Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 05-19-2022, 06:34 AM   #1
strachupl
Human being with feelings

Default What is optimal workflow for scaling themes?

Hi. I always used Gimp to edit/create images for themes but I wonder how you guys do these 150%, 200% scaling. How it is done? I think that drawing multiple scales versions is not a smart way? What is optimal workflow for that? Making images bigger and downscaling? Maybe better to use other graphic program?
strachupl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 08:05 AM   #2
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

There's a lot you can do to reduce the labour of originating the graphics, such as making them entirely vector so they scale nicely in your graphics program. But at some point, if you want to do things right and definitely for images using pink and yellow lines, you've just got to put on your bravest pair of trousers and do it as hard work, by hand.
Old 05-19-2022, 10:32 AM   #3
SmajjL

Ohh, wow time goes fast, maby things have improoved i hope.

I was simply using Gimp with the BIMP plug-in, but yeah i'm afraid i had to redraw the pinklines manually because if the pinkline got slightest opacity or blur-damage because of the upscale, that not good because there is only one correct pink says someone

If you do one theme, you will get pretty fast, so fast so you might as well do a couple of more, but yeah, best motivation speech i have atm

Just start playing with one image and experiment and you will know what needs to be done should you go for it, and i think scaleing 150% sounds like a bad idea (result), see for yourself, try stuff and BAM! new hobby

Last edited by SmajjL; 05-19-2022 at 10:48 AM.
SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 11:51 AM   #4
Mordi

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
you've just got to put on your bravest pair of trousers and do it as hard work, by hand.
This makes me want to use scripting to automate the process. Unfortunately my vector tool of choice doesn’t support it. I’m sure it’s possible to automate it somehow.
Old 05-19-2022, 03:33 PM   #5
Pashkuli
Banned

There was a thread with similar problems a few weeks back...

"Tools for themers"
Pashkuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 01:56 PM   #6
SmajjL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
This makes me want to use scripting to automate the process. Unfortunately my vector tool of choice doesn’t support it. I’m sure it’s possible to automate it somehow.

You could make an add that you teach your stuff, then you make your students do one folder of images each, BAM! "optimal workflow'ness"

Last edited by SmajjL; 05-21-2022 at 02:33 PM.
SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote