Old 04-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #121
BlackBart
Human being with feelings

I also do not like the centered view. It's such a waste of space. As others have mentioned, having the upper space blank, and less room for knobs at the bottom is not so good.

I find myself using older themes just to avoid this issue.
BlackBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:32 AM   #122
krahosk

I glued the MIDI item. and now, no matter what I do, this is the default display "mode", to minimal view setting. Even when I quit Reaper and open it again. Even when I copy the MIDI item to another track.

The other tracks work fine.

I found a solution: I glued the albeit unique MIDI item in question and it returned to normal.
krahosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #123
Rjp07044

Default screens stop updating

Not sure if this is related to alpha 4 or not or if this is a known issue:

I'm using Wave Arts TrackPlug5. When I open it's GUI all screens (TCP,MCP, transport etc.) behave normally during playback.

When I add an automation envelope for TrackPlug5's gating enable/disable and then open the TrackPlug5 GUI Reaper's screens (TCP,MCP, transport etc.) stop updating or stop refreshing during playback. They seem to "freeze" at the time I open the plug-in's GUI. Not sure if this is a problem specific to TrackPlug5.

Any ideas?
Rjp07044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #124
hopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjp07044 View Post
Not sure if this is related to alpha 4 or not or if this is a known issue:

I'm using Wave Arts TrackPlug5. When I open it's GUI all screens (TCP,MCP, transport etc.) behave normally during playback.

When I add an automation envelope for TrackPlug5's gating enable/disable and then open the TrackPlug5 GUI Reaper's screens (TCP,MCP, transport etc.) stop updating or stop refreshing during playback. They seem to "freeze" at the time I open the plug-in's GUI. Not sure if this is a problem specific to TrackPlug5.

Any ideas?
Thought I'd try to dbl chk this for you...

It's curious... the vst gui updates OK, but the reaper play cursor really bogs down for me and no longer moves smoothly along the track... it's cleary is this plugin that seems to cause this

I also see on my wimmpy 3.0ghz single core that the cpu use with this plug goes up to 50-52% on just one little wav file...

So OK did a compare with another Track Stip that has similar abilities.... it still eats 50% cpu but has no problems with the reaper cursor moving through the automation...

My guess? problem with the Wave Arts itself but WTF do I really know?
Old 04-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #125
krahosk

Default Markers Bug

MARKER BUG REPORT:

With my current project, the marker "double-click between project markers sets loop points" doesn't work anymore in the main ruler.
It does though in the MIDI ruler.
Don't know what I did and don't know what to do!

I can put my project on Stash. I'll do that this afternoon if useful.

Last edited by krahosk; 04-04-2011 at 04:38 AM.
krahosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #126
gofer
-blänk-

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
one problem with centred view is that what happens when you have track parameter fx knobs below the main controls too and also if we get fx inserts on the tcp too then it makes sense to have it at the top.
As soon as there are track control knobs, there is no centering. One can still like or dislike it (I'm no fan myself), but there is no wasted space or less room for control knobs because of it.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:28 PM   #127
Kundalinguist

[tapping feet, sixty one times].
Old 04-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #128
JaqueWah

How do you get to try the Alpha version?
JaqueWah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #129
Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaqueWah View Post
How do you get to try the Alpha version?
See http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=22836.
Tale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:11 PM   #130
Solar

Hey fellas!

As i'm doing my transition slowly into Reaper, leaving Cubase behind slowly, i've been working a lot in R4 Alpha, and I know that you can Group Item and manage whatever you want to group and it will act accordingly. But just stumbled into something that I find would be nice... Maybe its already doable but trying it right now as i'm typing and what i'm trying to do ain't happening.

Here is:

I selected few tracks ok (and this either in the mixer or inside the Project) and as I select these tracks , normally if I go with my Mouse and bring down the volume per say, all the Vol knobs are going down right? So far this is fine, but the problem is that when you do that ain't the same as if you go and DIAL (put) the exact amount dB you wish, lets say -3dB k!

What i was trying to do is after selecting these tracks, I simply rigth Click in one of the selected Vol tracks and the Track Control appear, was wondering if it would be possible to make that when you Right Click and Dial the Value, that all of the Volume Selected of these tracks to apply that value?

Of course I'm talking when Tracks ARE Selected only and Or are Grouped Slaved

Hope i was able to explain well what I'm trying to achieve... another quick way to achieve something that I think would be nice to have inside Reaper as a possibility.

Or if there is a way to do it this way and I don't know, if you guys can show me how.

Thanx Dev Team

MY

Last edited by Solar; 04-05-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Solar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #131
WyattRice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Hey fellas!

As i'm doing my transition slowly into Reaper, leaving Cubase behind slowly, i've been working a lot in R4 Alpha, and I know that you can Group Item and manage whatever you want to group and it will act accordingly. But just stumbled into something that I find would be nice... Maybe its already doable but trying it right now as i'm typing and what i'm trying to do ain't happening.

Here is:

I selected few tracks ok (and this either in the mixer or inside the Project) and as I select these tracks , normally if I go with my Mouse and bring down the volume per say, all the Vol knobs are going down right? So far this is fine, but the problem is that when you do that ain't the same as if you go and DIAL (put) the exact amount dB you wish, lets say -3dB k!

What i was trying to do is after selecting these tracks, I simply rigth Click in one of the selected Vol tracks and the Track Control appear, was wondering if it would be possible to make that when you Right Click and Dial the Value, that all of the Volume Selected of these tracks to apply that value?
Of course I'm talking Tracks ARE Selected only and Or are Grouped Slaved

Hope i was able to explain well what I'm trying to achieve... another quick way to achieve something that I think would be nice to have inside Reaper as a possibility.

Or if there is a way to do it this way and I don't know, if you guys can show me how.

Thanx Dev Team

MY
I think I know what you mean, but it doesn't exist yet. Which brings up a good point. We should be able to type in the volume, and pans for that matter, so they would all change on selected tracks. I did find this for a work around. See this thread. http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=712207
Old 04-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #132
WyattRice

After a little searching, I think that this is in the issue tracker here: http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=776
Old 04-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #133
Solar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattRice View Post
After a little searching, I think that this is in the issue tracker here: http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=776
Hey Wyatt!!!

Thanx for the link, gonna check that out now and indeed, I mean the reason I brough the point is to have those possibilities but inside Reaper instead of using "extensions SWS". Don't get me wrong, the SWS add-ons are amazing and wonderful but maybe there could either be an option during installation to have those MOD features add-ons instead looking for them. Would make life easier.

But still find that there are many little quick easy feature like this that would nice to see them part of and integrated in Reaper's option and possibilities to maek life easier.

I'm sure Will see something like this soon from Dev Team Cockos

Thanx mate
Old 04-05-2011, 08:25 PM   #134
Solar

Default Routing Window suggestion with Dialing Value physically

TO Dev Team!

Would it b possible to be able as well when inside Routing Window of a track, lets say you have a Send Reverb or whatever in that window that has a "Knob", to have the option when you right Click, just like when you are in the Mixer and right click in a Volume Fader, to be able to Dial Input the Precise Value you want?

I think this feature would of being able "to Add or Dial In" the Value you wish, should be available everywhere in Reaper where it allow of course.

I just find sometimes easy and quick when you u know , you can just click and dial the exact value you wish. I work a lot like that when mixing etc...

What you guys think and can this be done Dev Team?

Thanx a lot in advance
Old 04-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #135
Rjp07044

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
Thought I'd try to dbl chk this for you...

It's curious... the vst gui updates OK, but the reaper play cursor really bogs down for me and no longer moves smoothly along the track... it's cleary is this plugin that seems to cause this

I also see on my wimmpy 3.0ghz single core that the cpu use with this plug goes up to 50-52% on just one little wav file...

So OK did a compare with another Track Stip that has similar abilities.... it still eats 50% cpu but has no problems with the reaper cursor moving through the automation...

My guess? problem with the Wave Arts itself but WTF do I really know?

I tried automating some trackplug parameters in a different DAW and the problem with the screen refreshing did not occur. Only happens in reaper- so there's some issue with how reaper handles WaveArts trackplug VST.
Rjp07044 is offline   Reply With Quote