both cases (immediate hard crash).

Windows 10 with the latest pre. Any clues where to dig?
Is it just for some plugins or for all? Try with a preset for a simple plug-in, e.g. ReaSynth.
Old 05-22-2023, 02:00 AM   #102
KennyG5000

Quote:
You need to drag the mouse up and down to change the value. Without going into text entry mode. I know, this is not perfect UI wise, I think I will disable text entry completely for now.
Ha, whoops, didn't try dragging up and down, can see that is working fine that way (hadn't clicked that there was text entry on the box (I can see how text entry could be handy for fine tuning parameters on faders mind!).

I am hoping, further down the line in the development of Pot Browser, that the UI elements get exposed to Realearn targets so they can be fully remote controlled (unless this is already possible of course!). I am thinking things like the buttons for 'user presets', 'factory presets','supported', 'not supported' and 'favourites', they would all be really nice to access optionally via a control surface!
Old 05-22-2023, 05:17 AM   #103
carbon

So the ability to draw and display pictures on the Komplete keyboard / Maschine screen doesn't help implementing the Pot Browser on Komplete / Maschine?

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=88
Old 05-22-2023, 07:14 AM   #104
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon View Post
So the ability to draw and display pictures on the Komplete keyboard / Maschine screen doesn't help implementing the Pot Browser on Komplete / Maschine?

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=88
First, I need to relativize my statement that there's "no support for Komplete Kontrol keyboards":

- Of course, you can get basic controller integration even with Komplete Kontrol keyboards or Maschine! It's basic (not full) mostly in the sense that you don't get any LED/display feedback.
- In fact, external controllers are not necessary at all to use Pot Browser.
- You can always use a 2nd controller e.g. with Mackie MCU import or an OSC app to control/display the same Pot Browser. => Maybe the OSC work-in-progress Pot Browser OSC template by KennyG5000 could be interesting in this respect
- Pot Browser offers many functions and qualities that are not available in Komplete Kontrol plug-in. So even without *full* controller integration, using Pot Browser instead or in addition to Komplete Kontrol plug-in can make a lot of fun and sense.

That being said, yes, knowledge how to set the display content of Komplete Kontrol keyboards / Maschine definitely would help in adding full support for these devices to ReaLearn / Pot Browser. But there are issues that make me refrain from working on it:

1. Even there are reverse-engineered ways to talk to the displays, none of them I've seen so far make the impression to be particularly reliable. All of them seem to be in an experimental state, at best. Maybe slow, maybe not working in corner cases. It would probably be a lot of effort to make this work smoothly and reliably.
2. This could break anytime with firmware/driver updates. So I would be constantly busy fixing things.
3. Komplete Kontrol keyboards / Maschine make only a very small percentage of devices out there. It's not like they are the "best" or a quasi-standard. The only benefit they provide is their integration with NI's products. People who consciously buy these devices are (hopefully) aware that they lock themselves into NI's ecosystem. So why should I care? Might sound harsh, but it's just not my priority.
Old 05-22-2023, 12:15 PM   #105
_Stevie_

Quote:
Is it just for some plugins or for all? Try with a preset for a simple plug-in, e.g. ReaSynth.
Yes, happens with all of them, even the stock ones. Just checked.
Old 05-22-2023, 02:04 PM   #106
helgoboss

Quote:
Yes, happens with all of them, even the stock ones. Just checked.
Oh, that's weird. If it's a hard crash and you don't see any error message, this should give further info on Windows (found on Reddit):

Windows Administrative Tools > Event Report --> Create Custom View --> Select time period, critical/warning/error --> by log --> Event Logs: Application --> OK.

Apart from this, it could help if you tell me:

- Windows version
- REAPER version
- REAPER 32-bit or 64-bit?
Old 05-22-2023, 02:05 PM   #107
helgoboss

Quote:
Ha, whoops, didn't try dragging up and down, can see that is working fine that way (hadn't clicked that there was text entry on the box (I can see how text entry could be handy for fine tuning parameters on faders mind!).

I am hoping, further down the line in the development of Pot Browser, that the UI elements get exposed to Realearn targets so they can be fully remote controlled (unless this is already possible of course!). I am thinking things like the buttons for 'user presets', 'factory presets','supported', 'not supported' and 'favourites', they would all be really nice to access optionally via a control surface!
All those things are already controllable via "Pot: Browse filter items".
Old 05-23-2023, 02:51 AM   #108
KennyG5000

Quote:
All those things are already controllable via "Pot: Browse filter items".
That is fantastic stuff, this will all go into the OSC template for Open Stage Control, will try and post a version here with the new controls integrated soon, will definitely take it to the next level with these options!
Old 05-23-2023, 04:47 AM   #109
_Stevie_

Quote:
Oh, that's weird. If it's a hard crash and you don't see any error message, this should give further info on Windows (found on Reddit):

Windows Administrative Tools > Event Report --> Create Custom View --> Select time period, critical/warning/error --> by log --> Event Logs: Application --> OK.

Apart from this, it could help if you tell me:

- Windows version
- REAPER version
- REAPER 32-bit or 64-bit?
Hey Helgoboss,

it's the latest Windows 10, REAPER 6.79 dev0511 and 64 bit.

Here's what I found in the Event Report:

Code:
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: reaper.exe, Version: 78.230.210.4, Zeitstempel: 0x645d2e92
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ReaLearn-x64.dll, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x64629040
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000012b856c
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x4b1c
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d98ce1c4fcadc0
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\reaper.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\UserPlugins\FX\ReaLearn-x64.dll
Berichtskennung: ca7a2066-0cc6-4ba1-ad2e-18d2e4ac89ae
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:
Not sure how helpful that is!
Old 05-23-2023, 06:40 AM   #110
helgoboss

Quote:
Hey Helgoboss,

it's the latest Windows 10, REAPER 6.79 dev0511 and 64 bit.

Here's what I found in the Event Report:

Code:
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: reaper.exe, Version: 78.230.210.4, Zeitstempel: 0x645d2e92
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ReaLearn-x64.dll, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x64629040
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000012b856c
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x4b1c
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d98ce1c4fcadc0
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\reaper.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\UserPlugins\FX\ReaLearn-x64.dll
Berichtskennung: ca7a2066-0cc6-4ba1-ad2e-18d2e4ac89ae
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:
Not sure how helpful that is!
Ha, I think I have it. You probably didn't put ReaLearn on the monitoring FX chain. So you are kicking ReaLearn itself away and things crash

Workaround for you: Put the ReaLearn instance for Pot Browsing on the monitoring FX chain (recommended anyway!)

My todo: Prevent ReaLearn from killing itself
Old 05-23-2023, 08:46 AM   #111
helgoboss

Released ReaLearn 2.15.0-pre.4 (ReaPack installation instructions)

Changes:
- #842 Pot Browser: Added support for "Project databases" (add via '+' icon, gives you essentially a history of sounds/presets used in all of your projects)
- #842 Pot Browser: Added new text feedback placeholders "fx_parameter.macro.section.name" and "fx_parameter.macro.name"
- #842 Pot Browser: Added preset context menu action "Reveal preview in file manager"
- #842 Pot Browser: Added preset metadata section containing information about author, vendor, file size and modification date (if available)
- #842 Pot Browser: Added more options to configure when to display FX windows and when to hide them
- #842 Pot Browser: Added preset context menu action "Pre-play" (This is fun! It's like a preview on steroids. Pot Browser will load the preview into RS5k sampler, making it playable on your keyboard. So you can play the sound in a lower quality without actually loading the preset. Useful if loading a preset is slow and you want to get a first impression before loading it. Or use it in creative ways!)
- #842 Pot Browser: Improved UI a bit (show notifications a bit longer, better text formatting and error messages, better responsiveness, avoid empty "round dot" context menu)
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed VST2 plug-ins with negative magic number not showing up (e.g. "Op-X Pro II")
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed some Komplete banks and categories not showing up (e.g. "MiniMonsta 2"
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed NKS macro parameters for all VST3 plug-ins not being found
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed internal "FX presets" for all VST2 plug-ins not showing up
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed JSFX effects failing to load if they have a file extension (e.g. Saike's JSFX)
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed possible crash by preventing Pot Browser from replacing its associated ReaLearn instance

All serious bugs that have been reported should be fixed now and there are a few new things as well. If some of you could re-test, that would be awesome.
Old 05-23-2023, 08:47 AM   #112
Zeno

Impressive!
Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 10:49 AM   #113
Suzuki

Thanks for the update! A quick re-testing result.

1. JSFX presets still cannot load, both with a .jsfx extention (e.g. Saike ones) and without a extension (e.g. Tukan ones).

2. Although native VST2 plugin presets problem got fixed beautifully, VST3 internal presets does not show up. It's not only this plugin.

Even <Defaults> can't load. This might be only this plugin.

Win 10, REAPER v6.79+dev0522, 64bit
Old 05-23-2023, 10:59 AM   #114
helgoboss

Quote:
Thanks for the update! A quick re-testing result.

1. JSFX presets still cannot load, both with a .jsfx extention (e.g. Saike ones) and without a extension (e.g. Tukan ones).

2. Although native VST2 plugin presets problem got fixed beautifully, VST3 internal presets does not show up. It's not only this plugin.

Even <Defaults> can't load. This might be only this plugin.

Win 10, REAPER v6.79+dev0522, 64bit
You are using the old version. You need to test with pre.4
Old 05-23-2023, 11:14 AM   #115
Suzuki

Quote:
You are using the old version. You need to test with pre.4
Sorry I recycled the first image, and actually I'm using the latest version (same result).

BTW, I tried project databases feature and I sent a pm relating that.
Old 05-23-2023, 11:37 AM   #116
helgoboss

Quote:
Sorry I recycled the first image, and actually I'm using the latest version (same result).

BTW, I tried project databases feature and I sent a pm relating that.
Ah okay. At least the JS problem seems to be a Windows-specific issue. Looking into it.

UPDATE: The "Projects database" error is also something Windows-specific. I should test more on Windows

UPDATE 2: The VST3 issue is two-fold. User presets are not shown under specific circumstances, I will fix that quickly. But ".vstpreset" kind of presets are NOT SUPPORTED right now! I will probably add this in future but now, you need to live with just normal presets saved via "Save preset..." (just like the tooltip says).

Last edited by helgoboss; 05-23-2023 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-23-2023, 12:56 PM   #117
_Stevie_

Quote:
Ha, I think I have it. You probably didn't put ReaLearn on the monitoring FX chain. So you are kicking ReaLearn itself away and things crash

Workaround for you: Put the ReaLearn instance for Pot Browsing on the monitoring FX chain (recommended anyway!)

My todo: Prevent ReaLearn from killing itself
Hey Helgoboss! Ahh FFS, out of an habit, I put ReaLearn on the track. Silly me... Will check it tomorrow and sorry for the trouble!
Old 05-23-2023, 03:51 PM   #118
helgoboss

I will post pre.5 with new fixes tomorrow! pre.4 still has some known issues.
Old 05-24-2023, 03:39 AM   #119
helgoboss

Released ReaLearn 2.15.0-pre.6 (ReaPack installation instructions)

Changes:
- #842 Pot Browser: Improved usability by adding hint to "FX presets" database that ".vstpreset"-style presets are not yet supported
- #842 Pot Browser: Improved usability by detecting VST3 plug-ins scanned by very old REAPER versions and giving corresponding instructions (sometimes still shown as false positive)
- #842 Pot Browser: Improved usability by adding context column, e.g. to display the containing project of project presets
- #842 Pot Browser: Improved preview recording quality by not normalizing (closer to the original, less surprises when doing pre-play)
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed loading of presets in "FX presets" for sub-directory JS effects on Windows and particular VST plug-ins
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed slightly unresponsive GUI when opening Pot Browser for the first time
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed error on Windows when trying to add project database (by not displaying file dialog)
- #842 Pot Browser: Fixed possible temporary UI inconsistency by preventing rebuilds during refresh
Old 05-24-2023, 09:23 AM   #120
Suzuki

Thanks for the quick fix! Project database and VST problem got fixed, but it seems that JSFX presets without "JS: " prefix (e.g. Geraint' plugin and Tukan Delaymachine) don't load.