Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 04-15-2023, 09:12 AM   #961
Anarchron
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
Mmh... might be worth signaling that false-positive to Bitdefender if that keeps going. Looks like they have a form for their users at https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer.../answer/29358/.
Done.
Anarchron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 10:26 PM   #962
hexSPA

Hi, I just installed reapack (I think) but 83 entries gave this error:

This script could not be registered in REAPER

It was in the error tab in the transaction window. Do I need to do anything?
hexSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 10:43 PM   #963
cfillion

What are the entries you're trying to install? If they're .py scripts then Python needs to be installed in the system and configured in REAPER's preferences. (Otherwise this could mean you have reached REAPER's action count limit – unlikely.)

Last edited by cfillion; 04-15-2023 at 11:21 PM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 07:59 PM   #964
hexSPA

Quote:
What are the entries you're trying to install? If they're .py scripts then Python needs to be installed in the system and configured in REAPER's preferences. (Otherwise this could mean you have reached REAPER's action count limit – unlikely.)
I just Options/Install when synchronizing, hit OK (I think) and about 4,000 things installed minus those 83 (I assume). This was my first time installing reapack. But, just now, when I synchronized, I got one new installation (reateam extensions/fx/realim: fixed latency...) and no Errors. I definitely do not have python installed on my system so if any .py files are included in the default reapack then that could explain it. I only have SWS as the other extension package so too many actions, like you say, is probably not the cause. Ordinarily, I take screenshots of these types of things but this time I didn't.

Anyway, thanks for creating this. I feel honored to get direct support like that. Really, all I wanted was the ZenoMod VU meter and the action to delete all time signature markers from the time selection. Thousands of new actions - it's kind of overwhelming (especially as a non-coder).
Old 04-16-2023, 11:11 PM   #965
mschnell

Why did you install 4000 "things" you supposedly don't know what they might be useful for ?

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 11:13 AM   #966
Cool Rekz

Default Syncronization Issue

Hello,
I've just installed Reapack but everythime i try to "syncronize packages" i get an error stating "The revocation server is offline".

Can anyone hep me please?

Thanks"
Cool Rekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 09:32 PM   #967
hexSPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Why did you install 4000 "things" you supposedly don't know what they might be useful for ?

-Michael
Because I'm an idiot, obviously

Actually it's because the guide that I followed seemed to recommend just installing everything since it doesn't slow reaper down. Plus, I was not really wanting to install reapack now because I generally research things pretty thoroughly before jumping in. However, I really wanted the zenomod VU meter so I just went for it. I guess this is what I get! It's easy to uninstall, right?

Here's the quote:
"I recommend you leave them checked and install all of these!"
from: https://www.reapertips.com/post/how-to-install-reapack

Maybe next time I'll stick with reaperblog or kenny.

Last edited by hexSPA; 04-17-2023 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-17-2023, 10:16 PM   #968
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Rekz View Post
everythime i try to "syncronize packages" i get an error stating "The revocation server is offline".
A variety of network-related issues could do that... (VPN/firewall/DNS/etc)

Can't help troubleshoot the root cause, however disabling "Verify the authenticity of SSL/TLS certificates" in ReaPack > Manage repositories > Options > Network settings should work around the problem.
Old 04-17-2023, 10:31 PM   #969
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexSPA View Post
installing everything since it doesn't slow reaper down.
It doesn't slow Reaper down and the amount of disk space used supposedly is not that huge. Only the count of plugins in the appropriate search procedure is vastly increased.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 02:53 AM   #970
hexSPA

Quote:
It doesn't slow Reaper down and the amount of disk space used supposedly is not that huge. Only the count of plugins in the appropriate search procedure is vastly increased.

-Michael
Right. Plugins and actions. I know I called them "things" and I feel like you might have taken that personally. In my comment, I did mention they're "actions" and I assume most of it is scripts and I saw a few .png files too so, yeah, "things". Peace.
Old 04-18-2023, 09:22 AM   #971
nofish

@hexSPA
Not sure if it's en- or disabled by default, but there's an option in ReaPack to not install everything automatically.
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=747
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 07:13 PM   #972
cfillion

It's disabled by default. Default mode is to let users choose to install only what they want from the package browser.
Old 06-09-2023, 04:40 AM   #973
fawudd

Quote:

-Michael
I accidentally installed all of the packages (somehow I checked all) 2 weeks ago. I chose not to undo this at the time. This may be totally unrelated, but for the first time in years of using Reaper, I got spinning beachballs and Reaper became unresponsive 2-4 times per week. Particularly around manipulating plugins. Last weekend, I uninstalled all except those I had originally. So far this week, no infinite beachballs. This is far from scientific, but it just reinforced the stance of only installing extensions that I need.
fawudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 02:28 PM   #974
hexSPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawudd View Post
I accidentally installed all of the packages (somehow I checked all) 2 weeks ago. I chose not to undo this at the time. This may be totally unrelated, but for the first time in years of using Reaper, I got spinning beachballs and Reaper became unresponsive 2-4 times per week. Particularly around manipulating plugins. Last weekend, I uninstalled all except those I had originally. So far this week, no infinite beachballs. This is far from scientific, but it just reinforced the stance of only installing extensions that I need.
Just a wild guess but do you have a HDD (as opposed to SSD)? maybe macOS is indexing these thousands of files while you're using reaper. I turn that off on windows which slows down search but then I don't get that background activity (must save the 0.01% CPU for more instances of Massive )
Old 07-06-2023, 05:38 AM   #975
luiza177

I recently moved to a new computer, I transferred my settings by exporting/importing them. I still have all the scripts I downloaded via Reascript in my old computer, but now Reascript doesn't seem to associate them with scripts downloaded with it. Is it possible to sort of 'reconnect' them?
luiza177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 04:51 PM   #976
cfillion

Exporting/importing REAPER settings does not copy over all files including ReaPack's database of installed packages. Best to copy the entire resource directory (Options > Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder) or use ReaPack's import/export feature (Manage repositories > Import/export) in addition to REAPER's.
Old 07-09-2023, 01:21 PM   #977
jbradbury

Is anyone able to help me make my project (https://github.com/ReaCoMa/ReaCoMa-2.0) compatible with ReaPack? I've been working with reapack-index and am generally command-line competent but I just really am hitting a wall getting the package to show up in a sensible fashion after I create the index.

I don't know if it is possible, but I have "user facing" scripts which use a library of other scripts I built under the hood to manage shared bits of code. I can't figure out how to make the bits of the package I want to show up as actions show up in there while also pulling in the underlying code that is require()d in Lua. Any pointers to an example project perhaps?
jbradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 04:57 PM   #978
cfillion

The first step is to decide how to split (or not to split) the scripts into separate user-installable packages. (Is ReaCoMa best described as a set of tools/actions updated individually, or "one thing" consisting of multiple actions? Would it make sense to let users choose to install only a subset or have mismatched versions?)
(Generally, ReaPack repositories are meant to hold many packages, not just one big one. Have you considered releasing on ReaTeam?)

Then those user-installable packages need to be moved in a subfolder, which serves as the category name in ReaPack.

To include additional files beyond the package's file itself:
Code:
@provides
  [main]   user_action.lua
  [nomain] library_file.lua
If the library files are shared between multiple packages, each one using them must provide a different copy:
Code:
-- @description Script A
-- @version 1.0
-- @provides shared_library_file.lua > Script A/library_file.lua

dofile(self_path .. '/Script A/library_file.lua')
Installing 'Script A' will pull the correct version of 'shared_library_file.lua' from the time of its 1.0 release. Independently from the version of the shared library that a 'Script B' v1.4.8 might need.

In addition to the documentation, and even if building your own repository, I'd recommend referring to the GUI ReaTeam uploader (https://reapack.com/upload) as an interactive example of valid metadata.

(Also this is the user thread, the developer thread for questions like this is here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=169127)

Last edited by cfillion; 07-09-2023 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-10-2023, 02:15 AM   #979
jbradbury

Quote:
(Also this is the user thread, the developer thread for questions like this is here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=169127)
I'll respond in the appropriate thread! Thank you for your help so far.
Old 07-11-2023, 01:07 AM   #980
luiza177

Quote:
Exporting/importing REAPER settings does not copy over all files including ReaPack's database of installed packages. Best to copy the entire resource directory (Options > Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder) or use ReaPack's import/export feature (Manage repositories > Import/export) in addition to REAPER's.
Thank you so much!
luiza177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 09:11 PM   #981
Infrabass

Hey, hello everyone,

I wonder if there is an easy way to upload reascripts for beta testers only.
I guess having a secondary repository would do the trick.
Infrabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 05:00 AM   #982
cfillion

Add letters to the version number to make a pre-release version. Those are only installed if explicitly selected by the user or if pre-releases are enabled (either globally or per package).

