Old 06-05-2023, 09:49 AM   #1
smoochdaddy
Human being with feelings

Default Clipping

Hi All. I have the latest Reaper. windows 10, clarity m, and levels by mastering the mix. I dont have true peak on. I am playing the song to a print track ( mix and then Master in the same session at the same time on the print track. I am getting about true peak on my outputs of-.2 as well as masering the Mix plugin is -.2, there is -.2 on my master fader when I print the track. No clipping at all. No true peak turned on in reaper master fader. I am not clipping anywhere but when I export the print track, real time bounce always , even for the print track. I get clipping on Reapers export window. About 120 clips. Is anyone experiencing this.

Thank you in advance.

Lou
smoochdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 04:47 AM   #2
ScuzzyEye

Do you have any over-sampling turned on for any FX or chains? Is your export sample rate the same as the project working sample rate? And what's the exported file format?

Changes in sample rate or lossy compression will produce different peak levels (usually higher). With peaks already at -0.2 you're not leaving much room for that type of processing.
ScuzzyEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 07:20 AM   #3
smoochdaddy

Default Yes

I'm running at 96 and imported tracks but i'm running a print track. Do I need to open a new project and master at 44.1?
Lou
Old 06-06-2023, 07:26 AM   #4
ScuzzyEye

Yes, it's generally best to master as the rate you're going to distribute. That might mean a couple different mastering projects, if you have different targets.

You really need to do your final limiting at the rate your going deliver. Resampling after hard limiting absolutely will introduce higher peaks.
ScuzzyEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 07:29 AM   #5
smoochdaddy

Default Awesome

You are a life saver. Thank you so much. Have an awesome day. Reaper community is awesome!! I'm still new to all of this.

Kindly
Lou