In a scenario where a package has the following versions available (sorted from smallest to biggest number):
  • 1.1beta1
  • 1.1beta2
With pre-releases disabled (by default out of the box): the latest version shown is 1.0.1.
  • Synchronizing will update to 1.0.1 if 1.0 is already installed
  • Synchronizing will update to 1.1beta2 if 1.1beta1 is already installed (up to the next stable version)
  • 1.1beta1 or beta2 needs to be selected explicitly in the 'Versions' menu to be installed

With pre-releases enabled (user changed the setting): there are no distinction between pre- and stable releases. 1.1beta2 is the version shown.

Last edited by cfillion; 08-02-2023 at 05:11 AM.
Old 08-07-2023, 04:38 AM   #983
Infrabass

Awesome!
Infrabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 07:30 AM   #984
mks

I'm having a problem where the reapack package list is blank. Despite it showing that there are many available in the upper right filter area. That and all my installed items are functioning. I just can't browse or see things in this list. Any idea what's wrong or what I can do to fix this? I've already replaced the reapack.dll.

Thanks
mks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 08:44 AM   #985
cfillion

It sounds like the columns are hidden: right-clicking the list's header should show checkboxes to bring them back (or use "Reset columns"). If that's not it, can you post a screenshot of your package browser window?

Old 10-19-2023, 11:04 AM   #986
BJORG

Running Reaper V6.83 via wine on Ubuntu
With default settings Reapack gives me:
SSL connect error (35): schannel: ApplyControlToken failure: SEC_E_UNSUPPORTED_FUNCTION (0x80090302)

I tried to edit the Network settings. If I give a proxy address I got "couldn't connect server" back.
(Couldn't connect to server (7): Failed to connect to 192.168.207.46 port 8080 after 2 ms: Couldn't connect to server)

Reaper itself could connect to the internet and gives me the hint that there is a new version after starting the program.

Any idea would I can do?

Last edited by BJORG; 10-19-2023 at 11:29 AM.
BJORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 02:54 AM   #987
dna598

When i do a fresh install, with an imported configuration, Reapack doesn't know what scripts i have installed, and so I have to manually re-install scripts to get a sync.

Any way to get Reapack to recognize the already installed scripts?
dna598 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 03:46 AM   #988
cfillion

If you're importing a configuration, make sure to also import ReaPack's data directory (Options > Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder > ReaPack).

Alternatively: ReaPack > Manage repositories > Import/Export > Export offline archive.
Old 10-31-2023, 02:32 PM   #989
dna598

Quote:
If you're importing a configuration, make sure to also import ReaPack's data directory (Options > Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder > ReaPack).

Alternatively: ReaPack > Manage repositories > Import/Export > Export offline archive.
Ah, thank you very much.
dna598 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 06:29 AM   #990
chmaha

I'm getting the error message "HTTP response code said error (22): The requested URL returned error: 500" when synchronizing repos on ReaPack or when trying to reinstall a version of a package:

Seems to be affecting all repos I have installed.

I wonder whether it is me, my internet connection, ReaPack, Github or some other gremlin? Initial tests suggest my network is fine (git pull in the terminal works for example), regular web browsing is fine (including accessing various files on github) so I'm a bit confuddled.

EDIT: Seems to have resolved itself without me doing anything. Weird.

Last edited by chmaha; 01-09-2024 at 06:46 AM.
chmaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 06:44 AM   #991
cfillion

It's a GitHub outage in one of their datacenter: https://www.githubstatus.com/incidents/pxg3dz4yg7lp.
Old 01-09-2024, 06:51 AM   #992
chmaha

Quote:
It's a GitHub outage in one of their datacenter: https://www.githubstatus.com/incidents/pxg3dz4yg7lp.
Thanks (and bookmarked)!
Old 02-10-2024, 06:58 AM   #993
Hartley Mays

Default MS VC++ Runtime Error

Hello,

Trying to synchronize reapack for the first time in a few weeks.

I'm getting an error messsage: MS VC++ Runtime Library

Application has requested runtime to terminate in an unusual way

The member currently being processed is Data\Grooves\Logic_8f.rgt

I've tried several times and consistently get this error.

Please advise.
Hartley Mays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 07:02 AM   #994
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley Mays View Post
Hello,

Trying to synchronize reapack for the first time in a few weeks.

I'm getting an error messsage: MS VC++ Runtime Library

Application has requested runtime to terminate in an unusual way

The member currently being processed is Data\Grooves\Logic_8f.rgt

I've tried several times and consistently get this error.

Please advise.
Update ReaPack first before installing SWS:
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...03&postcount=2
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 08:16 AM   #995
Hartley Mays

Default Fixed!

That works,
Thanks for the quick response.

Later,
Hartley
Hartley Mays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 09:29 AM   #996
fawudd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexSPA View Post
Just a wild guess but do you have a HDD (as opposed to SSD)? maybe macOS is indexing these thousands of files while you're using reaper. I turn that off on windows which slows down search but then I don't get that background activity (must save the 0.01% CPU for more instances of Massive )
Sorry I missed this response...better late than never. My MBP has an SSD. As mentioned in this thread, it is best practice to just install what you actually want/need. This also helps with stuff from github and elsewhere where you may be bringing in loads of scripts from a dev that are not usable until you pay for them.
fawudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 12:53 PM   #997
Stevie326

Default I import reapack repos and it defaults to default repos

I import reapack repos and it defaults to default repos. I can sync, install scripts, close reaper, reopen and sync reapack, then none of the imported repos are included in the sync. Yet what I installed I still there. Any thoughts?
Stevie326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 10:40 PM   #998
cfillion

Do you mean that, after restarting, the previously successfully added repositories are somehow no longer listed in Extensions > ReaPack > Manage repositories?

If so, it has to be some kind of permission issue preventing it from writing to <resource path>/reapack.ini, or some other software keeps restoring that file to an earlier version, etc. Try changing the settings in Manage repositories > Options and see if those survive a restart.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:47 AM   #999
Tapio

My Reapack update is full of errors, since yesterday I think. Errors after sync packages. Anyone?

Code:
https://github.com/MichaelPilyavskiy/ReaScripts/raw/master/index.xml:
  SSL connect error (35): schannel: next InitializeSecurityContext failed: Unknown error (0x80092013) - Die Sperrfunktion konnte die Sperrung nicht überprüfen, da der Sperrserver offline war.

https://github.com/ReaTeam/JSFX/raw/master/index.xml:
  SSL connect error (35): schannel: next InitializeSecurityContext failed: Unknown error (0x80092013) - Die Sperrfunktion konnte die Sperrung nicht überprüfen, da der Sperrserver offline war.

https://github.com/Steviekeys/StevieKeys_JSFX2/raw/master/index.xml:

https://github.com/RobU23/ReaScripts/raw/master/index.xml:

https://github.com/ReaTeam/Extensions/raw/master/index.xml:

https://github.com/ReaTeam/ReaScripts/raw/master/index.xml:

https://reapack.com/index.xml:

https://www.github.com/JoepVanlier/JSFX/raw/master/index.xml:

https://github.com/ReaTeam/LangPacks/raw/master/index.xml:

https://github.com/Ultraschall/ultraschall-lua-api-for-reaper/raw/master/ultraschall_api_index.xml:

https://github.com/GoranKovac/ReaScripts/raw/master/index.xml:

https://github.com/me2beats/reapack/raw/master/index.xml:

https://github.com/Sonic-Anomaly/Sonic-Anomaly-JSFX/raw/master/index.xml:

https://github.com/X-Raym/REAPER-ReaScripts/raw/master/index.xml:

https://github.com/ReaTeam/Themes/raw/master/index.xml:

ReaTeam Scripts/Various/ReaNamer (track-item-region-marker renaming utility) v1.45:
  Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\Various\amagalma_ReaNamer Replace Help.lua is already owned by another package

ReaTeam Scripts/Various/ReaNamer (track-item-region-marker renaming utility) v1.45:
  Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\Various\amagalma_ReaNamer utf8data.lua is already owned by another package

https://github.com/Bird-Bird/ReaScript_Testing/raw/6873ea0f96605475015b81c396c90eccdc1a9a32/Razor%20Edit%20Utility/BirdBird_Razor%20Edit%20Utility%20Settings.lua:

https://github.com/Bird-Bird/ReaScript_Testing/raw/6873ea0f96605475015b81c396c90eccdc1a9a32/Razor%20Edit%20Utility/BirdBird_Razor%20Edit%20Utility%20-%20Comp%20to%20nearest%20comp%20track%20(above).lua:

https://github.com/Bird-Bird/ReaScript_Testing/raw/6873ea0f96605475015b81c396c90eccdc1a9a32/Razor%20Edit%20Utility/BirdBird_Razor%20Edit%20Utility%20Toolbar.lua:

https://github.com/Bird-Bird/ReaScript_Testing/raw/6873ea0f96605475015b81c396c90eccdc1a9a32/Razor%20Edit%20Utility/BirdBird_Razor%20Edit%20Utility%20-%20Comp%20to%20selected%20track.lua:
Tapio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 10:55 AM   #1000
cfillion

This can be be a variety of things, usually related to VPN apps/mandatory proxy/firewall.

If you can't think of any recent changes on your computer or network: try disabling "Verify the authenticity of SSL/TLS certificates" in ReaPack > Manage repositories > Options > Network settings.